It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is China's reaction to a strike on North Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Do facts bother you? Or do you thrive on the fear?

Which is it?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

Dude after your comment i looked at your registered date. 2003? That is literally the oldest account I have ever taken the time to look at the registered date. Star for that alone. And just over a thousand posts in 14 years? Ultimate lurker status
'OATSG'

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So we have a basic staring contest going on and whoever takes physical military action first will be branded the warmonger. It was sanctions that got Japan to throw the first punch back in '41 so surely it couldn't work again, could it?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Lil' Kim is not paying attention to the sanctions apparently:

Despite the United States' insistence that North Korea halt its missile tests, U.S. spy agencies detected the rogue communist regime loading two anti-ship cruise missiles on a patrol boat on the country’s east coast just days ago. It's the first time these missiles have been deployed on this type of platform since 2014, U.S. officials with knowledge of the latest intelligence in the region told Fox News on Monday. It also points to more evidence that North Korea isn't listening to the diplomatic threats from the West.

Source

This comes as no surprise, given that sanctions only anger Kim. Problem is, one of these days a launch of the real deal, as opposed to a "test," will happen.

He needs to be dealt with now.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

It seems logical for CHINA to be the first defensive response, preventing NK from getting too out of control which then may or will require the USA and potential others to respond which basically makes a larger situation to have to deal with for the locals in the region...

edit on 8/8/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

You highlight the point where I think the logic lies. Escalation.

When someone, whoever it may be, acts, it will only begin more reactions. What exactly that entails is the discussion I would like to open up.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I will say this again as I posted it earlier on but most people get swirled up in their answers to other posters and tend to not consider us posters who have a lower post count :

A cowering dog pushed into a corner by a bully will either lie down, roll over and submit OR snarl and bite back to defend itself from said bully.

For the moment said dog is starting to lift its lip up in readiness to snarl.

On topic : Methinks that China and the USA have already been working and are still working together (maybe even have a detailed plan of action with dates etc already) in order to "Ahem" sort this situation out so that everyone is a winner (with maybe a "bit" if collateral damage!

Just thinking out aloud...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 8-8-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Things getting more interesting ,
China holding naval military exercise off the korean peninsula .

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

Linky wink?

I am in the plane.

Thanks

Lags
edit on 8-8-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Why Did Linky come out as Kinky? OOOOOoooerrrrr

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Linky wink?

I am in the plane.

Thanks

Lags

Saw on channel news asia on telly at lunch today , havent checked their website yet as was busy with other things .
edit on 8817 by VengefulGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

China has already stated their defense treaty with N. Korea would not be valid if N. Korea kept up the threats / missile / nuke testing while antagonizing the US, S.K. and Japan. Secondly N. Korea has also threatened China over their stance and it really pissed N.K. off when China started enforcing sanctions. China also has to consider domestic issues as the current generation in China does not see N. Korea in the same light as older generations. They view N. Korea as a danger to whats been accomplished in China and view them as nothing more than mooches.

Lil Kimmy is on his own.
edit on 8-8-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Linky wink?

I am in the plane.

Thanks

Lags

Here ya go:

The Chinese navy and air force flexed their muscles in live-fire drills in seas adjacent to the Korean Peninsula, the defence ministry said, amid regional tensions over North Korea's pursuit of nuclear weaponry. The "large-scale" exercises were being conducted in the seas and skies off China's east coast in the Yellow Sea and Bohai Gulf, and included the firing of dozens of missiles, a notice posted late Monday on the Ministry of Defence website said.

Naval and air force assets including dozens of ships, more than 10 aircraft, submarines and an unspecified number of coastal defence personnel took part in the drills, which the ministry said were aimed at testing weapons and honing the military's abilities in conducting coastal assaults and intercepting air targets.

Source

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I read a lot on this site, I don't speak very much however because I know I'll end up arguing with idiots.. And you know what they say about that... but what I don't understand here is peoples view on NK and their goal for the capability to hit the US with a nuke. Of course they want that.. how would they not want That? People are going on about how they've been testing ICBM's and testing nukes.. Well yeah.. to get a working one you need to do tests. All you die hard American loving yuppies seem to forget your country tested nukes too.. around 1,054 of them. A simple Google search shows that. What makes it okay for you to do it and not NK? Because your leaders aren't crazy?... Well I bet people living in all the countries your leaders have overthrown would beg to differ on that opinion. Because you use it to help people? Well I bet all the innocent victims you dropped TWO nukes on would argue that you didn't help them at all. It absolutely blows me away how blind people are to their own hypocrisy. NK wants a nuke to be in the same league as all the other countries that are surrounding them, pushing them, taunting them. If you're ever in a situation where someone has a gun to your face (trust me on this one) you're really going to wish you had a gun to their face too. I got lucky the guy didn't pull the trigger and only stole my bike and money. The US have shown they aren't scared to pull that trigger.. twice. I'd be bulking up to flex back at the schoolyard bully too.

To answer the original question, I don't think China would do anything. Let two people fight and see what happens, a smart fighter will always watch and learn tactics of a future opponent.. And let's be honest with ourselves here, at some point there will be a fight between the US and China, not saying anytime soon, but it will happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: sodero
I read a lot on this site, I don't speak very much however because I know I'll end up arguing with idiots.. And you know what they say about that... but what I don't understand here is peoples view on NK and their goal for the capability to hit the US with a nuke. Of course they want that.. how would they not want That? People are going on about how they've been testing ICBM's and testing nukes.. Well yeah.. to get a working one you need to do tests. All you die hard American loving yuppies seem to forget your country tested nukes too.. around 1,054 of them. A simple Google search shows that. What makes it okay for you to do it and not NK? Because your leaders aren't crazy?... Well I bet people living in all the countries your leaders have overthrown would beg to differ on that opinion. Because you use it to help people? Well I bet all the innocent victims you dropped TWO nukes on would argue that you didn't help them at all. It absolutely blows me away how blind people are to their own hypocrisy. NK wants a nuke to be in the same league as all the other countries that are surrounding them, pushing them, taunting them. If you're ever in a situation where someone has a gun to your face (trust me on this one) you're really going to wish you had a gun to their face too. I got lucky the guy didn't pull the trigger and only stole my bike and money. The US have shown they aren't scared to pull that trigger.. twice. I'd be bulking up to flex back at the schoolyard bully too.

To answer the original question, I don't think China would do anything. Let two people fight and see what happens, a smart fighter will always watch and learn tactics of a future opponent.. And let's be honest with ourselves here, at some point there will be a fight between the US and China, not saying anytime soon, but it will happen.

Most people know the above bang on to each letter you have typed here mate.

Sadly extreme arrogance and brainwashing has dumbed down many people so trying to discuss here is like trying to chase after a headless chicken.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sodero
I read a lot on this site, I don't speak very much however because I know I'll end up arguing with idiots..

Idiots?

All you die hard American loving yuppies seem to forget your country tested nukes too.. around 1,054 of them. A simple Google search shows that. What makes it okay for you to do it and not NK?

You do understand...'yuppies' is a term of the past?

Of course we tested nukes, so have many countries. But N. Korea is a different beast and you are comapring an apple to an orange.

Well I bet all the innocent victims you dropped TWO nukes on would argue that you didn't help them at all. It absolutely blows me away how blind people are to their own hypocrisy.

Those two bombs. I say bombs, because at the time they were just big bombs....were no diffeent than the fire bombings of civilian cities and actually less destructive than the bombs which hit Japan and that is a silly if not ignorant comment by you, you must see history with blinkers. eg. Dresden...look it up.

NK wants a nuke to be in the same league as all the other countries that are surrounding them, pushing them, taunting them. If you're ever in a situation where someone has a gun to your face (trust me on this one) you're really going to wish you had a gun to their face too.

I have been to S. Korea, as a veteran..three times. You do not get the whole picture at all...just a BS and glaring over simplification by your part.

China lost an estimated 180,000 troops there in the 1950's. Do you not have common sense?
That will have to be played off. no?

The ability of force projection is an enormous effort, no nations, not one, can come close to the US today or next 20 years. They all know it.

Russia can barely pull of Syria. And it is almost all of their budget. For gawd's sake, their only aircraft carrier has a tug in the wakes.

I am sure you are unaware that N.Korea is not a US war, It is a UN conflict. The UN sanctions currently are not just USA.

mg

edit on 8-8-2017 by missed_gear because: clarity

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

JUST 2 big bombs... Yea Right!

Ask the families of what were left of the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki if they were "just" two big bombs!

I bet you are glad that your family were not touched by JUST two big bombs!

Sheer arrogance.

Lags

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

[qote]
Sheer arrogance.

Yes 2 damn bombs the Germans and Japanese would also loved to have dropped and were working on as well.

What about the fire bombings and civilian populations that all the Axis thought was proper to do?

How many died?

Arrogance.

mg

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Operative words.

"Working on and would have loved to drop"

Arrogance is not the same as Ignorance...true?

mg
edit on 8-8-2017 by missed_gear because: point

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Everyone on this site and the World is so cute.

NK is not and never will be a threat to anyone. They need you to be spun up to keep this War machine going and keep you in fear.

Sigh...

They've been at it for 30 years. Eventually they will get there. How many bombs does it take before we get serious? Or are you completely naïve? Because, they ARE dropping bombs.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well.. case in point I suppose.

Look man, you can ramble all you want and try and justify your opinion on how whatever you good guys do is okay and whatever those bad guys do is wrong and evil ... but it's all wrong and evil. You say I over simplify things, but isn't that a good thing? KISS.. keep it simple stupid. Break away all the propaganda, all the lies, all the he said she said and what's the story? The US is a global bully, I think most people outside of the US can see that, I don't care if you say the sanctions are from the U.N. because honestly, who calls the shots there? Like you yourself said, no one can come close to the US, so who's going to stand up against them when they're telling you what to do? Use your head. Wasn't it also The U.N. that appointed Saudi Arabia to The woman's rights commission.. laughable organization at best.

The term yuppies is from the past... umm.. isn't every single word we use from the past? If i was making up new words on the spot you wouldn't understand them. Hergstainlaggend .. that's a word I just made up for you, it's very endearing I assure you.

Yeahhh, I still stick with what I said, I don't think China would do very much if the US attacks NK. They may help a bit, but they wouldn't be going balls deep, why would they? Let the US do their thing, play both sides a bit and let the enemy of your enemy take care of your enemy.. wow so many enemies.

As far as calling the nukes bombs.. Well yeah they are. The largest nuke ever detonated was called the "Tsar BOMBA".. it is a bomb. Thanks for that.. but trying to play down dropping it on innocent civilians.. Well, that just makes you look like a snaf, sorry, another word I just made up. It's good too..dont worry.

I apologize I don't known how to do the fancy quote things like you did, but you're a big boy, I'm sure you can follow along.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join