It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: carewemust
Late to the thread, but it just occurred to me.. Now that all the indispensable, important VIP's are out of Washington, and scattered about, there might really be an attack on Kim Jong!

New conspiracy theory?

Congress was worried that Trump would fire Mueller while they are on Summer vacation. But with Trump himself out of town for a couple of weeks, there's definitely something in the works. (IMO of course)

Plus, the Senate left Washington on August 4th. McConnell had delayed their recess until the third week of August because they had "so much work to do". "Something" caused them to change their mind.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: EarthPilgrim

War fixes economies.

Trump promised he would fix the economy.

So there...

Money over lives, it must stop!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Trump's mouth (and twitter account) keeps writing checks that his own government and allies don't want to cash. Trump's mindset is ready, fire, aim.. which is a very bad trait for the POTUS.

When I served in the Army in SK, during a trip to the DMZ, I remember seeing ridiculously tall flags in the one room that crosses the border of both countries, where meetings between the nations could be held. Just those little flags you'd put on a table to represent your country.. but the SK had something like 6 tiers.. and then NK flag had 7. They used to have 1. But NK added a tier. So SK did. So NK added another. And so on.

That regime of family-dictators don't like to be one-upped.. outdone. So what does Trump do? He keeps purposely raising the ante. Just leave them the hell alone.. don't respond to their childish taunts.. keep up the sanctions.. let the loss of cash hurt their nation and their nuclear program. If a child tries to bully you, an adult.. do you engage them? No.. you punish them.. and ignore their childish taunts. You don't stoop to their level and try to outdo them. Which is exactly what Trump is doing.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The first Korean war created 5 million dead wounded and missing now we get to do that all again but with nukes as well,when will my stupid species ever learn
edit on 8-8-2017 by khnum because: boo boo

edit on 8-8-2017 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Trump's mouth (and twitter account) keeps writing checks that his own government and allies don't want to cash. Trump's mindset is ready, fire, aim.. which is a very bad trait for the POTUS.

Can you elaborate? That's not what President Trump and our wonderful military did in Syria and Afghanistan earlier this year.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wouldn't disregard the possibility that this is a diversionary tactic by Trump to get Mueller off his back, it's been non-stop since before he was even elected.

This ain't no reality show anymore, the dummy has got to go.
edit on 8-8-2017 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

That regime of family-dictators don't like to be one-upped.. outdone. So what does Trump do? He keeps purposely raising the ante. Just leave them the hell alone.. don't respond to their childish taunts.. keep up the sanctions.. let the loss of cash hurt their nation and their nuclear program. If a child tries to bully you, an adult.. do you engage them? No.. you punish them.. and ignore their childish taunts. You don't stoop to their level and try to outdo them. Which is exactly what Trump is doing.

They threatened to go nuclear on an American base. Now they might be bluffing, but come on. It cannot be ignored.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Stay On Topic!!!!

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

He's saying he's going to hit Guam. That is a US territory.
That would be a direct act of war.
God knows what congress would approve then.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

He's saying he's going to hit Guam. That is a US territory.
That would be a direct act of war.
God knows what congress would approve then.

Wait? Isn't it all fair in war and everything else?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Trump supporters need to do something about this maniac!!!! I would leave Seattle.

I know someone in Seattle. I hope she and her mom will move....even if it's only temporary.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
This is why I believe that Trump presents a clear danger to global security

Are you kidding? An extreme cult-of-personality dictatorship where citizens are forced to watch people being publicly executed for trivial crimes makes repeated threats to nuke the U.S. while actively developing said nukes and bragging about it, but Trump is the "clear danger to global security" because he says he'll respond with force if NK doesn't stop actively threatening the U.S.

Go on then, let's hear what you think an appropriate response would be to another country threatening to nuke us and then actually building the nukes and saying it's coming.

You're living in some fantasy world. There will be war - not because of Trump, but because of North Korea.

Amen. Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

"And as I said they will be met with fire, fury and frankly, power… the likes of which this world has never been seen before."

Sounds like a threat to nuke the little nuke with a much larger one. YAY! Just what America needs! The distinction of going down in history as the only country to nuke 2 countries!

If it were Russia, we'd be chomping at the bit to "take care of them", for the sake of freedom and humanity and...you know the propaganda spiel we vomit profusely.
Looks like a mis quote to me I heard him say " And as i said they will be met with fire and fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before." didn't hear never been seen before.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Would we really miss it?
I think not.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Anti-America Terrorist CNN has BIG POLL NUMBERS on the screen showing that 50% of Americans want the U.S. Military to strike North Korea ASAP. 41% Do not.

CNN is a threat to National Security. They should be shut down immediately by the FCC/Homeland Security.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Did America just enter into the trap of North Korea? Trump warns of nuclear war with heated language for the first time since the Cold War. (and I don't remember Ronald Reagan to have used such exact words).

That is precisely what Kim's regime wants. The answer comes immediately: North Korea considers plans for attack of Guam (nuclear?) Why NK would want to challenge militarily the world superpower, is enigma for now. The fact is they are doing it.

Moreover, on the ASEAN meeting NK declared it wouldn't use nuclear weapons against other countries, except for those who join the "US attack". In other words, NK just warned Japan and South Korea for possible nuclear strikes on them as well.

North Korea may not be able to win a war against USA ALONE, but it is deadly sure NK will do its best to inflict maximum damage on USA. Like EMP for instance. So may be Trump is playing according to their desires with his fast tweet reactions compared to those of a teenager, and a not very talented one...Does he understand that after the first EMP America will NEVER be the same?
edit on 9-8-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

IMO it sounds like this is a threat to use weapons that NK doesn't even know exist.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Well. The rhetoric is certainly being ratcheted up. Kim Jong-un may well seek to give another display of a missile test, and that might be the last straw. If Trump was to order a missile barrage on North Korea, it will probably happen when it is early evening in North Korea, when it is dark. So that would be around midday here in the UK and dawn in America.

I have a feeling North Korea's missile capability is not quite what is being represented in the media, so Trump would not need to use nukes first. The problem is, North Korea will stand there in your face and threaten all day long, but may not attack first. It seems both are trying to draw the other out into an attack, but maybe neither will commit pre-emptively? It's the missile test that might start it, or a too strongly worded rhetoric threat.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Nyiah

IMO it sounds like this is a threat to use weapons that NK doesn't even know exist.

U.S. spy satellites see North Korea loading 2 cruise missiles onto a patrol boat.
www.foxnews.com...

Unless these are little firecracker cruise missiles, won't they burn the guys up on the patrol boat when launched? When I see cruise missiles fired from U.S. Navy ships, it looks like the entire ship rocks a little bit. Firing one from a relatively small patrol boat isn't possible is it?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join