It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof Jesus Christ is God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

Point #1 you made you stole directly from Louis CK's last standup routine titled 2017. Way to steal material buddy, and you offered absolutely zero proof of jesus is god.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mytquin

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: mytquin

John 10:30 (Aramaic Scripture) "I and my Father are one"

One essence... not once and the same...

When two people are married they become one... Do they suddenly become the same person?

Sounds like he did in fact claim to be God.
Not only that but in Hebrews 1:8 God himself calls Jesus God.
Check it out for yourself.

there isn't a single word in "Hebrews" that came from Jesus... said book is strictly the words of the author

SO... no he didn't claim to be God

and in fact HE said that he has a God

God doesn't have his own God

You can spin it any way you like.
But Jesus compared himself to his Father many times and " in essence'" did claim to be God.

If you have been a Christian for any amount of time you will learn very quickly that Jesus is in fact God in the flesh. He is the Milta or manifestation of God...is God.

Ya i know the dogma, i was "christian" most of my life...

and no he did not once claim to be God.... the narrator of john made that claim... and other such claims can only be found in Johns book... none of the synoptic books make such a claim..

And Jesus debunks any idea of him being equal with God three times in John... and straight out denies it in one case

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

youtu.be...

Sounds exactly like point 1 stole from Louis
edit on 8-8-2017 by norhoc because: embed link did not work

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mytquin

John 10:30 (Aramaic Scripture) "I and my Father are one"

One essence... not once and the same...

When two people are married they become one... Do they suddenly become the same person?

Sounds like he did in fact claim to be God.
Not only that but in Hebrews 1:8 God himself calls Jesus God.
Check it out for yourself.

there isn't a single word in "Hebrews" that came from Jesus... said book is strictly the words of the author

SO... no he didn't claim to be God

and in fact HE said that he has a God

God doesn't have his own God

You can spin it any way you like.
But Jesus compared himself to his Father many times and " in essence'" did claim to be God.

If you have been a Christian for any amount of time you will learn very quickly that Jesus is in fact God in the flesh. He is the Milta or manifestation of God...is God.

Ya i know the dogma, i was "christian" most of my life...

and no he did not once claim to be God.... the narrator of john made that claim... and other such claims can only be found in Johns book... none of the synoptic books make such a claim..

And Jesus debunks any idea of him being equal with God three times in John... and straight out denies it in one case

“Before Abraham was, I AM” (John 8:58).

Oh, wait, I'm quoting John again...I guess he's not as revelant as the other authors of the Bible because...well, he's John...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Which is a claim of his pre-existence...

not a claim of being God...

i know all the silly arguments, don't waste your time

edit on 8-8-2017 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

originally posted by: intrptr

Jesus is no more God than you are your father.

Hey hey,

The OP could be the real life character that the movie Predestination with Ethan Hawke was about.

So they could be their .... um I wont say anymore, just in case I spoil something for someone.

The OP is as human as the rest of us. Haven't seen that Hollywood film.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Which is a claim of his pre-existence...

not a claim of being God...

i know all the silly arguments, don't waste your time

Hmm...that phrase, "I AM",... Where have I heard that before??? Seems like someone else claimed to be the great "I AM"

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

He didn't claim to be "the great I AM" as you put it....

like i said its a claim of his pre-existence

Before abraham was I AM... he was the essence of God...

not God in the flesh... the trinity is a lie

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

He didn't claim to be "the great I AM" as you put it....

like i said its a claim of his pre-existence

Before abraham was I AM... he was the essence of God...

not God in the flesh... the trinity is a lie

Prove the Trinity is a lie...this should be fun!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm Sedgewick!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Sure...

1.. the word doesn't exist in the book... period

2.. none of the apostles ever heard of a triune God...

3... neither did Jesus

4... Theres two passages that use the trinitarian formula... both are well known additions to the text

5... the johannie Comma 1 john 5:7... well known addition to the text

6.. Matthew 28:19... known as the great commsion.... Baptize in the name of the Father son HS

The commandment No One Followed

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I personally like Matttai, or Matthew 3:16,17 (again from the Ancient Aramaic scriptures)

Then as Eashoa (Jesus) was baptized, at once he rose out of the water, and the heavens (sky) were opened to him and he saw the Spirit of Allaha descending as a dove and settled upon him. And, behold, the voice from heaven that said, "This is my beloved Son, by whom I am fulfilled!"

This scripture gives us a clear clue as to the Trinity.
You have Jesus being baptized, you have the Spirit of God descending upon Jesus and you have the voice of God from heaven speaking about Jesus who happens to be on Earth. The three in unity.
Pretty cool, huh?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
C'mon, a light just came on in your head, didn't it?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

You use that word "proof" but I don't think it means what you think it means.

Proof:
1 : the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact

2 : the process or an instance of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning

3 : something that induces certainty or establishes validity

I think that the OP's concept of 'proof' is adequate.

I think that you are defining 'proof' as something that is undeniable, which has more to do with your acceptance of proof.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It was claimed to be absolute proof, it is not. QED it is not adequate.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Where does it say the Holy spirit, or Jesus is equal to the Father in that passage?

it doesn't...

though it is pretty neat how Christians have had two thousand years to find anything in the bible to prove a trinity, and prophecies about Jesus coming which are mostly bunk as well

trinity = three beings that are co equal, which is not found anywhere in the bible

trinity = dogma

Hardly... lol

edit on 8-8-2017 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Where does it say the Holy spirit, or Jesus is equal to the Father in that passage?

it doesn't...

though it is pretty neat how Christians have had two thousand years to find anything in the bible to prove a trinity, and prophecies about Jesus coming which are mostly bunk as well

trinity = three beings that are co equal, which is not found anywhere in the bible

trinity = dogma

Hardly... lol

If you actually read what this scripture says instead of just seeing the words, you can plainly discern when God says "This is my Son, in whom I am FULFILLED.". Fulfilled being the clue.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

look brother... I've been studying these things for 16 some odd years...

early Christianty has been a hobby of mine for a loong time... i've read every book in the bible many times

And i've read the gospels and continue to do so more times then i can count

Don't tell me to research or study what i've been researching and studying for all these years

the trinity is dogma... false teaching

But you are welcome to believe whatever makes you feel all fuzzy inside, regardless of the truth of the matter

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

If God wanted to say the trinity of "coequal beings" was real, why wouldn't He just say it outright? Why the vague words that require a specific interpretation? The Bible is really long and it has books that were supposedly written across 2 millenia, so it's not like there weren't ample opportunities to just say it directly.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Ok, I'll leave you alone...even though you had a weak attempt at proving the Trinity is false.
I have been studying the scriptures for a few years as well. Every time I start over reading the Bible, I catch something that blows me away...like this...

Did you know that God created light BEFORE he created the Sun or any sun or anything that we think of as giving us our light? Dude...my mind is blown!!!

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join