It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compassion for Fellow ATSers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

How do you know it's fake and they're not actually looking for a fight? It's still a "persona" as in: no one can use it to say that the personas they create elsewhere have to be oriented the same, but you don't know if something is fake unless you know. It's easy to just call something fake. I'm also not referring to an "internet" fight. because if someone wants a fight fight you can guarantee they'll get bored of words. And then you can say : "it proves it see they didn't have an 'argument'..haha...

I wonder where the need to accuse someone of being fake comes from instead of just banning them.

But that's in reference bullies, you should know when you see them and not people asking for help. If the site doesn't want bullies (not trolls) it should let them know, and if the site doesn't want mentally ill folks then people should step in and tell people so that they stop trolling. Schizos are not that hard to spot and it's not worth belaboring imo. There is too much soft trolling going on to where people are 'completely sure.'

Although that's in a perfect world where evewy-boby has time to step up and love and care and field manage 4 u folkys..

edit on 8-8-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2017 by mericks74 because: Post cut my words short

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Kalixi

I feel you going to the next thread and condescending "them" is much worse. If I am off track I want to know.

I hope I don't come across as condescending in this OP, not my intention at all. I haven't linked the thread or alluded to it to protect the member/s involved. I'm writing this as a general post.

And I get how people can write things that come across as sarcastic or nasty when they are in fact not intended so. I'm guilty of coming across as an ahole moreso than most people

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi
I think it's a case by case basis. Occasionally we get people with obvious psychological problems... I always feel terrified knowing that people here will drive them further into delusion. But you have to understand our history here. You're not so new but we've had many many crazies here, and no matter how many people tell them to "get help" "see a psychologist" I have not once seen anyone take that to heart.

Feeling persecuted/not believed has the effect of deepening belief. Hence why cults create persecution myths.

And on the other hand we have had far more bull#ters than disordered persons, so we tend to default to sarcasm. But that's on top of the world in general becoming less caring (look at the mud pit for example)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join