It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is China's reaction to a strike on North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This 'hyper saber rattling' coming out of NK is reaching new heights. With new increased sanctions being placed on the country, I can see, from a slightly deranged mind, their dear leader needing to make a stink. Back and fourth we go while the aggression, with the help of MSM, seems to be rising. I've heard some reports that there is a strong possibility of a preemptive strike in the works for NK. Nothing that passes the smell test but it is worth noting. Due to everything we've seen, or lack therof, coming from China, what will their response be?

Will they wait idly by, why the US 'handles' the mess? Will they deem that the US has crossed the line by not working directly with China as NK's proxy? Or will they possibly just swoop in and reap the reward and reconstruction after?

The United Nations Security Council unanimously imposed new sanctions on North Korea on Saturday that could slash its $3 billion annual export revenue by a third.

www.reuters.com...
edit on 8-8-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Perhaps China could advertise for defectors to come across, that would deplete the NK population, Then invade NK, take control, put it under their rule, that would expand china and then they can move chinese people to the old NK and then ........

No and then..
edit on 8/8/2017 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
My view is that China will wait until both NK and SK are a mess and then calmly sigh and send in Her Peacekeepers who will restore order and order the few remaining US military to leave.

That is China's long term plan ... requiring patience ... which they have in abundance.

The moment you hit NK, Seoul becomes a wasteland. That is before NK dusts off the Nukes.

The US has never attacked a nuclear armed nation. Will NK be the first?

P

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The US has never attacked a nuclear armed nation. Will NK be the first?

Yes, the narrative has used every possible name except 'weapons of mass destruction.'

Seems that phrase raises eyebrows.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
There's a HUGE carrot for Kim to give up his nukes and ICBM's, and that would be the lifting of all sanctions and the opportunity to join the international community, and be given assurances that he himself won't be taken out.

However, stick him in a paranoid corner, starve his country to death, and then fire missiles at him and his infrastructure, and he might just give the order to launch the missiles on Seoul, and even nuke an American city - if he's cornered and in fear for his life and the stability of his rule, which is really built on a flimsy house of cards to begin with.

I'm concerned that the latest sanctions might destabilize NK, and all this brinksmanship isn't helpful, except maybe to bring him to the table to cut a deal and maybe even save his own life and that of 100's of 1000's or even millions of his countrymen (who he cares not one iota about).

Kim's problem is the level and magnitude of his own propaganda as a tool of the state, for which nuke tipped ICBM's is and has been central to that policy.

He needs to know that he could be very quickly removed from power, to separate him from the arsenal.

He, not Trump, needs to be immobilized if he will not comply and make a deal of the century for himself and his country - he would be a hero, for taking the USA to the brink and then getting an awesome deal for the Korean people.

Or he'll be removed by some insidious and ingenious Chinese and American and Russian plot.

If they destabilize him and his country, then that's not the right quotient in this equation.

I fear they're pushing him too hard, while letting him state that his nukes and ICBM's will never be on the table and cannot form any part of any negotiation ie: non-negotiable on nukes and missiles.

The Chinese have to have a talk with him before he meets the Americans and examines the deal (on the backchannel. he can't publicize it, that everything really is negotiable).

He's got a gun to his head. He'll come around if it's handled in the right way by the Chinese, the Russians and the Americans.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Everyone on this site and the World is so cute.

NK is not and never will be a threat to anyone. They need you to be spun up to keep this War machine going and keep you in fear.

Sigh...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Not an impossible argument. However can you defend the literal actions of NK so far?

I'll give you this. Most sources state "may have landed" somewhere around the sea of Japan.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

What literal actions?

You mean because some nobody in Lil Kims regime said some BS today or that day about some nonsensical strike that they want to theoretically enact one day on someone somewhere because they are angry/upset/ at something the US did?

I don't believe a God D*** word that comes out of the news regarding what NK either wants or does not want. All I need to know is that there are likely 5 Ohio Class Sub Marines at any given time around his location, not known to him, or anyone except DoD, that are pointing every bit of Nuclear warhead tipped armament at his residence that could flatten his country within 10 minutes of him farting in a way the US does not approve of.

That's all I need to know, or anyone, needs to know.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Not an impossible argument. However can you defend the literal actions of NK so far?

I'll give you this. Most sources state "may have landed" somewhere around the sea of Japan.

Little kimi is a leader under duress, I believe he is making threats as a retaliation to being cornered and threatened.

Care is needed when you corner a dog in the yard.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Probably wouldnt bode well for lil kimmy .
Surprisingly nk sent a delegation to the asean summit thats going on .
Not so surprising nk not wanting to play nice during the summit with promising physical retaliation for sanctions .

According to some of the other delegates at the summit the discussions with nk became a bit heated .

Just saw it announced on channel news asia little while ago when was have lunch .

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

What literal actions?

That would be the 14 missile tests just this year.

Subs or no subs, these went off, or is that not something anyone need know?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Probably to take advantage of the distraction to make moves in the South China Sea and elsewhere.

edit: and no I'm not Chinese, I'm american. I just thought this was a cool name when I was like 12 because of Liu Kang's mortal kombat fatality where he turns into a dragon and eats the other guy in half
edit on 8/8/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

My first question to you would be:

How many of those Missiles were aimed at someone and as well hit them and caused damage/destruction.

My second question to you would be:

How many Missiles has the US dropped on people this year alone and previous that have maimed, or killed, both "enemy combatants and civilians?

When you find the answers to these questions, I would then ask you to ask yourself, who is the real threat here..to anyone? Justified or not.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

You're comparing apples to oranges. While you and to some extent myself, may not agree on strategies during open conflict, they do not extend aptly at the moment to North Korea.

Unless can source where the US has dropped bombs on countries that we are not openly in conflict with, that tangent is moot.

The fact remains that NK just this year has launched 14 missiles. No death or destruction, granted however it was clearly outside their countries bounds and according to one trajectory literally across Japan. (Citation needed
)

Also, this detracts from my OP. My point of discussion is what would/will China do in the event of a preemptive strike on NK from the US.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Little kimi is a leader under duress, I believe he is making threats as a retaliation to being cornered and threatened.

Care is needed when you corner a dog in the yard.

You took the words right out of my mind.

A cowering dog pushed into a corner by a bully will either lie down, roll over and submit OR snarl and bite back to defend itself from said bully.

For the moment said dog is starting to lift its lip up in readiness to snarl.

On topic : Methinks that China and the USA have already been working and are still working together (maybe even have a detailed plan of action with dates etc already) in order to "Ahem" sort this situation out so that everyone is a winner (with maybe a "bit" if collateral damage!

Just thinking out aloud...

Warmest

Lags

edit on 8-8-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Whoops, I am really crap at quoting... I think I need to start drinking first thing in the morning!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Damn it!!!

Only I reason I clicked this thread was to laugh at DB

Double DAMN!!!

(Insert clever line here)

and to the OP, uh, what would you do?

China owns NK, much like the mineral rights for the TIM Ossman WAR that never ends

China controls the shoe, but trump is working the dealers to stack it BACK

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

China wont do anything as they are not capable of doing anything and certainly have no capability outside of their own border.

Question answered.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

China wont do anything as they are not capable of doing anything and certainly have no capability outside of their own border.

Question answered.

Enlightening.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

JinMI, I suggest you read this ... just to get another perspective.

Here

P

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

You're comparing apples to oranges. While you and to some extent myself, may not agree on strategies during open conflict, they do not extend aptly at the moment to North Korea.

Unless can source where the US has dropped bombs on countries that we are not openly in conflict with, that tangent is moot.

The fact remains that NK just this year has launched 14 missiles. No death or destruction, granted however it was clearly outside their countries bounds and according to one trajectory literally across Japan. (Citation needed
)

Also, this detracts from my OP. My point of discussion is what would/will China do in the event of a preemptive strike on NK from the US.

Depends on the strike really. If he sends missiles to say destroy the launch site. China does nothing. If in the unlikely hood of an invasion that depends. Since they were OK with sanctions in their vote at the UN. If a coalition is formed for invasion China does nothing and would likely participate. If it isn't a coalition and just a US strike then they would likely send in troops to stop the invasion from getting to close. In which case their troops would provide a safe haven from US troops
edit on 8/8/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join