It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Donald Trump Let YOU Immigrate to the US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
(Disclaimer: no, he wouldn't let ME or my husband immigrate... we each fall 5 points short.)

So TIME magazine ran an interesting feature about the RAISE act (the proposed legislation) and changes that it would make to the immigration policy. As part of this, they went through the RAISE act and quantified it, turning it into a checklist for things that would get you into the country. They used the numerical scoring list and we all took it just for the heck of it.

here it is

I don't qualify. In fact, there's no period of our lives when either my husband or myself would have qualified (after he hit age 45, he was a very highly paid engineer for Raytheon but wasn't quite to the $103,000 mark in salary in the 1990's. One of my classmates went on to be an Olympic athlete...but I'm sure not anywhere in that class.

Personally, I think we should ask our politicians if they qualify. That could be terribly amusing.

So how about it... did you qualify?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sounds like 'the bar' has been raised to an acceptable level.

Personal to Byrd-Brains: If the decision were mine, I'd let you stay.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well according to this if I was not who I am, and I was in fact a foreigner to this country I would not. I am 26, I have a High School Diploma with some college completed, I have a job but I get 0 points as it doesn't pay nearly 70 so thousand, and I'm not a nobel winner or a gold medalist.... and I don't have millions in foreign currency. I'm SOL.............

-Alee

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

So you actually think that "Quiz" in the article is going to be the "Guidelines".

No wonder.

Hardy Har Har.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Don't usually agree with you Byrd but see I certainly would not be allowed in mostly due to age. But my profession has and likely always will need foreign applicants to meet the need in the medical field.

Is there a link to actual requirements?
edit on 7-8-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I wouldn't.

I have no problem with that.

I also wouldn't have been allowed under Bill Clintons proposed plan, or welcomed into Australia, or Canada under their systems, but I don't remember them being called evil for it.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Well according to this if I was not who I am, and I was in fact a foreigner to this country I would not. I am 26, I have a High School Diploma with some college completed, I have a job but I get 0 points as it doesn't pay nearly 70 so thousand, and I'm not a nobel winner or a gold medalist.... and I don't have millions in foreign currency. I'm SOL.............

-Alee

Us poor folk without masters degrees or Olympic medals are just SOL, aren't we?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Husband could qualify with his work experience. Most jobs he qualifies for in this country put him well over the threshold on salary, but only if he leaves the company. However, if he were coming in from abroad as a corporate transfer, I assume the company would be going to bat to try to transfer him in and that would be under different rules than pure immigrant.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I missed the question about being a licenced "Limo" driver.

For the "You Know Who" crowd.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Good. Our average citizens shouldn't have to be worried about being replaced by average foreign people. Immigration should be about helping Americans, not helping foreigners.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Not me.
I don't mind though.
Two of my sisters already live there so it makes my life much quieter so it has its benefits.

Also, I wouldn't leave the UK for anything.

Edit adding my agreement to TruMcarthys sentiment above. How it should be.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If you can't get into the US, maybe you should try Canada?

Oh, wait... Canada has had a strict merit-based immigration system for decades. Wealthy American's can't even get in.

Dear Americans: moving to Canada is hard

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

This is a thing?

Have you won an Olympic medal in the past 8 years?

FFS.

I see they have have kept something for the EB-5 crowd too but they've made it a little more expensive.

I'm three points short. If only I had some money to invest in a condo at one of the Kushner properties.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm curious.
How many other country's would let me immigrate to their country?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'm curious.
How many other country's would let me immigrate to their country?

Somalia is 100% "Voluntary".

Maybe Laos too.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well there's one sure fire way to get into the United States: marry Donald Trump.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Apparently, Trump wouldn't qualify to immigrate to America under his own proposed system.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Well there's one sure fire way to get into the United States: marry Donald Trump.

Or sign on with "Trump Modeling Agency"

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You do qualify. You are a natural born citizen.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Or be from Pakistan and be willing to work with Democrats as an IT guy for millions of dollars to break laws and blackmail members of congress.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join