It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is China's reaction to a strike on North Korea

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I believe china will beef up their border and setup a humanitarian relief zone for the influx of refugees. They will observe only.

With a S.ko, US and allies push, the chinese only option is to maintain a buffer zone, at the cost of vast amounts of N.ko territory being ceded to the allied powers.

China is trying to use the fact that its influences in N.ko will be its trump card, but that kimmy is really a jokers card and anything is wild with them.

Considering the India border issue, china is in no position to be flexing.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

China is in every position to flex and should. It would make all the difference in the world. Because they haven't, the UN was forced to respond with sanctions. Kim Jong In is a crazy man. You can't reason with a crazy man.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sodero
a reply to: missed_gear

Well.. case in point I suppose.

No. And the point is just that...you "suppose'

No clear understanding of history. No understanding of the politics. No true thoughts militarily.

You.."Suppose"

Facts are, not as you think. You can listen all you want to the news.

It's you reciting BS.

mg

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Yes, China can unplug this issue in 24 hours.

Truth is, they will not.

The distraction is to their advantage. Troops on the border are not to accept refugees but to keep them out.

The world is not a great place, try living in 3rd world for a year (or try a week)...

mg

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Lol, cute. The case in point was about arguing with idiots, it's okay that it flew over your head, guess you didn't have quite the grasp of conversation that I thought you had. My apologies.

I'm, gonna let you in on a little secret here, I don't watch the news.. the news is a joke. Wanna know how I know That? Well, riddle me this Batman, how can you have two(or more) major news networks broadcasting different things or different takes on a "story" (funny that they're called news stories)?? If it was all true, wouldn't their take on an event be the same? Neither of them are telling the actual truth.. it's appeasement to both sides, it's divide and conquer. What makes the news in the US more honest than the news in Russia let's say? Ohhh, because Putin is a bad guy, he's crooked and lies to his people.... yeahhh.. your leaders are saints lol. Come on mannnnn, you can't be as closed minded as you seem.

I'm flattered you think I have no thoughts militarily, I hate war. I hate that people like you exist who blindly follow.. probably bought that "weapons of mass destruction " lie hook line and sinker didn't ya? It's cool dude, you have 100% common sense.. it's called that for a reason ya know.. beacsue the common person usually isn't the brightest crayon in the box, I think it's better to have uncommon sense.

You and I will never think alike and I enjoy that fact, because the day I think like you is the day I've given up on truth.

What's the difference between an old bus station and a crab with breasts?
One's a crusty bus station and one's a busty curstation.. smile homie, stop being so serious.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
a reply to: StoutBroux

Yes, China can unplug this issue in 24 hours.

Truth is, they will not.

The distraction is to their advantage. Troops on the border are not to accept refugees but to keep them out.

The world is not a great place, try living in 3rd world for a year (or try a week)...

mg

I completely agree with that. China won't be taking refugees, more troops are to stop the influx of refugees.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The US likely would need only one nuke to take out NK.

Pyongyang unlike other world cities is a government city.

People living in the city are 90%+ party members and elites.

hit Pyongyang with a neutron bomb and fallow up with a massive conventional bombing and cruise missile campaign to blast every military base, ship. ECT ECT

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It depends on the nature of the strike and the consequences. If it's a strike that just breaks the nuclear program and NK takes it passively they won't do anything.

If its a strike that restarts the Korean War they'll reinforce thier border against refugee influx and watch the bloodbath while moralising about 'western warmongers' at the UN and gathering intel on all the western equipment used.

If it looks like the north will be overrun they'll occupy some of the country themselves in public to 'help' and privately to prevent a western aligned unified Korea on thier border.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe & sodero

Without those two bombs being dropped on Japan the loss of life would have been 10 fold if a mainland invasion would have taken place. Not saying it's right, but oddly it did end up saving lives. People easily forget how indoctrinated the Japanese people were. To be honest they weren't much better than ISIS since they were beyond fanatical with their support of the Emperor. The Kamikaze of yesterday is akin to the modern day ISIS suicide bomber.

As far as Kim goes China has had it's fill with that nutbag. They are waiting in the wings to reap the raw materials and whatever land they can claim after the dust settles.
edit on 8-8-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join