It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escaped inmate Brandon Powell accused of Rape found dead in Ohio home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This happened last month. Apparently, Brandon Powell escaped custody but DID NOT kill the officer. However, his wanted ad in OHIO was on facebook, and other media outlets as well. It was believed that he responded to his facebook wanted ad and told everyone that truth was going to come out. Everything was alleged and nothing was proven.

However, I think if he was guilty he probably would killed the officer. From what I read on the internet, the person who accused him has ties to the police officers or is a friend of the family, or a member of the family. I can't remember but if anyone has more better details than please share. Brandon has maintained his innocence and felt that he was wrongly accused. I can't remember where I saw that.

www.msn.com...
edit on 8-8-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

My inlaws live in that area and all have been terrified for a week or more with this clown running amok.

Glad hes finally accounted for.

Its all flat farmland out there. No idea how it took authorities this long to round him up.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Brandon thinks he was allegedly accused of the crime and felt some of the officers were involved. I can't remember where I saw that. But anyways, he was found in his home in the basement crawl space.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this up on ATS, smells like a conspiracy, tastes like one to

I'm unsure of the recently deceased's true crimes, if any, but I hope this is investigated by an unbiased body at the very least.

Probably figured "nobody is gonna miss a 'rapist' "...

We'll probably never know, the victor gets to wright history.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It would be interesting to know what it was that earned him the ire of law enforcement. Assuming he really was innocent, of course. What truth was being hidden, I wonder?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
He claimed he was falsely accused or was setup. I can't remember.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Just seems like more and more people are winding up dead lately. And it seems more and more connected with every new story, somehow. Just a feeling, nothing more...but a nagging one. Maybe it's time to take a tumble down another rabbit hole...maybe they all converge down there somewhere in the dark.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical1972
Brandon thinks he was allegedly accused of the crime and felt some of the officers were involved. I can't remember where I saw that. But anyways, he was found in his home in the basement crawl space.

Sorry, should read the link before I sound off. He shot himself.

He 'stole a gun' from a deputy and escaped prison. If he was not guilty of a crime before that...
edit on 8-8-2017 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's what they are saying... ;p

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Big holes in that article.

'Police' found him dead in the basement crawlspace in the family home 'after' a four day manhunt."

Usually a 'manhunt' involves active searching, not just a BOLO. Where else were they looking all that time?

IMO, if he was innocent of rape, the last thing he would want to do is attack a deputy, crash a van, handcuff the deputy and steal his gun, then go home. The first place police will look(?)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
yep, I smell a setup. ;p

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

'Police' found him dead in the basement crawlspace in the family home 'after' a four day manhunt."

Usually a 'manhunt' involves active searching, not just a BOLO. Where else were they looking all that time?

IMO, if he was innocent of rape, the last thing he would want to do is attack a deputy, crash a van, handcuff the deputy and steal his gun, then go home. The first place police will look(?)

But it must not have been the first place they looked... if it took 4 days to find him. Hmmmm.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
everyone in jail is innocent, just ask them they will tell you. if he was innocent then he was a fool for stealing a deputies gun and escaping from jail. do innocent people normally kill themselves after escaping from jail?
I don`t know anything about this case but it sure looks like this guy was guilty as hell and didn`t want to pay the consequences of his actions.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

It was longer than 4 days, he escaped last month at the beginning of July. They just found him yesterday.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: intrptr

But it must not have been the first place they looked... if it took 4 days to find him. Hmmmm.

You know how 'they' always say, 'don't go home'? Theres a reason for that. The first place people think is I have to go home to get (xyz) which is why the first action of the man hunt is to stake out familiar territory, like home.

Edit: Double, DOUBLE-Especially in a case where the escaped felon has attacked an officer and stolen their gun. The most highest priority type of manhunt.

As soon as the report of the escape came over the radio, the shift supervisor said... get someone over to stakeout his parents house. Whereby, they catch him, kill him, stuff him where nobody will find him and then wait four days for the stink to alert family members.

Ohhh, looky what we found.

(of course its only conjecture)

edit on 9-8-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical1972

It was longer than 4 days, he escaped last month at the beginning of July. They just found him yesterday.

Oh, thanks. Then how come the stink from decay didn't alert whomever else lived in that house? That takes about three days.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Maybe he was kept in the freezer until they wanted him to be found.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Be interesting to know more details, like who discovered the body initially. Was it family who then called the police?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I've been looking, but can't find anything.

new topics

top topics

join