It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Sees Drastic Climate Change Impact in U.S. Completely Conteradicts what trump says.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
16 superfreighter ships produce more emmisions than all of the cars in the world combined. They run on bunker oil with no emissions standards. These ships transport goods like solar panels, wind generators, batteries & other cheap goods from China, where there are little regulations regarding the manufacturing of these goods. The manufacturing/disposal processes of solar panels & batteries, imo, have a far worse impact on the environment than burning oil.

In order to use less oil, we should only buy products/goods made domestically & preferably locally.

Al Gore's Nashville home uses more electricity than 21 average American homes combined. That's just 1 out of 3 of his homes. I wonder how much fuel he burns flying in jets to fight climate change. People like Al Gore, as well as, the politicians & celebrities who support him are the biggest hypocrites on the planet. The only reason why people support these hypocrites is because of the brainwashing they received by the leftist: media, schools & universities.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Don't worry, it's a negative feedback system that will end up lowering temperatures and re-sequestering CO2 naturally over a long period of time.

It's called an Ice Age.

I think it's actually way too late to do much about it, I also don't think enough is known about the environment and how damaging it causes it to react because the system is just too huge for us to predict outcomes yet.

The Paris Climate Accords were about getting resources in place and taking action to reduce damage as much as possible because they have evidence that points toward the things mentioned above, but some people don't like paying insurance to protect their planet and want to pretend nothing could possibly go wrong, and believe some amazingly powerful entity will pop out of an Emperor Penguin's butt-hole and save us from ourselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We are already changing the climate unintentionally. We already have changed the topography, coastlines, ect..

To say we cannot do anything about the changes we have caused is lazy rational.

I have never mentioned a carbon tax, nor do I think it will fix anything. We need an intellectual revolution not more taxes.b

You're still missing the point! I'm not suggesting, even for a moment, that mankind should not try to be responsible about the environment. Erosion, for example (which you cite) is something man can do something about, BUT...it should not be confused with 'climate change'. They're not the same thing. Preventing littering (for the sake of not living in a garbage heap), clean water (for the sake of clean water), air pollution (for the sake of clean air, NOT climate change) are all noble goals. These are all things man can do something about also, but we should never let the puppet-masters twist these things into the context of 'climate change', because they're not!

And, you see, this once again, is the point; people are being egregiously manipulated by leaders throwing around the 'Climate Change' moniker for all the wrong reasons. To say man can do nothing to make the world a better place is what is (to use your word) lazy, but putting into the context of some ominous global crisis like climate change is a ruse! Nothing more. It is a fraudulent attempt to make the problem seem bigger than it really is, to make it seem unsolvable by individual measure, and to leave no other solution but punitive measures (such as taxes) to penalize the world into solving a crisis which doesn't exist!

No, you didn't say anything about taxes, but this is what the champions hypocrites of climate change like Al Gore are spouting non-stop. You didn't say anything about taxes, but this is what the liberal community stands behind because it funds endless academic grants for endless studies, 90% of which are either redundant, otherwise common sense or simply not required. In other words, it's free money...in a world where nothing is free! Somebody has to pay.

Al Gore's carbon tax plan alone totals in excess of $14 TRILLION dollars...TRILLION! That's more than the national debt of most developed countries on planet Earth! Tell me it's not about taxes!

Being responsible is one thing, but allowing some government, any government, to solve the problem through punitive measures such as taxes (for their own personal gain) is criminal! And, it's the greatest fraudulent hoax ever perpetuated on the human race!

That's the point.

edit on 8/9/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The point you missed is CO2 levels are a problem,, we can do something about this.

You attack me like I am some dumb sheep, when I actually studied this over a decade ago.

You are completely off the rocker when you obfuscate and rant who this about taxes.

Man made climate is real whether you believe it or not. My generation understands it, hopefully we can do somethimg about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

That is false about the super freighters. Cars produce much more CO2 than all the world's freighters.

In fact, freighter emissions are believe to contribute to dimming/cooling because their exhaust is high in soot and sulphur.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

It is cute that the science denying crowds uses names like chicken littles, fear mongerors, or cult followers when the sad reality is the ones who won't accept the science due to clever campaigns of doubt and disinfo or the ones behaving in cult like fashion.

Very funny, your description fit perfectly with the cult like fraudulent scam you're promoting in the first place!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Fools
Look at the anomaly for this summer:

arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu...

Why is NASA ignoring this? I mean the animation you show is no where near close to reality.

Uh pretty sure that completely straight line vertical then horizontal means whatever this image is getting its information from is broken.

I mean that's kind of obvious, aside from actual photos all through the last week in this thread show vastly different sea ice coverage than what that website claims.

Sorry but your source is, quite literally, broken.

I believe you are correct. I have looked at the site I have used for years. It indeed seems broken. I will edit my previous posts.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

So you are telling me the world's scientist are in on a conspiracy, and a handful of billionaires and fossil fuel conglomerates have brought the conspiracy(or scam)to light?

Keep drinking that kool aide dude.

I do not understand how so many can ignore the smoking gun of fast rising CO2 levels, and pretend a) it is no big deal or b) there is nothing we can do about it.

edit on 9-8-2017 by jrod because: Cant type rite

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join