It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Not to sound flippant,but this situation looks like the Kobayashi Maru ....

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Kim does the same thing Stalin did in WW2, he takes most the resources generated by the population to sell them abroad, and buys weapons and materiel for his military forces, a lot of it from Russia and China.

If the U.S. went against Russia in WW2, there's no telling who would have won.

This is what I don't understand, why do we keep arming people?
The whole earth is in upheaval, maybe they do want most of us dead.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
a reply to: Grambler

Not to sound flippant,but this situation looks like the Kobayashi Maru ....

It is nothing like that, it is nuking all over again without reservation, as with your history.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

What's that?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: buckwhizzle

What's that?

No-Win Scenario in Star Trek. Kirk cheated at it to win.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Late to the thread, but it just occurred to me.. Now that all the indispensable, important VIP's are out of Washington, and scattered about, there might really be an attack on Kim Jong!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Late to the thread, but it just occurred to me.. Now that all the indispensable, important VIP's are out of Washington, and scattered about, there might really be an attack on Kim Jong!

New conspiracy theory?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The Kobayashi Maru is a training exercise in the fictional Star Trek universe designed to test the character of Starfleet Academy cadets in a no-win scenario.More at Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Very simple. Money is more important to some people then others lives. And it seems war never kills those people.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Very simple. Money is more important to some people then others lives. And it seems war never kills those people.

Do civilians outnumber military? Anyone know?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Google is your friend.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Google is your friend.

Not lately. ha ha

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Civilians outnumber government and military by many times, but all they have to do is flip a switch and our conversation is over, our refrigerators and water shut off, and most of us completely lose our # and die and starve and do all kinds of stupid #.

I was reading the Army Times today, the guys who never have to get their hands dirty are babbling about needing to reinstate the draft...So...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Civilians outnumber government and military by many times, but all they have to do is flip a switch and our conversation is over, our refrigerators and water shut off, and most of us completely lose our # and die and starve and do all kinds of stupid #.

I was reading the Army Times today, the guys who never have to get their hands dirty are babbling about needing to reinstate the draft...So...

Wow, how about we get a shift in power? Now.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

I have to say that Trump freaks me out in general but this situation with NK is pretty much a no win. I wonder though if this has been in the works for awhile (putting on my conspiracy hat) - For instance

1) In April China reportedly moved 150k troops to the NK border
2) On August 1st, It was reported that the US detects "highly unusual" activity of the NK sub fleet.. Sure they are old and wouldn't hold its own against any modern version, but still - according to global firepower they have 76 of the suckers - the largest sub fleet in the world Global Firepower Total Submarine Strength
3) August 8, well, Trump drew his figurative line in the sand and NK responded by crossing it

I've been watching world tension ratcheting up for the last few years now and I think this issue with NK could be one of the catalysts to WWIII.

Maybe I'll get some of those freeze dried rations after all.
edit on 8-8-2017 by EarthPilgrim because: I had an extra "a" eh?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

New conspiracy theory?

Congress was worried that Trump would fire Mueller while they are on Summer vacation. But with Trump himself out of town for a couple of weeks, there's definitely something in the works. (IMO of course)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EarthPilgrim

War fixes economies.

Trump promised he would fix the economy.

So there...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
yeah it's a simple turn of the key and a push of a button and a bunch of people end,families,coworkers, the dog catcher,that guy you hated in the third grade,you.. all gone.we may be past the point of no return just accepting reality,I lived through the end of the Vietnam war and the cold war,this is the same old song and dance if war is coming then lets go full on and get it done once and for all,if this war happens it may be the last one.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In this 1999 interview with the great Tim Russert, Trump states that he would do a pre-emptive strike if negotiations failed.
He is asked what he would do as president and he says they have to stop him before he gets the missiles and threatens and points them at the U.S.

This video is a must-see! He talks about what he would do as president as he was considering a run and had just left the republican party and was joining the Reform Party.

Every question he answers on the issues of what he would do as president is happening now. Trump has the same opinions and used the exact same terms as now. It's uncanny how much he got right. He said the nuclear threat is the most important issue facing the world.

He mentions his professor Uncle John Trump who told him someday a suitcase bomb could be set off in Manhattan and destroy 200 miles around at the end of the video. Very interesting man Prof. John Trump. He told him that in 1979.

His view on what he would do about the North Korea threat at 8:25

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hmmm. Tactical nuke on Guam, means death for nk. Not to mention I don't see it happen, no general would broadcast strategy to the news it's a bluff. Now subs off the west and east coast capable of launching Icbms or smuggling nuke bombs into major cities undetected more like a preemptive strike... meh this is all bull crap. Nuke on Guam will be one of the biggest military blunders ever. Don't worry about Guam.. worry about emp's or smuggled nukes going off in cities. If we have to hesitate to figure out where we got nuked from or nuke the wrong country nk wins....

Trump being trump with comments like the title says..
edit on 8-8-2017 by Bicent because: Relevance

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join