It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Ha, your link says the exact same thing I said about stigma still being an issue with the older crowd.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

If people were simply more open to identifying now that it's become normalized, we would see gains across generations.

due to a lifetime of abuse, the slightly older queers such as myself have been conditioned to lay low when douchebags like yourself speak up.

on the other hand, i have been so pleased to witness the younger 'glee' generation grow up as whole (not fragmented) persons whom have no difficulty at all with telling douchebags like yourself that they are douchebags (like yourself).

i think it is therein that you will find your marked increase among the millennials, douchebag.

good for them.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TiggersTheMan

You can't have it both ways, you can't say there are tons of unadopted kids and that people don't care if they have adopted kids or their own.

As for Hispanics and Asians, if I didn't like that they were out producing whites I'd be pushing this LGBT stuff as it would result in their having fewer children. I'm arguing the opposite, sorry Mr racist.

Finally I provided evidence that people are choosing to be LGBT. My own decisions are irrelevant. You're pretty bad at this whole debate thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

LOL wow. Not only are you scared in the most open that society has ever been, but you only have ad hominem arguments, failed statistics, and have poor reading comprehension. These are hallmark of leftism. You're like the poster child of leftism!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Finally I provided evidence that people are choosing to be LGBT. My own decisions are irrelevant. You're pretty bad at this whole debate thing.

You have provided zero evidence. Your own source disagrees with you on interpreting their data.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Apologies. I edited with my thoughts addressing the debunking.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You're right, it does, but it doesn't add up. Especially Gen xers.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

You're right, it does, but it doesn't add up. Especially Gen xers.

Ha ha! Here's my source and I don't agree with it. That's hilarious.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

If you actually read it, it says "stigma may account..." so it's not a conclusion that can be drawn with any certainty. But if you disagree with my analysis, feel free to point out my error. I'll gladly await your substantial response.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

That's what I think, too. Some people are just too nosy and controlling. There are simply more important things to worry about than who someone else is attracted to. This whole issue basically boils down to "I can't believe those adults are attracted to different people than who I think they should be attracted to". The only thing I've ever cared about is that the individuals are consenting.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I appreciate your more thoughtful analysis. We're just going to have to agree to disagree. I think normalization will increase the behavior, you don't. Can't get much more fundamental than that.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

If you actually read it, it says "stigma may account..." so it's not a conclusion that can be drawn with any certainty. But if you disagree with my analysis, feel free to point out my error. I'll gladly await your substantial response.

LOL Yet your own interpretation in the OP is based on assumptions. You said "should be" to back so many of your points, which is also "not a conclusion that can be drawn with any certainty".

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
More people who are LGBT now feel they can identify as such.

Excellent. Glad people feel society is letting them be themselves.

If it makes small minded bigots squirmy and uncomfortable as well, then that's just a bonus.
edit on 8-8-2017 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Seeing it is thought 10% of people are gay all you are showing is more people are coming out due to the acceptance of society not all gay folk come out hence still less then 10%.

That's exactly it. People of the Baby boom generation aren't comfortable with the world knowing that they're gay. Some are in positions where it's dangerous to their career or their well-being if they're known to be gay.

Most of the data I've seen is that it's about 1 in 10 (10%).

There were ancient societies where institutionalized homosexuality (male-male) was part of the culture - ancient Sparta was one. However, that wasn't what caused the collapse of Sparta and the male-male contact (including sex) that was so frequent in various Greek cultures didn't seem to turn everyone either Greek or gay.

link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

What would you expect to see in the statistics?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Can you point to an example of someone being fired since 2012 for simply being gay?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Another non-reader. What a surprise.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Tell yourselves whatever stories make you happy, but realize those stories don't change the reality of the population arguments.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

And you think your conclusion can be drawn with any certainty? I trust the polling experts who have been monitoring these situations for many years - More than I trust someone from the alt-right who obviously isn't too fond of gay people.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

Another non-reader. What a surprise.

Read and understood.

However your OP shows a complete failure to understand the figures and an inherent bias that an increasing number of people identifying as LGBT is a negative thing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join