It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Donald Trump Let YOU Immigrate to the US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

You should look up expat with South America nations, how they handle it. You'll have tons of material to make threads like this about.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Personally, on my own, no I wouldn't qualify, but I wouldn't qualify to get into most other developed nations either.

A country has every right to pick and choose who gets in and why. This is likely why we never see that promised exodus to Canada. Most of those people aren't good enough to move there.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Good. Our average citizens shouldn't have to be worried about being replaced by average foreign people. Immigration should be about helping Americans, not helping foreigners.

Thank you! Exactly the point! It's time to take care of Americans.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
(Disclaimer: no, he wouldn't let ME or my husband immigrate... we each fall 5 points short.)

So TIME magazine ran an interesting feature about the RAISE act (the proposed legislation) and changes that it would make to the immigration policy. As part of this, they went through the RAISE act and quantified it, turning it into a checklist for things that would get you into the country. They used the numerical scoring list and we all took it just for the heck of it.

here it is

I don't qualify. In fact, there's no period of our lives when either my husband or myself would have qualified (after he hit age 45, he was a very highly paid engineer for Raytheon but wasn't quite to the $103,000 mark in salary in the 1990's. One of my classmates went on to be an Olympic athlete...but I'm sure not anywhere in that class.

Personally, I think we should ask our politicians if they qualify. That could be terribly amusing.

So how about it... did you qualify?

If you don't qualify there are many other places we hear are wonderful. You could go there. I've thought about going there too.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The Canadian point system doesn't have anything about the Olympics, Nobel Prizes or money.

calculator here

I got a 985 out of 1200. The minimum CRS score for the pool is 441.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Aside from age still would qualify .
But no thanks prefer to keep the better standard of living and better quality of life that have over here .

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Would the proposed point system keep those people out? Not if they had some money and a decent job lined up. Also, this would have absolutely no impact on H1-B visas. So Trump can still hire a bunch of temporary foreign workers because Americans don't want seasonal service industry jobs by his account.

Do you have evidence of the blackmailing of members of Congress or are you just speculating?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The Canadian point system doesn't have anything about the Olympics, Nobel Prizes or money.

calculator here

I got a 985 out of 1200. The minimum CRS score for the pool is 441.

Congratulations

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Would the proposed point system keep those people out? Not if they had some money and a decent job lined up. Also, this would have absolutely no impact on H1-B visas. So Trump can still hire a bunch of temporary foreign workers because Americans don't want seasonal service industry jobs by his account.

Do you have evidence of the blackmailing of members of Congress or are you just speculating?

Speculation from articles I have read. I don't have proof that Awan did anything wrong, I guess we will see what comes of it. But it looks shady.

You are right, this doesn't deal with visas. And yet people are still freaking out about how much of a monster Trump is.

And I do think the visa systems needs to be overhauled.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You do qualify. You are a natural born citizen.

Yep...being born here is our ace in the hole.
The qualifications for coming into this country should be high.
I have my own problems here, I can't worry about every person wanting to immigrate here but can't qualify.
As other people have noted, it's just as hard to get into other countries....I don't see anyone calling for the leaders of those countries heads.
Get over it.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You do qualify. You are a natural born citizen.

Yep...being born here is our ace in the hole.
The qualifications for coming into this country should be high.
I have my own problems here, I can't worry about every person wanting to immigrate here but can't qualify.
As other people have noted, it's just as hard to get into other countries....I don't see anyone calling for the leaders of those countries heads.
Get over it.

They should be high, agreed. As should every country.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

So how about it... did you qualify?

I got 28 points.

Death to Americ-. . . . oh wait. . is this the actual guideline or is Time and yourself being somewhat disingenuous??

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My score is 32. I am in.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I suspect most people did, so you bring up an excellent point about it.

Of course, at the same time, if the intent is to seriously constrict immigration because we have a lot of immigrants here already and need to concentrate on assimilating, then I wouldn't put it past a set of standards being set up to only take very highly skilled immigrants who would be highly paid/highly educated, too.

It's not like we haven't nearly shut off all immigration before in our past for a decade or three.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A quick google search would show that the US has a history of stopping immigration for periods of time.

But Trump wants a high level to enter and he's Satan.

Another point, this is just a bill being proposed. It'll never get past the House so this is just an exercise in hating Trump.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You people do realize they made up this test and it isn't based on what Trump decided. The paper figured three things to be most important education your current job and any awards. This isn't a resume but they built a test treating it like one. This 8snr from the government this is a test they made up

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

OP, I'd like to tell you my situation.

I am a U.S. Citizen, by birth. As WASPY as you could get, even from the midwest. European and American Indian heritage.

Fifteen years ago, I was married to a UK citizen. She was here on a green card. Had a work permit. We were working on getting her permanent citizenship. Sadly though, when she realized that I was horrible, and that the US is horrible, she did the unthinkable. She kidnapped our eight month old daughter and when back in the UK for a family visit that I was working and could not attend, she informed me that she would not be returning. She followed through with the divorce. I was helpless in the situation.

When I looked into my options for moving to the UK if only to be an active part of my daughters life, I discovered that I was offered no special dispensation to become a citizen of the UK/EU. Not even being the father of such a citizen gained me any traction, at all. I actually did consider the idea of going there and staying illegally. It crossed my mind. But, I did not do it. It wouldn't have changed the situation with my daughter, now fourteen, one bit as my ex refuses to allow me to see her or be in contact.

So, there you have it. My ex broke State and Federal kidnapping laws. She also violated a treaty filed in the Hague between the US and the UK preventing such a thing from happening. Will the Dept of State help? SUUUURE....so long as I can have an american attorney and a UK solicitor, they'll be GLAD to help. Great. Wonderful. Monkeys will fly out of my butt as well.

I have ZERO legal right to become a UK citizen. Did I decide to break the law as a result? No.

So, honestly.... I don't care much whether I would be allowed to become a US citizen under Trumps office. Simple fact is, it's afforded me by my status as a natural born American Citizen.

We can hold hands and sing "kumbaya" until we're blue in the face. If you do something illegal just because you're not allowed, guess what.... it's still illegal.

As I've nullified your original question, I'd like to ask that you put yourself in my shoes. Is it right? No.

But it is the reality of the situation we live in.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Or 6.*

*From certain nations.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Don't usually agree with you Byrd but see I certainly would not be allowed in mostly due to age. But my profession has and likely always will need foreign applicants to meet the need in the medical field.

Is there a link to actual requirements?

The article linked to them, yes. Remember that this is the PROPOSED bill. It hasn't made it out of committee yet.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

This is a thing?

Have you won an Olympic medal in the past 8 years?

FFS.

I see they have have kept something for the EB-5 crowd too but they've made it a little more expensive.

I'm three points short. If only I had some money to invest in a condo at one of the Kushner properties.

I'm not sure why the Olympics is in there, but it says something about their focus or their thoughts on what America needs. Or the Nobel Prize. And just because you won that... it doesn't mean you're a good or decent person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join