It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats evryones point of view on children being taken from parents on flimsy excuses?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
OP, how old are your children and were their views taken into account at the family courts?

Also, it is easy to assume/suspect criminal activity when actually, the SW is most likely working to govt set targets.

Have you spoken to any child welfare orgs/experts? In the UK, Gingerbread or Surestart might be good starting points for advice and guidance on parental rights in these situations.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gemrengem

As someone else said, don't do this on here! However i too have my own "experiences" with the ss in the uk. I think the word OXFORD is enough detail for now. I have also worked for them in a minor way so have a little experience on the other side too.

This advice is likely outdated, however you should be able to adapt it to the present day. (I know someone it worked for) whos circumstances were similar to yours).

Contact the childrens legal centre in Essex, they used to be able to organise for parents to speak to child psychologists and legal experts. Your aim is for someone to put in writing to social services that your upbringing by your mother and stepfather caused you to develop "trauma" bonding tendencies. So clearly your family are not suitable to care for and support children with emotional issues. Ie that at the very least any children in the care of this family and the family of your ex, are at risk of emotional abuse.

Reading between the lines here, I would also advise that you take a look at a website called out of the fog. You will find much support and guidence there.

I don't think ss use children as test subjects, I do think that they don't have enough training in child development and some project their own issues onto the families they deal with. A big % of social workers seem to do their job with so much emotional detachtment that it becomes a tick box exercise.

There are some amazing social workers out there, but not many sadly.

edited to add that I have been told by solicitors that in the main social services go after easy targets. ie if you seem intelligent and come from a family that seems to be "respectable" they chase you much more than if you come from a family of 15, living on a council estate with both parents out of work and taking drugs.

edit on 21/03/2011 by eccentriclady because: to add information

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

There are a few possibilities:

You may have been gaslighted,drug addicts do this to deflect and get sympathy money from rich mommy and daddy.
(If this is the case - not much you can do without documentation). Document every chance you get. Texts, whatever you can. Eventually, without you to blame, they will still be who they are and their actions will eventually be exposed.

You may actually need the help.

In your situation, without knowing where you live, or all the circumstances, my advice is get all the help you can. Support groups, counseling, get mentally strong again. If you can retrain for work, do it; and above all let your children know that you love them. Letters, phone calls, whatever you can.

Focus and get whatever help you can!

edit on 8-8-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There's three sides to every story.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Plotus

Food for thought: The US and Canadian govts routinely took children from Native American/First Nations families on flimsy "child protection" claims. And Australia had a program from the early 1900s until the late 1960s (and possibly longer) where they did that to Aboriginal children. The Australian atrocity is collectively called the "Stolen Generations", and the Australian govt's purpose was literally to "Breed out the Black/Colour".

I just recently started researching the Stolen Generations in Australia--really sad stuff. It's sad to realize that this has happened or is happening all over the world. I always thought that our historical treatment of black people and native Americans was bad enough--to know that it is/was a global thing at some time or another is a sad proof of the still-remaining tribal instinct in humans.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Child protective services in in cahoots with the pizzagaters. Didnt they put Laura silsbey on the amber alert program, a podestas or 2 works with ncmec. If you know someone whose spent a lot of time in foster care they've been raped by some strangers.

They want us on drugs, dumbed down with our children serving as drones and sex slaves!
edit on 8-8-2017 by flyingdutchman2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Best advice, get some good legal help. the system is often broken, and abuses of power do happen. Kids end up abused, too, in foster homes. Stories of that nature aren't aired often, but they happen. One place, I read they were taking kids from poor families, and adopting the into rich ones after tricking/threatening parents into signing over custody.

Document EVERYTHING.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

There was the "Lost children of Francoism" in Spain, where several hundred thousand kids were taken from. Some of it was even done by the Catholic Church itself in compliance with the Franco Regime, particularly targeting new mothers who were deemed unfit. From the article I linked:

It was believed that racial inferiority could be corrected at an early age. As such, infants were taken from their "red" mothers to avoid "their contamination and degeneration". The Falange and the Spanish church played an important role in this attempt at racial purification.[5] Much of the time, these kidnappings were done to benefit couples who had adopted the Francoist regime and wished to have children.[5]

The Spanish Catholic Church, had an important role in hospitals and social services because of Franco.[2] The purpose of these abductions changed from ideological reasons to targeting parents, who the network considered "morally- or economically- deficient"[2] and in some cases, they charged money.[2] Parents were mostly told that their children had died and since the hospitals took care of the burials, they never saw the bodies. In many cases, the records were missing, either accidentally or because they were destroyed.

And as bad as that was, this atrocity of govt-sponsored child stealing didn't only happen to minorities. From the end of WW2 to the 1970s in the US, there was something called the "Baby Scoop Era.

Needless to say, I have no idea why people long for that time period. Because surely the adults of the time knew what was going on, since they were the ones adopting the kids, enforcing the policies of taking the kids, being forced to give up their kids, etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: SlapMonkey

And as bad as that was, this atrocity of govt-sponsored child stealing didn't only happen to minorities. From the end of WW2 to the 1970s in the US, there was something called the "Baby Scoop Era.

This sounds like it was the springboard for the for-profit CPS adoption methods that we now see happening (at least in the U.S.). It probably existed before this period, but this seems like the concerted effort to really normalize the process.

Sadly, it seems as though the new "Baby Scoop Era" has turned from adoption to abortion, where instead of adoption being presented as the only option, abortion is now the social norm.

I'm in not way meaning to go off-topic, here, but honestly, I'd prefer an era where adoption was the pushed outcome of "illegitimate" children before abortion. But neither social pressure is a good thing, IMO.

ETA: BTW, thanks for the information--it would make for a good thread.
edit on 10-8-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join