It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Dfairlite

So I guess we shouldn't allow people to choose how they want to live their personal lives then if and when they actually have a choice that is????

I mean I wasn't even given a choice. I was just born straight. Lucky for me I agreed with it and wouldn't want it any other way.

But for anyone who actually can choose for themselves, should we force them to choose what they don't want???

The point isn't whether they should be allowed to choose or not. The point is that the whole argument for lgbt all along was that there is no choice to be made - its the way they were born. Now we see that in fact is not the case for a great many of the people claiming to be lgbt.

This generation is so twisted and without identity its sickening. The idea of being manly is long forgotten. Regardless of what liberals think there are two genders and only two. How you behave is not a gender, it is a choice. lgbt is just the flavor of the day in rebellious behavior for (I believe) the majority of the people doing it. The disparity of numbers of the generation borne into this agenda says it all.

link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

it's not being pushed anywhere, ffs.

right on with that integrity and honesty of yours.

link   
The OP is trying to show correlation where none exists. There are so many variables in these kinds of surveys, we would need to see how the instruments were designed, validity information, assessment, interpretation, etc.

But it's just a lot easier to hide blatant prejudice behind "this survey proves me right."

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

it's not being pushed anywhere, ffs.

right on with that integrity and honesty of yours.

AGREED.

My life hasn't changed at ALL because there are "more" LGBT people...apparently

SMH

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Enlighten yourself. Check out the "Bear community" ... and then get back to us about masculinity being appreciated.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

i'm getting sick and tired of that narrative.. it's awful and untrue.

people depress the hell out of me sometimes.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

This is NO LONGER in the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Community Announcement re: Decorum
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
It's hispanics and asians. Whites have shown almost no increase.

Hispanics are part of western civilization.

Sounds a little too white power to me. Even though hispanics can also be white and christian.
edit on 8-8-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Of course, being trans is not all fun and games. Their lives would have been so much easier if their bodies had developed to match their brains. That's a given.

Here is what all the major medical organizations say - people with gender dysphoria are pretty miserable. How do we help them be less miserable? Therapy is a big help, but does little to resolve the actual dysphoria symptoms. There are no known drugs that cure the symptoms. The treatment that has worked BEST is to encourage the person to live as the gender their brain identifies with. How far that person has to go to relieve the dysphoria will depend on the individual. For some, , hormones are needed. For others, hormones and some cosmetic surgery are needed. And some need to have full sex reassignment surgery to relieve the dysphoria.

If surveys are valued in this thread, you should check out the U.S. Transgender survey - the largest survey of trans people of it's kind. You will see straight from the horse's mouth that their biggest issue (other than the dysphoria itself) is how they are treated by family, co-workers, employers and society in general.

Being trans in and of itself isn't good or bad for the future of this planet. It is just part of life on this planet. We should talk about it and learn to live with it instead of trying to pretend it doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I'm just going along with the OP's thinking there. I'm sure for some people they might actually choose. Some people are bisexual after all. Plus there are some people who have chosen one way over the other.

However, I would imagine most people don't choose. They either are straight or gay and that's how they've always felt.

I know as a straight person I have never felt tempted to switch teams at all and I've also known gay men and women who say the same about themselves. However there are some people who seem to be able to choose either way.

Women actually seem to be the most fluid too. How much of that is biology and how much is culture I'm not sure but some people do seem to be more hard wired than others for either one or the other.

Not only that but some people also might choose their relationship for reasons other than just sexual attraction in which case that would be a choice made also that would have to be considered. But mainly I'm just keeping it simple and going along with the what the OP is thinking.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi

Here's how it's beginning to look...

OP presents some claims and supports claims with evidence - statistics.

To me it shows how easily the youth are influenced by current trends. We have seen it all through the last 100 years...trends and fashions, fads. They see it become popular and they jump on that bandwagon.

Nobody is really presenting any evidence that negates what was put forward in the OP, just feelings and emotions. Why do YOU care? Does it affect YOUR life? It doesn't affect MINE therefore it isn't a problem.

It is...it is a problem. How many trans people, for example...are happy being trans? From what I'm told it isn't fun at all.

Even if they go the full road and have operations, it's apparently still difficult.

But is it hurting me? No, not really?

So what's my problem?

I'll tell you what...my life isn't all about me. I don't just care about me. I don't just care about my happiness.

You might...I don't.

My life isn't about constant pleasure, entertainment, happiness. I don't spend it driving around the mountains, loving the scenery, eating my favourite food and listening to my favourite music.

I look forward to the future, something I will most likely not enjoy very much or even survive to see. I think of future generations, those who will be here after me...it's a long term game. People who think of me and in a short-term capacity are utterly selfish.

So is it fun being trans or not? If not...why are we encouraging it?

I don't think people encourage these lifestyles because they're liberal, or want what's best for others...they are either virtue signallers because they're afraid to be honest - or they're acting on purely selfish motives.

Someone present evidence to dispute the OP.

Someone oppose the OP, please...without sounding completely selfish. Present your argument and why it's best for the future of this planet and species as opposed to how it's good for you and possibly a few of your friends who are probably too far gone to even understand the concept of 'other people'

People who aren't 'you'

Giving people who are Gay or Trans rights is not encouraging them. They already are regardless of whether you or anyone else thinks it's ok or not.

Why the hell should they have to show that their lifestyle isn't bad for the 'future of the planet and species'. No one has came up with a reason that it is.

They already have rights.

Well done for noticing.

The OPs point (and apparently yours) is that this is encouraging people to be gay and that this is somehow bad for the future.

No.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion but it's stupid.

They can have rights without it being thrust in peoples faces at every turn.

TV and schools are awash with this stuff...is that what rights are?

You seem to be confused about what rights actually entail...there's a difference between people being allowed to live, freely...and actively pushing a specific lifestyle.

It's all smoke and mirrors, pathetic.

No integrity.

No honesty...

All lies.

I'm out...enjoy your world. Be happy...it's all about the self.

Ignore me...I'm harmful.

The people pushing a certain lifestyle are those arguing that anything not to their personal liking should be invisible.

Wanting everyone live to your personal standards is being selfish.

Who wants people to be invisible?

Are you accusing me of this?

How so?

Only reason I got involved is because that's exactly how it looks with regards to the OP.

OP is being oppressed for starting an opinion thread.

I just want some honesty.

Don't like double standards.

I don't care if people are genuinely gay or trans...I do care if people are conforming to a lifestyle they think is trendy when it apparently makes them terribly unhappy.

Don't you?

Do you want there to be a load of kids pretending to be trans because it's hip...and then becoming depressed and unhappy?

Or do you simply want to berate the OP for saying something you don't think he/she should be saying?

I'm as happy for people to be trans as I am for people like the OP to be who they are.

What's the difference between the two...can you explain that to me?

Keep this in mind - you dunno who or what I am, I ain't gven anything personal away. All I've done is state my own opinions....so answer.

Do trans people have more rights than the OP?

It's all about rights, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I think you're over thinking it somewhat though.

There are still Manly Men in the world. Although what makes a Civilized Man or Acceptable Manly Man may have changed a bit, but that will work itself out, I wouldn't worry about it.

I also agree there are basically two sexes or genders. You have Male and Female and anything other than that is simply falling between those two. You might have both but that is pretty rare. But you're still always only dealing with those two endpoints in some way. You may have a female who likes females or a female who likes males or whatever but I have yet to hear anyone explain what a 3rd option might be. We have all kinds of labels to illustrate the sub divisions but there are still only two base sex types.

Gender identity isn't the same as sex though. Identity is something in the persons perception not their biology. I really find the whole concept to be much less complicated that it's made out to be. But it's also something that doesn't effect anyone else if they just realize people are different. So what?? Unless it directly effects me though I don't care. If someone wants to believe they're a tree I don't care. I don't have to believe they're a tree even if they do. But I'm not going to waste a bunch of time trying to convince them otherwise either. I just go about my life and let them figure it out on their own.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ok...it's an open and shut case.

Being trans or gay doesn't hurt the OP.

OP should shut up, as his/her opinion is particularly harmful.

The end.

I'm learning. Please like me.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

OP is not being oppressed. Are the rest of us not allowed to speak? It just so happens that more people disagree than agree with the OP. It happens.

I know whenever I talk about gun contol, I get 50 responses telling me how wrong and oppressive I'm being. I don't feel like I'm being oppressed - I'm just greatly outnumbered here on that subject. It happens.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

OP is not being oppressed. Are the rest of us not allowed to speak? It just so happens that more people disagree than agree with the OP. It happens.

I know whenever I talk about gun contol, I get 50 responses telling me how wrong and oppressive I'm being. I don't feel like I'm being oppressed - I'm just greatly outnumbered here on that subject. It happens.

But it's not the same, it's a total double standard.

The general consensus seems to be...we deny you the right to allegedly deny people their rights.

It's becoming more and more obvious...hte liberal left are absolutely and totally fascist in their behaviour.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That aside..I predict that in years to come, the high numbers of gay and trans will fall, because a huge majority of the confused youngsters around right now will realise how stupid and easily manipulated they were.

When this trend wears off.

And it will.

The end.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Here's how it's beginning to look...

OP presents some claims and supports claims with evidence - statistics.

To me it shows how easily the youth are influenced by current trends. We have seen it all through the last 100 years...trends and fashions, fads. They see it become popular and they jump on that bandwagon.

Nobody is really presenting any evidence that negates what was put forward in the OP, just feelings and emotions. Why do YOU care? Does it affect YOUR life? It doesn't affect MINE therefore it isn't a problem.

It is...it is a problem. How many trans people, for example...are happy being trans? From what I'm told it isn't fun at all.

Even if they go the full road and have operations, it's apparently still difficult.

But is it hurting me? No, not really?

So what's my problem?

I'll tell you what...my life isn't all about me. I don't just care about me. I don't just care about my happiness.

You might...I don't.

My life isn't about constant pleasure, entertainment, happiness. I don't spend it driving around the mountains, loving the scenery, eating my favourite food and listening to my favourite music.

I look forward to the future, something I will most likely not enjoy very much or even survive to see. I think of future generations, those who will be here after me...it's a long term game. People who think of me and in a short-term capacity are utterly selfish.

So is it fun being trans or not? If not...why are we encouraging it?

I don't think people encourage these lifestyles because they're liberal, or want what's best for others...they are either virtue signallers because they're afraid to be honest - or they're acting on purely selfish motives.

Someone present evidence to dispute the OP.

Someone oppose the OP, please...without sounding completely selfish. Present your argument and why it's best for the future of this planet and species as opposed to how it's good for you and possibly a few of your friends who are probably too far gone to even understand the concept of 'other people'

People who aren't 'you'

Giving people who are Gay or Trans rights is not encouraging them. They already are regardless of whether you or anyone else thinks it's ok or not.

Why the hell should they have to show that their lifestyle isn't bad for the 'future of the planet and species'. No one has came up with a reason that it is.

They already have rights.

Well done for noticing.

The OPs point (and apparently yours) is that this is encouraging people to be gay and that this is somehow bad for the future.

No.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion but it's stupid.

They can have rights without it being thrust in peoples faces at every turn.

TV and schools are awash with this stuff...is that what rights are?

You seem to be confused about what rights actually entail...there's a difference between people being allowed to live, freely...and actively pushing a specific lifestyle.

It's all smoke and mirrors, pathetic.

No integrity.

No honesty...

All lies.

I'm out...enjoy your world. Be happy...it's all about the self.

Ignore me...I'm harmful.

The people pushing a certain lifestyle are those arguing that anything not to their personal liking should be invisible.

Wanting everyone live to your personal standards is being selfish.

Who wants people to be invisible?

Are you accusing me of this?

How so?

Only reason I got involved is because that's exactly how it looks with regards to the OP.

OP is being oppressed for starting an opinion thread.

I just want some honesty.

Don't like double standards.

I don't care if people are genuinely gay or trans...I do care if people are conforming to a lifestyle they think is trendy when it apparently makes them terribly unhappy.

Don't you?

Do you want there to be a load of kids pretending to be trans because it's hip...and then becoming depressed and unhappy?

Or do you simply want to berate the OP for saying something you don't think he/she should be saying?

I'm as happy for people to be trans as I am for people like the OP to be who they are.

What's the difference between the two...can you explain that to me?

Keep this in mind - you dunno who or what I am, I ain't gven anything personal away. All I've done is state my own opinions....so answer.

Do trans people have more rights than the OP?

It's all about rights, isn't it?

The OP stayed his opinion (claiming it as fact) that giving gay people rights has turned people gay and that more gay people us bad for society.

Many people have disagreed. That is how a thread works. He is not being oppressed in anyway.

Oh and given your previous posts on a supposed 'agenda' to promote being gay (gay people on television, the horror!!!) I standby my opinion that you would prefer they were invisible.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You need to stop blaming "the left". I'm apparently on the left according to most people here and I'm not responsible for any fascist control over anyone.

"The Left" is a fairly meaningless label as there is simply no way to determine what you mean when you say it nor is it possible that approx. half of everyone thinks in the same way. It's just not happening.

Either you define what the "Left" is very clearly or don't use it because it doesn't mean anything unless we all know what it means first.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So, it's not okay to try to mitigate gun violence or accidental shootings with children, but it's okay to take away same-sex marriage licenses (which OP wants to do) even though they hurt no one.

Got it.
edit on 8-8-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So, it's not okay to try to mitigate gun violence or accidental shootings with children, but it's okay to take away same-sex marriages licenses (which OP wants to do) even though they hurt no one.

Got it.

You are denying the right of the OP to deny the rights of others. ( Or something like that)

You Fascist!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join