It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump still has not condemned the Minnesota mosque bombing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Yes, APPARENTLY it is all about feelings.

Feelings of FEAR.

Because if had been a Muslim bombing a Christian church you'd be upset if Trump stayed quiet.

There seems to be a double standard going on with Domestic terrorism in the USA.
edit on 8-8-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
WELL, I don't know exactly what to say about THIS.

But all terrorism SUX.

AND, I do KNOW, BB code is fun

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Terrorism against Muslims is okay in the eyes of many right wingers. Apparently including the US President.

Just like terrorism against Christians by Muslims is okay with the Leftists?
Get #ing real....you win the dumb comment of the month award.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Indeed.

He should have came out and called it "work place violence" right away.

That way nobody would have reason to complain.

At least he said something, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: GuidedKill

Yes, APPARENTLY it is all about feelings.

Feelings of FEAR.

Because if had been a Muslim bombing a Christian church you'd be upset if Trump stayed quiet.

There seems to be a double standard going on with Domestic terrorism in the USA.

Actually I wouldn't....I'm a atheist....You can get rid of ALL churches as far as I'm concerned....

But thanks for playing the "I know all about you" game!!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

More telling is that not only has Trump not condemned the bombing but from what I can discern neither has anyone in the the administration. One would think that at least a perfunctory statement of concern would be the prudent thing to do.

The only thing I could find, other that a list of people quesioning the silence was one statement from Homeland Security.
www.dhs.gov...

WASHINGTON— Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Elaine Duke is aware of the explosion today at a mosque in Bloomington, Minn. We are in close contact with federal, state and local authorities and local community leaders as the investigation into this matter continues. The Department of Homeland Security fully supports the rights of all to freely and safely worship the faith of their choosing and we vigorously condemn such attacks on any religious institution. We are thankful that there were no injuries, but that does not diminish the serious nature of this act.

Oh, wait, there is the perfunctory statement. All is well.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Indeed.

He should have came out and called it "work place violence" right away.

That way nobody would have reason to complain.

At least he said something, right?

That's actually good idea...Label it all "work place violence" and the left should be ok with it....

Right??? You guys would be ok with it then???

P.S. to be honest, if you practice a religion who is so bent on the destruction of other religions and you get killed in that crusade, isn't it really kind of just work place violence...I mean you chose to attend a church who preaches violence...Should you really be that surprised when violence is bestowed upon you?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
But if an anarchist lights a dumpster on fire it's a domestic terror attack and we'd be ten pages in with the NRA PSA posted several times.

We'd be 20 pages in and screaming about travel bans and immigration if a Muslim was driving a van.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: intrptr

Tough on terrorism means tough on terrorism...

Right? Should it matter who's doing it though?

No it shouldn't, however firemen put out the bigger fires first....

When domestic terrorism reaches the level of terror that have been committed in the name of Islam, then maybe I can see the need for apologies from our Commander in Chief over these isolated incidents...

Domestic terrorism is part of Global terrorism, unless some of you think America is literally not let of the rest of the globe.

Terrorism against or in the name of any religion or political belief system or what have you is never okay and should be condemned equally.

I agree with this 100%.

For the record, I hope they get the cowardly people that did this.

However, this incident resulted in no injuries or deaths. As sad as it is, the more people injured or killed, the more it gets on peoples radars.

There are buildings fire bombed or lit on fire all of the time by criminals. Should I get out my local paper and get angry every time the president doesn't condemn one of these attacks?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

No terrorism is okay with me. I have no issues with Christians... just hypocrites.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

But if an anarchist lights a dumpster on fire it's a domestic terror attack and we'd be ten pages in with the NRA PSA posted several times.

We'd be 20 pages in and screaming about travel bans and immigration if a Muslim was driving a van.

Keep in mind that no one was hurt in this incident.

No one calls an anarchist lighting a fire terrorism. When they beat people, shut down a city, and caus millions of dollars of damage then it may be called that.

But I can play the same game as you.

You don't care about the people hurt by antifa, or those killed by Muslim terrorists or you wouldn't be trivializing those victims by using it in a mocking manner about this incident with not one person even hurt.

edit on 8-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't think anyone here encourages this type of behavior and I like you hope they catch the arsehole who did this...

However the OP getting all hurt because "not his president" hasn't come out condemning the bombing is a little ridiculous....I really hope Trump labels this as work place violence just to see the left's head spin!!! If the Fort Hood attack was work place violence, surely this is too!!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Uh oh the Washington Post and other virtue-signallers are finger-wagging. Better say something Trump, or the puritans will shame you.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Oh bull.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sounds like you're reaching hard to try to make a point and point that is not applicable have a great day Kelly.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No terrorism is okay with me. I have no issues with Christians... just hypocrites.

But yet you will say that Trump supporters and Trump himself, condone violence against Muslims?
That is delusional, but then I really don't expect much more from Leftists.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Please stop pretending it's not standard fare around here.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland
Meh

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
white people always using the race, religion, gender, sexual preference or whatever to attack other white people for their own gain, no wonder all sides call us racists, bigots, sexists or whatever all the time.

step back a bit and look at how bigoted and intolerant it makes you look, looking at people as tools for your own self interests ...
why can't people just accept that they are just as bad of a person as everyone else, instead of pretending to be some enlightened person who understands everything and everyone?

cause guess what? bad stuff happens all the time and most of the time nobody gives a damn, even me and even you, people only ever care if it makes them fit in or suits an ambition they have or if it involves them somehow.

i personally never heard about this bombing to be honest... or remember it anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

The federal Department of Homeland Security Saturday issued a statement on the explosive attack on the Dar Al Farooq Islamic Center in Bloomington.

Here is the entire statement:

DHS STATEMENT ON EXPLOSION AT MINNESOTA MOSQUE

WASHINGTON — Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Elaine Duke is aware of the explosion today at a mosque in Bloomington, Minn. We are in close contact with federal, state and local authorities and local community leaders as the investigation into this matter continues. The Department of Homeland Security fully supports the rights of all to freely and safely worship the faith of their choosing and we vigorously condemn such attacks on any religious institution. We are thankful there were no injuries, but that does not diminish the serious nature of this act.

www.twincities.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join