It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lex Luthor`s plan for San Andreas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Ok,with all the superhero movies out now a old one came up at work the other night.Remember the old Superman movie where Lex stole a nuke and blew it up in the San Andreas fault? Now if North Korea took a sub and detonated one offshore near the fault what kind of damage would it be ?Could it trigger a major quake? None of us thinks it`s likely at all,but speculation ranged from not much to setting off volcanic activity along the ring of fire,earthquakes,tsunamis,and even Yellowstone erupting.Me,I think the most would be a mild quake and some radioactive water-already there from Fukashima.What do you guys think? Also I doubt Nk could manage to get one close anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

The atomic weapons they have are the simpler fission bombs and not a fusion (hydrogen) device.

And even if they did cause an earthquake Superman could fly around the earth so fast as to make us go back in time and nullify the event.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I think that it is highly unlikely that the North Koreans have enough data on the fault itself, to establish where the best place to plant the bomb would be.

My understanding is that wherever that location would be, it would probably be quite some depth down, under the surface, in order to cause the maximum possible damage.

A surface or sea detonation would do two parts of sod all as far as I can make out. Don't forget, undersea nuclear detonations waste HUGE amounts of their potential as a weapon, in boiling off vast amounts of water. They would be better off trying to strike a population center from their sub, using a launcher, than detonating one under the sea.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit Pretty much what we all thought,had a fun discussion at work.I can just see Kim-o watching that old movie and telling his Admirals to make it happen,lmao.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I always had a problem with the premiss that Lex Luthor could initiate a major earth quake with a single nuclear blast. I would think more likely to occur if you flooded as much of the fault as possible as deep as possible to lubricate the fault and let nature take it's course. Maybe bore a clandestine tunnel to the bay.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Russia has a viable war plan they sold to china to do just that.

Its a possible attack contingency. Ground penetrating satan 2 nuke.

Thats why some seismic data isnt shared without doctoring.

You cant let them get better information on where it would be most effective to strike

edit on 8 8 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join