It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: GuidedKill

Did you choose to be straight?.

YUP!! and I love it!!

How about you?

I don't believe you.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Calling someone "selfish" is a subjective judgment based on opinion, not fact.

Does anyone have any facts that prove that the US population is "getting gayer?"

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Here's how it's beginning to look...

OP presents some claims and supports claims with evidence - statistics.

To me it shows how easily the youth are influenced by current trends. We have seen it all through the last 100 years...trends and fashions, fads. They see it become popular and they jump on that bandwagon.

Nobody is really presenting any evidence that negates what was put forward in the OP, just feelings and emotions. Why do YOU care? Does it affect YOUR life? It doesn't affect MINE therefore it isn't a problem.

It is...it is a problem. How many trans people, for example...are happy being trans? From what I'm told it isn't fun at all.

Even if they go the full road and have operations, it's apparently still difficult.

But is it hurting me? No, not really?

So what's my problem?

I'll tell you what...my life isn't all about me. I don't just care about me. I don't just care about my happiness.

You might...I don't.

My life isn't about constant pleasure, entertainment, happiness. I don't spend it driving around the mountains, loving the scenery, eating my favourite food and listening to my favourite music.

I look forward to the future, something I will most likely not enjoy very much or even survive to see. I think of future generations, those who will be here after me...it's a long term game. People who think of me and in a short-term capacity are utterly selfish.

So is it fun being trans or not? If not...why are we encouraging it?

I don't think people encourage these lifestyles because they're liberal, or want what's best for others...they are either virtue signallers because they're afraid to be honest - or they're acting on purely selfish motives.

Someone present evidence to dispute the OP.

Someone oppose the OP, please...without sounding completely selfish. Present your argument and why it's best for the future of this planet and species as opposed to how it's good for you and possibly a few of your friends who are probably too far gone to even understand the concept of 'other people'

People who aren't 'you'

Giving people who are Gay or Trans rights is not encouraging them. They already are regardless of whether you or anyone else thinks it's ok or not.

Why the hell should they have to show that their lifestyle isn't bad for the 'future of the planet and species'. No one has came up with a reason that it is.

They already have rights.

Well done for noticing.

The OPs point (and apparently yours) is that this is encouraging people to be gay and that this is somehow bad for the future.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
LOL.

Let's examine OP's claim:

originally posted by: Dfairlite
*snip*

So here it is:
Since 2012 people identifying as LGBT has increased from 3.5% to 4.1% an increase of 17% (definitely not statistical noise). Giving even more credence to my assertion is that ALL of the gain came among millennials. No other generation saw an increase in LGBT identification.

*snip*

Data from Gallup. link

1. The evidence for OP's claim is based on the results of one poll. That proves nothing significant about a population.

2. Percentages are "fraction out of one-hundred," therefore, a change from 4.1% to 3.5% is not 17% but is a chance of 0.6% arguably statistically insignificant.

3. OP then generalizes these two facts to match their own beliefs. There is nothing logical or scientific about that.

Lol...nice work.

The poll proves nothing, it simply augments the evidence that those of us who are honest can clearly see with our own eyes.

More lies, smoke and mirrors.

To say that it's sinister is an understatement.

The gay/trans agenda itself isn't what bothers me, to be honest...what bothers me is the absolute unwillingness of those pushing it to concede as much as an inch.

The zealotry, the hoops they'll leap through, the facts they'll ignore...the outright fallacies and apologetics...nothing else matters to some people.

It's like their entire lives are dedicated to pushing and perpetuating this crap in their own personal interests.

This is probably the most selfish period in human history.

People think the OP shouldn't care...yet they care so damn much when he/she says how they feel or posts some data to back up their claims.

If you lot can care what he says even whe it doesn't harm you...why can't he/she care what you lot say and do even if it doesn't personally harm him/her?

Double standards...no, you just want people to kowtow and conform.

You want what you want.

And that's that.

Admit you're selfish.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

You ask for a rebuttal, you respond with more opinion.

/shrug

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So you have thought about the different options? of being gay before choosing to be straight?.
Funny I'm straight and had no option of my sexuality neither have my pals both gay and straight none made a choice maybe you bat for both teams?.
edit on 8-8-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You might be saying that.

The OP is proposing that there is perhaps something that is actively encouraging it.

And he's wrong. As I said it is a slippery slope fallacy.

To be frank, I reached this conclusion long ago, sans the stats.

It's plainly obvious to anyone who has eyes and is honest enough to acknowledge it.

This is how confirmation bias works. When you reach a conclusion without doing any actual research into the matter. You just use isolated news reports, stereotypes, and anecdotes to "prove" your biases.

Look around you.

And pay attention.

Somebody, somewhere...with a lot of influence, wants people to be gay and trans. It's all over the television, it's being actively taught in schools. It's trendy.

I'd appreciate some honesty for once.

Then prove who it is with ACTUAL evidence. Talking about a shadowy "they" just makes you look ignorant and fearful. This "look around" baloney is not how you prove an argument.

You talk of confirmation bias...lol.

Then tell me I reached my conclusion due to news stories, etc.

No - I base my conclusion on the number of clubs I now see with rainbow flags in the windows.

I base my conclusions on all the affeminate young men I now see...far more than I used to.

I base my conclusions on the masses of homosexual characters in film and tv, on the number of same sex couples I see all over the place.

On the stuff my neice told me about what they learn in school.

Seems to me the only one who confirmed their bias here was you, assuming you knew what my sources were and how I arrived at my conclusion.

Some honesty, please.

Selfish people

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Does anyone have any facts that prove that the US population is "getting gayer?"

The US?

I live in the UK.

Who said anything about the US?

Outside your own selfish little bubble...is the entire world.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Where did I say that? I said it is a problem and it seems that parents many times are to blame. You don't read posts do you? You just reply away!

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You might be saying that.

The OP is proposing that there is perhaps something that is actively encouraging it.

And he's wrong. As I said it is a slippery slope fallacy.

To be frank, I reached this conclusion long ago, sans the stats.

It's plainly obvious to anyone who has eyes and is honest enough to acknowledge it.

This is how confirmation bias works. When you reach a conclusion without doing any actual research into the matter. You just use isolated news reports, stereotypes, and anecdotes to "prove" your biases.

Look around you.

And pay attention.

Somebody, somewhere...with a lot of influence, wants people to be gay and trans. It's all over the television, it's being actively taught in schools. It's trendy.

I'd appreciate some honesty for once.

Then prove who it is with ACTUAL evidence. Talking about a shadowy "they" just makes you look ignorant and fearful. This "look around" baloney is not how you prove an argument.

You talk of confirmation bias...lol.

Then tell me I reached my conclusion due to news stories, etc.

No - I base my conclusion on the number of clubs I now see with rainbow flags in the windows.

I base my conclusions on all the affeminate young men I now see...far more than I used to.

I base my conclusions on the masses of homosexual characters in film and tv, on the number of same sex couples I see all over the place.

On the stuff my neice told me about what they learn in school.

Seems to me the only one who confirmed their bias here was you, assuming you knew what my sources were and how I arrived at my conclusion.

Some honesty, please.

Selfish people

And what exactly is selfish about any of those things?

link   

The US?

I live in the UK.

Who said anything about the US?

Outside your own selfish little bubble...is the entire world.

What population does the poll cited as the sole evidence in the OP regard?

Speaking of "selfish" ...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Excellent post.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I think some are jealous tbh of all the fun.
Prudes....Can't stand em.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

To me it shows how easily the youth are influenced by current trends. We have seen it all through the last 100 years...trends and fashions, fads. They see it become popular and they jump on that bandwagon.

Nobody is really presenting any evidence that negates what was put forward in the OP, just feelings and emotions. Why do YOU care? Does it affect YOUR life? It doesn't affect MINE therefore it isn't a problem.

It is...it is a problem. How many trans people, for example...are happy being trans? From what I'm told it isn't fun at all.

Even if they go the full road and have operations, it's apparently still difficult.

So what's my problem?

I'll tell you what...my life isn't all about me. I don't just care about me. I don't just care about my happiness.

You might...I don't.

My life isn't about constant pleasure, entertainment, happiness. I don't spend it driving around the mountains, loving the scenery, eating my favourite food and listening to my favourite music.

I look forward to the future, something I will most likely not enjoy very much or even survive to see. I think of future generations, those who will be here after me...it's a long term game. People who think of me and in a short-term capacity are utterly selfish.

I don't think people encourage these lifestyles because they're liberal, or want what's best for others...they are either virtue signallers because they're afraid to be honest - or they're acting on purely selfish motives.

Someone oppose the OP, please...without sounding completely selfish. Present your argument and why it's best for the future of this planet and species as opposed to how it's good for you and possibly a few of your friends who are probably too far gone to even understand the concept of 'other people'

People who aren't 'you'

Giving people who are Gay or Trans rights is not encouraging them. They already are regardless of whether you or anyone else thinks it's ok or not.

Why the hell should they have to show that their lifestyle isn't bad for the 'future of the planet and species'. No one has came up with a reason that it is.

Well done for noticing.

The OPs point (and apparently yours) is that this is encouraging people to be gay and that this is somehow bad for the future.

No.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion but it's stupid.

They can have rights without it being thrust in peoples faces at every turn.

TV and schools are awash with this stuff...is that what rights are?

You seem to be confused about what rights actually entail...there's a difference between people being allowed to live, freely...and actively pushing a specific lifestyle.

It's all smoke and mirrors, pathetic.

No integrity.

No honesty...

All lies.

I'm out...enjoy your world. Be happy...it's all about the self.

Ignore me...I'm harmful.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: Dfairlite

Millennials have NO CLUE what they want in life and become easily confused or manipulated. I feel bad for the generation as they inherited a lot of problems that came with both globalization and social media propaganda. In today's society where you have to be on guard for political BS correctness it is no wonder more people are choosing to swing the other way so THEY don't have to be feared about normality bullying.

i like the term you used here.
normality bullying seems to be accepted and encouraged.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

For now I'm just going to assume all your numbers are correct.

But I still think there are other issues to think about.

First, you seem to be going with the idea that our population needs to keep growing at all times forever. Because if it doesn't certain problems happen like more people retiring and no new young people to pay into the system. You're not the only person who has pointed this out as it's a common worry by many people. However, IMO that means we need to change the way our economy functions, not rely on a continuous growing population.

We live in a finite space with finite resources. We can't just keep getting more and more people all the time. A population decrease has to happen at some point or we're all going to be living in even worse conditions than we realize. They say we're going to level off at around 9 billion, hopefully. I honestly don't even want to try and imagine what that is going to be like. We need to change many ways in which we do things both economically and socially anyway. Robots will have most the jobs anyway so young people supporting the old is going to be a far gone concept.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Being gay is promoted now but being a man isn't. You are right about what you see in movies, TV and the media. If you act like a normal guy, who drinks beer, swears, talks about women with your friends it is like you are the throwback and the guy with the man bun, a vape pen and skinny jeans is what a 'man' should be. Then, you have the feminists who do not want girl playing with dolls but acting like Rosie the Riveter. It is the kids who this is affecting, not us who are posting in these forums.

Ask yourself honestly, if you are over 30, when did you even learn or hear about gay or trans unless there was someone in your family who was and then it was just as accepted. Not by all and nothing ever is. Trannies used to be men who dressed as women and gave sex acts in alleys. A person who had a 'sex change' was just someone who went through a lot of therapy to make sure and did. Only the closet gay in school would pick on the openly gay guy in high school becuase of his own insecurity.

Are there cases where a child knows, yes, but they are few and far between. The media has made is cool and mainstream.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

So you have thought about the different options? of being gay before choosing to be straight?.
Funny I'm straight and had no option of my sexuality neither have my pals both gay and straight none made a choice maybe you bat for both teams?.

Naw I didn't think much about the straight part. I knew I was born a boy and I could only mate and reproduce with a woman so the being straight part isn't what I questioned...

I did think what would it be like to be Gay....And I decided to not even try that life as it probably isn't for me...I'm not fond of another mans junk pushed up against mine or anal sex with other dudes. Now could I make a conscious decision to do that tomorrow?? Sure I can!! I'm a consenting adult and can do what I want...

I don't think anyone has a problem with who people have sex with in the privacy of their own home or what ever. The OP is merely pointing out that when you normalize something it becomes more accepted and therefore more common place. It also encourages said behavior..

I'm sure the first time the Nazi's gasses some Jews most of the German people were disgusted.....However with Nazi propaganda and the continuing gassing of jews made it more common place and there fore an accepted practice of the German people....Hell is was so common place many Germans feel right in line and led the Jews to the gas chambers and reported their neighbors...

Seee how something even as sick as genocide can become common place with enough propaganda???

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So what's my problem?

You might...I don't.

People who aren't 'you'

Well done for noticing.

No.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion but it's stupid.

They can have rights without it being thrust in peoples faces at every turn.

TV and schools are awash with this stuff...is that what rights are?

You seem to be confused about what rights actually entail...there's a difference between people being allowed to live, freely...and actively pushing a specific lifestyle.

It's all smoke and mirrors, pathetic.

No integrity.

No honesty...

All lies.

I'm out...enjoy your world. Be happy...it's all about the self.

Ignore me...I'm harmful.

The people pushing a certain lifestyle are those arguing that anything not to their personal liking should be invisible.

Wanting everyone live to your personal standards is being selfish.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join