It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Donald Trump Let YOU Immigrate to the US

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'm curious.
How many other country's would let me immigrate to their country?

You should look it up and let us know. I can think of a number where we'd be welcome as retirees.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The Canadian point system doesn't have anything about the Olympics, Nobel Prizes or money.

calculator here

I got a 985 out of 1200. The minimum CRS score for the pool is 441.

378 points. Main problem is that we've been retired for around 10 years.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

No problem, all you have to do is get into Mexico. That should be easy. Then from there just follow the millions crossing into the U.S. across the U.S./Mexican border!

Once here you will be provided with free food and lodging within one of our many sanctuary cities!

And don't worry if you get pulled over the police aren't even allowed to enquire about to your legal status. In fact even if you break our laws and get arrested they will make sure you are released before the immigration officials will get a chance to come get you!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yes my wife and I qualify- seems good to me

ea reply to: Byrd

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Just because you are financially self-supporting doesn't mean you are a good or decent person either, it just means you can reasonably be expected to be a net gain on the system rather than a net drag.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
3 points short.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You qualify to apply
Your score: 31
Minimum score: 30
You must be at least 18 years old and have at least 30 points to be eligible to apply for immigration, according to proposed legislation.

Sweet! America! What a wonderful country

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

No problem, all you have to do is get into Mexico. That should be easy. Then from there just follow the millions crossing into the U.S. across the U.S./Mexican border!

It turns out (after checking a bit) that there's huge US expatriate communities in Mexico and it actually would be easy for retirees to move there to live. Some of the ex-pat communities are actually like living at a resort

And a friend of mine has emigrated to Italy (she's disabled and a poet... and they took her anyway.)

I think I would go, myself... but the kids and grandkids live within 60 miles of us and I just couldn't bear to leave them. Bruce's mother is also in the same area and she's elderly and we like visiting her. We'd be there if she needs help.

If I was single and had the relocation of my dreams, I would move to Egypt for awhile (and buy a horse for transport. If I needed to go long distance, I'd hire a driver but for local travel it'd be a horse.) What adventures I'd have!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

So how about it... did you qualify?

Sure I have always qualified from day one...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Some of the ex-pat communities are actually like living at a resort

And a friend of mine has emigrated to Italy (she's disabled and a poet... and they took her anyway.)

I think I would go, myself... but the kids and grandkids live within 60 miles of us and I just couldn't bear to leave them. Bruce's mother is also in the same area and she's elderly and we like visiting her. We'd be there if she needs help.

If I was single and had the relocation of my dreams, I would move to Egypt for awhile (and buy a horse for transport. If I needed to go long distance, I'd hire a driver but for local travel it'd be a horse.) What adventures I'd have!

My 2 neighbors just moved to Mexico, sold everything and left to live in a resort like life style. My wife and I plan on just moving to other countries for 6 months to a year at a time when I retire. Why not see Paris for a year living in an apartment as example.
edit on 8-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'm curious.
How many other country's would let me immigrate to their country?

You should look it up and let us know. I can think of a number where we'd be welcome as retirees.

you should really look into that. yes many countries do welcome people from other countries as retirees. but you are not given things like citizenship, or even become permanent residents. you are always just visitors to those countries. welcome as long as you have the money to support yourself. that money runs out and you have to go back home. nothing like welfare or such government supported services available for you. and unless you own businesses there, you are not allowed to work. there are also normally limits on just how long you can stay at a time, without leaving the country. in fact there are many if not most countries that it is almost impossible to become a citizen or permanent resident of. some of the very same countries that welcome retirees, but only as long as they have the money to put into that country's economy. and they can decide to kick you out at any time, for whatever reason they want. the key point seems to be as long as you have money to spend, and can take care of all your expenses, you are welcome. run out of money, goodbye.

here is an example of the ways you can stay in one of these countries.
-you can stay on a normal tourist visa. you can renew this visa every one to six months, by going into the immigration office and paying fees to have it extended for another one to six months. this is good for up to two years of staying. at which point you must leave the country for at least 24 hours. after which you can do it all again.
-you can have i believe it is $10,000 US in a bank account at all times. this allows you to come and go as you please as long as there is at least $10,000 in that account. and can stay as long as you want. and you still have to go to the immigration office at certain intervals (at least once a year) and provide the documentation of that money.
-you can own businesses that employ at least 10 citizens at full wages, or employ at least ten citizens at full wages. again this allows you to come and go as you please. and again go to the immigration office at least once a year with documentation to prove you employ at least that many citizens. you may of course work at your own business.
-you can get legally married to a citizen. this will let you stay indefinitely, as long as you stay married. note, you do not become a citizen when you marry, you are always an alien. you may come and go as you will. but i understand that you get a heavy grilling at immigration when you return if your spouse does not go with you. you also must go to immigration once a year, just as every non citizen must go to immigration at least once a year with all applicable paperwork. i am not sure if marriage allows you to work in the country or not, but i believe you can.
-you can come into the country on a work visa, which of course would allow you to work. yet that must be applied for while out of the country, and you may not go to the country until accepted or denied. it must be proven that you are essential to that business. either as a person they need where a citizen can not be found to fill that position. or as a company representative such as for all the call centers that are operated for foreign countries.
-the country of course reserves the right to deport any non-citizen, at any point if they so wish.

in fact the only way i know a foreigner can become a citizen, or permanent resident, is to be born in the country. at which point as an adult if they have spent enough time in the country they may apply and possibly receive citizenship. you will note that they are not automatically granted citizenship by being born in the country, but can apply to become one. and there are restrictions on what an alien may or may not do while in the country. things like it is illegal to fly a foreign flag, except at embassies or consulates. it is also illegal for a foreigner to fly the flag of the country they are in at their residence. you may not only not vote (go figure). but it is also illegal to be involved in any political actions such as protests. or otherwise take part in politics o he country.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Dying to achieve victim status much?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Nope, I did not, and I think this is great. Br can be adjusted lower if it had to be, but it's a great starting point. They need to change the auto citizen clause as well.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join