It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlike the hollow US threats. NK always does what it says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
They will nuke the US. They have told us this all along. It's coming. We sit here and none realize they have warned us forever. They do what they say. It may take them time but they follow through. We should understand that they are going to use their nukes.

We can keep talking and respond after city or cities are vaporized or stop them now at the last minuet.

Historians will say, they told the world but none listened.
edit on 8-8-2017 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2017 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Actually North Korea's real goal is this: To use its nuclear weapons to blackmail South Korea to surrender and submit to Fat Boy's rule and for US troops to withdraw.

From Fat Boy's logic, he knows that the US won't interfere should he invade South Korea because the US won't sacrifice the West Coast for Seoul.

And having a regressive leftist SJW as president in South Korea will make it easier for the North to invade.
edit on 8/8/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Nice fear mongering

NK does not have the guidance tech to hit an American target with a nuke. Period.

We have so many countermeasures between them and us, any launch wouldn't make it 50 miles before it was intercepted.

But keep feeding the fear, it does seem to be working.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

You do realize how many US troops are in SK right?
edit on 8-8-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

“But acceptance, while the right choice, is yet another bad one. With such missiles, Kim might feel emboldened to move on South Korea. Would the U.S. sacrifice Los Angeles to save Seoul? The same calculation drove the U.K. and France to develop their own nuclear weapons during the Cold War. Trump has already suggested that South Korea and Japan might want to consider building nuclear programs. In this way, acceptance could lead to more nuclear-armed states and ever greater chances that one will use the weapons.

With his arsenal, Kim may well become an even more destabilizing force in the region. There is a good chance that he would try to negotiate from strength with Seoul and Washington, forging some kind of confederation with the South that leads to the removal of U.S. forces from the peninsula. If talks were to resume, Trump had better enter them with his eyes open, because Kim, who sees himself as the divinely inspired heir to leadership of all the Korean people, is not likely to be satisfied with only his half of the peninsula.”

www.theatlantic.com...
edit on 8/8/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well I'm not worried either way. The Pentagon has plan A, B, and C already out for such a scenario. You underestimate the capabilities of the US military at 100% strength and full spectrum operations.
edit on 8-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
NK is fear mongerin. I am pointing out the Fact NK keeps telling us they are going to nuke the US.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

They sell that stuff at radio shack.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Nice fear mongering

NK does not have the guidance tech to hit an American target with a nuke. Period.

We have so many countermeasures between them and us, any launch wouldn't make it 50 miles before it was intercepted.

But keep feeding the fear, it does seem to be working.

Oh yes they do...
Thank you Bill...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
HAH! NK always does what it says? They've been threatening and sabre rattling for DECADES. This was a joke though.. right?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

They will nuke the US.

No source? No evidence other than what they've said?

Two nukes have been used in over 70 years. And there have been many countries in conflicts way larger than this one.

MAD doesn't even apply hear. They might be able to hit Hawaii, that doesn't destroy the US. The only thing guaranteed here is the assured destruction of North Korea if they use one.

They use things like this as bargaining chips and leverage. And no, they don't always do what they say. They've been saying they'll attack us for decades.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Stop them how? Show me a scenario that won't wind up with the U.S at war with China......and Russia and every other little tin pot dictator that wants to take a shot at us. China will defend NK, to keep America away from their border. Mattis already said that a ground war with NK will be long, bloody and costly in American lives, so the only quick alternative is nukes.
So, what plan do we follow? Nuke'em and start WW3 ourselves....or try to get China to put Lil'Kim on a short leash? That 2nd one may be a bit hard to take, but it doesn't end up with hundreds of millions dead and half the planet radioactive.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Right--they ALWAYS make good on their threats. *eyeroll*

BBC

North Korea has frequently employed bellicose rhetoric towards its perceived enemies.

In 1994 South Koreans stocked up on essentials in panic after a threat by a North Korean negotiator to turn Seoul into "a sea of fire" - one which has been repeated several times since.

After US President George W Bush labelled it part of the "axis of evil" in 2002, Pyongyang said it would "mercilessly wipe out the aggressors".

In June 2012 the army warned that artillery was aimed at seven South Korean media groups and threatened a "merciless sacred war".

There is also a pattern of escalating threats whenever South Korea gets a new leader, with misogynist rhetoric directed at South Korea's first female President Park Geun-hye after she was elected in 2013.

Now, like you, the linked article (from two years ago) does discuss the realistic concerns behind NK's threats of nuclear war, I must call you out on your hyperbole in your title and OP.

They do what they say. It may take them time but they follow through. We should understand that they are going to use their nukes.

Right, if you say so. Keep in mind that, if they do, their country will be glowing green (as taken from the ISS at night...they'll finally have lights!) if that is the avenue that they persue. While the Kim family is full of crazed psychopaths, I don't think that they'd go that far.

But maybe...who knows. That's the thing about the future: No one can predict anything with certainty, even in an ATS thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Right--they ALWAYS make good on their threats. *eyeroll*

BBC

North Korea has frequently employed bellicose rhetoric towards its perceived enemies.

In 1994 South Koreans stocked up on essentials in panic after a threat by a North Korean negotiator to turn Seoul into "a sea of fire" - one which has been repeated several times since.

After US President George W Bush labelled it part of the "axis of evil" in 2002, Pyongyang said it would "mercilessly wipe out the aggressors".

In June 2012 the army warned that artillery was aimed at seven South Korean media groups and threatened a "merciless sacred war".

There is also a pattern of escalating threats whenever South Korea gets a new leader, with misogynist rhetoric directed at South Korea's first female President Park Geun-hye after she was elected in 2013.

Now, like you, the linked article (from two years ago) does discuss the realistic concerns behind NK's threats of nuclear war, I must call you out on your hyperbole in your title and OP.

They do what they say. It may take them time but they follow through. We should understand that they are going to use their nukes.

Right, if you say so. Keep in mind that, if they do, their country will be glowing green (as taken from the ISS at night...they'll finally have lights!) if that is the avenue that they persue. While the Kim family is full of crazed psychopaths, I don't think that they'd go that far.

But maybe...who knows. That's the thing about the future: No one can predict anything with certainty, even in an ATS thread.

They have not had the means to live up to their threats. They do now. The threats they have made were made for the day they could actually make good on them. That day is here or just next week.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Example.

A North Korean submarine's torpedo sank a South Korean navy ship on 26 March causing the deaths of 46 sailors, an international report has found.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I hope that you see my point, though: Your OP is full of alarmist hyperbole that is not backed by actual reality, and some of it is actually disproven by reality.

As for the future, we'll just wait and see, but I'm going on with my daily life today and next week, as I always do, without concern for Kim Jong Un's miniature warhead--I'm thinking that his mouth is overcompensating for the size of his nuke, so to speak (and I think Trump's response is in similar context).

In two weeks, would you like me to revisit your prediction and see how things are going? I'd be happy to, whether I'm correct or not.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I hope that you see my point, though: Your OP is full of alarmist hyperbole that is not backed by actual reality, and some of it is actually disproven by reality.

As for the future, we'll just wait and see, but I'm going on with my daily life today and next week, as I always do, without concern for Kim Jong Un's miniature warhead--I'm thinking that his mouth is overcompensating for the size of his nuke, so to speak (and I think Trump's response is in similar context).

In two weeks, would you like me to revisit your prediction and see how things are going? I'd be happy to, whether I'm correct or not.

We can hope you are right. I even understand your point but believe your point is naïve. I think now is our last opportunity to prevent an attack on US homeland by NK. Perhaps you are misinformed on reality of the situation at hand?

North Korea has said they will build nukes. CHECK
North Korea said they will build ICBM to reach US. CHECK
North Korea told SK they would sink their ship. CHECK
North Korea killed one of our young adults over stealing a sign...
North Korea said they will destroy and punish and whole lot of bad stuff....to be determined? You willing to see if they will follow through?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I am sure I am not the first to say this, but given what Trump has just said about "fire and fury the of the likes the word has never seen before"

I really hope you are right.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Willingness has nothing to do with it...if you are unwilling to see if NK will follow through with their nuclear threats, what are you going to do to change their actions?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join