It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I make a big distinction between gay and transgender, A big one.
You predicted that more people would become gay because they are allowed to marry?

Or, as common sense would predict that more gay people are coming out and get married because they don't get slaughtered for being gay. I know a lot of gay people for many years and trust me they are as gay as gay can be and they are happily married, one couple for almost 20 years. You can't act that long for lolz. They are also quite boring, wearing cardigans and don't ponce about in silver shorts. They are just normal professionals [GP/CEO etc] who happen to be gay.

Now as for the transgender malarkey, I am with you.
I know that there is a mental illness called body dysmorphia and it can affect any part of the body. Some very beautiful people believe 100% that they are hideous monsters, others hack their own limbs of because they feel like alien appendages and others believe they are the opposite sex to a degree of self mutilation.

The difference between gay and trans is simple. One doesn't harm anyone around them and life goes on [sometimes quite conservatively] with gay people around. The other one causes the persons to do crazy things to their bodies, involving dangerous operations which often don't make these people happy.

That is why I am fully on the gay side but have reservations about the trans-community.

I know most trans people that they really believe what they believe, but so do those that hack their own limbs off. There are even scientific explanations for it. [If the brain is underdeveloped in the part which represents the limb, it will feel alien to the person].
It is still an illness though that leads sufferers to self mutilation. Gay people don't have that problem.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

You are claiming that a change in the law has changed people's sexual orientation based on one poll?

Astounding.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Then take up the slack and procreate to your heart's content. I have 2 kids, and I'm not having any more, 2 is plenty. Both in terms of money and my sanity.
Other people only want one, or a dozen, or none. Whining about population numbers isn't going to make me untie the tubes and have any more kids any more than it's going to make the child-free crowd suddenly start popping them out. The choice is not up to you what others do. Do your own Duggar brood yourself and cram it.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Why don't you tell me more about how I really feel?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I've got four. I'm doing my part.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I've got four. I'm doing my part.

Don't let her out of bed until you have 30. THEN you can claim you did your part to offset population decline.

Edit: I'm being sarcastic. Get the hell off her, she might thank you.
edit on 8/8/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

You predicted that more people would become gay because they are allowed to marry?

No, I predicted many would make the choice to live that lifestyle if it was normalized. People who otherwise wouldn't have even thought about it.

I can't make this distinction enough it seems.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

She wants more! I told her hell no!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

And straight couples with college degrees are threatening the western way of life... Even though getting a college degree is part of the western way of life (approx 40% of working-aged Americans have some type of college degree). How do you resolve that conundrum?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

She wants more! I told her hell no!

Expensive, your 4 are, aren't they? And time-consuming the more you make, huh?

Now you know why many settle for none, or just one or two. If you're not up for having more, then you have no place telling others they should have kids when they don't want to in the first place.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

Tell yourselves whatever stories make you happy, but realize those stories don't change the reality of the population arguments.

Which population argument? That people are supposedly "selfish" for not having kids? Or that people should stop having so many kids because of overpopulation? The "population arguments" are contradictory.

However, I should probably add that my own Muslim demographic has some pretty high fertility rates globally
. So you don't have to worry about us. But judging by this other thread of yours (HERE), I'd think you'd be happy with my position in this thread. So which one is it, more kids or no?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Hecate666

No, I predicted many would make the choice to live that lifestyle if it was normalized. People who otherwise wouldn't have even thought about it.

I can't make this distinction enough it seems.

I am wondering how gays would be treated in your perfect world. Bullied? Beaten? Fired from jobs? Refused housing? Put in jail? Hated? Treated like freaks?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Well, that's not quite true, the stat is WOMEN with college degrees have fewer children. But that doesn't hold a candle (per household) to LGBT. But yes it's a big problem.

Women with a 4-yr degree or higher had 1.7 children each (avg)
LGBT households have 1.25 children (avg)

So while that is definitely something that needs to be addressed (maybe Luxembourg style tax credits are in order) its still not even close to the largest hole in the ship.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Their sexuality would be ignored (just like most everyone's is). No marriage, but civil unions (compassion but not normalization). Accurately (as percentage of population) portrayed in media. Not taught about in school (maybe some mentions in high school and anti-bullying campaigns).

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

How about more taxes credits for women AND LGBT households having kids? No, it would be much more fun crapping on gay people and treating them like freaks.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I've only presented one population argument. The rest is a straw man.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

...Do you really not see the problem with that post... it's so glaringly obvious LOL!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Nah, they're not expensive. They're just a handful! Wouldn't trade them for the world though! Makes life much more fulfilling and honestly makes it really easy to recommend everyone have at least two. Life is much better with children than without.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

And here we go, back to your original argument - making same-sex marriage legal makes more people want to be gay. And gay is bad.

You're wrong on both counts.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Not marriage itself, but normalization. And for the future of the western world, yes it's (normalization) bad.
edit on 8-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join