It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

It must be really nice to be the only person on this planet who doesn't suck.
I already know this will be deleted and I will be punished by a mod very shortly.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I know it has nothing to do with LGBT community , I posted the article to highlight that fact , that we dont know why its decreasing

however it has been linked to environmental health and lifestyle choices

"Decreasing sperm count has been of great concern since it was first reported twenty-five years ago. This definitive study shows, for the first time, that this decline is strong and continuing. The fact that the decline is seen in Western countries strongly suggests that chemicals in commerce are playing a causal role in this trend," Dr. Shanna H Swan, a professor in the Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York. While the current study did not examine causes of the observed declines, sperm count has previously been plausibly associated with environmental and lifestyle influences, including prenatal chemical exposure, adult pesticide exposure, smoking, stress and obesity. Therefore, sperm count may sensitively reflect the impact of the modern environment on male health across the lifespan and serve as a "canary in the coal mine" signaling broader risks to male health.

I cant help but wonder what will happen in the future if mens sperm count is decreasing globally
it's almost as if they want our sperm count to decrease , well in america I can imagine it being worse due to the chemicals they use on crops there and the GMO foods
edit on 8-8-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The very second we stop making this even an issue or a subject to talk about, it will fade into the background noise of life and we can get back to real topics like;

Is Trump a stupid-head or a noodle-head?

Do these jeans make my butt look big?

Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp
Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong
Who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop
Who put the dip in the dip da dip da dip?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

aww there was me hoping we can get back to worrying about things like , food shortages , clean water, pollution , global warfare you know things that will actually kill our species if left unchecked

instead of fighting over how others perceive us in society

there is a huge drive in society for the self, the what about me generation , well at least that's how the media play it out
and how some come across.

we are far too deep in materialism and the identity of self

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Is Trump a stupid-head or a noodle-head?

He's both plus head honcho of the country. See what money can get a person.

I'm starting to wonder if someone will be proposing a gay wall. Would create more jobs, ya know. Just like adding that extra bathroom.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: DBCowboy
the what about me generation

I seriously hate that label. It is a media created stereotype and easily proven wrong. Millennials are just as hard working as any other generation.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Meh.

*shrugs shoulders*

I say let the people who want to make this an issue continue, while the rest of us exploit the working class, pollute rivers and streams and continue worshipping our reptilian overlords.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Whenever I see people that insist that sexual orientation is a choice it makes me believe those people have made a choice.

The OP is far too obsessed with others sexual orientation. That isn't normal.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: AboveBoard

you brought up the very point, its only being talked about in the media because it causes division but on the global scale the actual percentage of humans either transgender, gender dysphoria or sexual dysphoria or the varying spectrum is a very small percentage of humans in total

I think there is about 10% of the worlds population who are in the LGBT community and that is normally an estimate where its more close to 20%

20% of 7 billion is 1 billion 400 million
that isnt a lot of people compared to the total population

I think 10% is pretty much a maximum as far as what I've seen.

The census puts the us population of LGBTQ people around 7.3% but only writhin Millennials. That is up from 5.8%.

So the number is rising. I think it has many reasons as mentioned above. It is less than 1 in 10 though.

Transgendered people are a percentage of that 7.3% -- 0.6%. That's still 1.4 million people. Link

The majority of the increase is due to people reporting as bi-sexual. Most of the stats are in this Article from Buzz Feed

They say that the "trendiness" is a myth. So Immay be wrong. I don't know. I still think Culture is playing into it - but I in no way want to diminish the reality that people are experiencing of themselves.

I think the acceptance simply allows people to be who they are with less fear, on one hand, and on the other, there is more confusion than ever for children who think they are supposed to choose rather than just be what they were born with.

That's where I get frustrated- kids need to know that who they are is ok and that the may not know what their sexual orientation or gender identity is at 12.

For those who strongly know one way or the other, the acceptance is a good thing. For those who don't there should be no pressure.
edit on 8-8-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

This post is basically a hackneyed stream of buzzwords and cliche.

How do you possibly think that you have the right to tell others what gender they are or who they should love?

The only "rights" anyone has been granted in the marriage equality resolution is that Americans are treated equally before the laws ... a concept which goes back to the Constitution.

What's the authoritarian argument? Rights aren't given they exist because we are human beings?

Whatcha know ...I agree with the nutjobs on one point.

And right do you have to force me to accept insane dellusions that there are more than two genders?

I am not telling ANYONE who they should love or what crazy gender they think they think they are.

One is free to do that. But i should not be forced to accept it as normal.

I am not forcing anyone, YOU are. You are forcing acceptance when i only want to givr tollerance.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Please explain and list ALL the rights you have lost while the LGBTQ community has gained their's.

The right to my own opinion.

I am not proposing any "laws" banning anything.

But i only want to give tollerance. You lefties want to force total acceptance on me.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Who is forcing you to do anything? How have you personally been forced to accept these people?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
After reading through this whole thread and the OP's responses towards everyone, I think I may have this all figured out...

The OP believes, based on a poll that

1) western acceptance of LGBT is causing more people TO CHOOSE to be gay

2) with more people CHOOSING to be gay in western civilization, less people will be having children

3) there are other groups OUTSIDE the OP's demographic, such as Hispanics, Asians, and Muslims that are out breeding his chosen demographic

4) there has to be a certain population number for our western economy/way of life to keep moving forward

5) we would now have to supplement the population with people OUTSIDE the OP's PREFERRED demographic in order to maintain the economy

6) the influx of people OUTSIDE the OP's PREFERRED demographic will in turn cause a decline in his/her way of life

7) all coming down to basically LGBT acceptance is going to crash the economy/WoL, which can only be saved by more people, but the pool of people available to save the economy/WoL isn't the OP's PREFERRED choice

8) and we(everyone replying) are either stupid, sheep, can't read, uneducated, or a "leftie" for NOT just blindly agreeing with them.

9) the OP is super proud of all of this and was able to say "told you this would happen"

IMHO, based on their replies to everyone, the OP is either, beautifully trolling us or just an a$$hole

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

ETA. I tend to either piss off people in all directions with my views on this or say things that don't inspire response. I know because I get zero stars and little engagement.

I'm just working through it and my positions may evolve. I appreciate the discussion.

When you see a kid that is very obviously one gender and who has acted out that gender consistently for their whole life suddenly think maybe they don't want to be that gender anymore, like it's a simple choice, it gets crazy. Acceptance of people who are trans or gay or bi isn't a problem for me.

It does really throw me when a pre-adolescent starts having emotional upheaval because they don't know what to do and what "gender" they really are inside.

What stereotypes of gender are they basing their confusion on? What comparison model?

Yes - I know - how did I know
They were acting out their gender?? It's a mess isn't it?

Does that make sense???

Sorry. I'm just seeing this as both a positive move towards acceptance and a negative move towards minor kids being confused about things that are difficult for them to articulate and understand. The medical results to reassignment are no joke. I just can't take this lightly.
edit on 8-8-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The government is federally and in many states. The few once again are making the majority have to accept something they may not agree with.

This is a problem...

Link

This is about parents in many cases making choices for their kids. A 4 year old says I'm a girl so then you should start transitioning them? My daughter tells me she is a unicorn all the time, prancing around the house in a costume and making horse noises...for years. Does this mean I treat her like a horse?

There are times where gender reassignment is needed. It is genetic as is homosexuality. But it is not a choice and that is what people are being given at very young ages now. Also, what is sad also, is many just do it for attention when there are truly cases where people need help and it is not there.

LGBT rights in the US is a trigger or a hot point only when needed. Once it dies down we as a society will go back to Abortion rights and then in another decade something else pops up.

What I find the funniest is that our current president, Donald Trump, is the ONLY elected president EVER to support gay marriage in his platform during election and then during his term. NOT one other. None. But he is what is wrong and all of these dumb ass LGBT protesters call him a bigot and a homophobe.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

For the record, personally, I have great difficulty understanding what trans folks go through.

To me personally, it is as strange to feel like you are another gender entirely as it is for some that I'm attracted to other men.

But the fact that I don't subjectively understand something doesn't mean that I call them sick or perverse.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

This is about parents in many cases making choices for their kids. A 4 year old says I'm a girl so then you should start transitioning them? My daughter tells me she is a unicorn all the time, prancing around the house in a costume and making horse noises...for years. Does this mean I treat her like a horse?

When i was 5 i said i wanted to be Thomas the tank engine.

Libral logics says they should of painted me blue, chopped my legs off and replaced them with wheels and had me housed in a engine shed feeding me coal .
edit on 8-8-2017 by InsaneIthorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
So? Who cares?

Why does who someone loves or wants to love impact you and how you live your life?

Does it make sleeping in on weekends harder?

Does it make scenic drives in the mountains worse?

Does it make your favorite song suddenly terrible?

Does it make your favorite foods disappear?

Who the hell cares who's gay and who's not? And maybe, just maybe with marriage being legal more people are deciding it's OK to admit they're gay?

And why is that suddenly such a bad thing?

Picture your day. Run the entire thing from start to finish in your mind. How does other people being gay stop you from choosing happiness or enjoyment all day long?

Short answer: it doesn't.

Own your feelings, own your perception. Own your reality.

This is really what the problem is.

It's all about the self.

There's no greater good, no tomorrow...only today and only you.

Your pleasures.

Your desires.

Your entertainment and contentment.

You sleeping well.

You enjoying a drive in the mountains.

You listening to your favourite song...

You, you, you...

No tomorrow, no bigger picture - your pleasure and happiness. As long as you are happy there are no consequences.

This is the mentality of the modern generation...no future, only now and pleasure.

Enjoy.
edit on 8/8/2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Oh look it is the second week of the month it must be the gays to hate this time in ATS.
I suggest the op comes out of his closet.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Please explain and list ALL the rights you have lost while the LGBTQ community has gained their's.

The right to my own opinion.

You lost that right? You clearly look like you are giving your opinion right now. Are you in some secluded place trying to keep the police from kicking down your door while you write this opinion or something?

I am not proposing any "laws" banning anything.

But i only want to give tollerance. You lefties want to force total acceptance on me.

And you like to speak for and people you don't know and put words in their mouth.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join