It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dummy accounts for Gloria Allred? wikileaks and somebody named DWS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
New # just went up!
#DummyAccounts
twitter.com...

A whole new meaning for "Dumbie" accounts.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

One of the proposed dummy accounts was for Tina Tchen who was Cheif of Staff for Michelle Obama.

That's not what I got out of it all. There's nobody asking for a "dummy" account for Tina Tchen. Where Tina Tchen comes in is that her name is mentioned in two fundraising email blasts:

For the invite you just sent me (Robbie Kaplan Blast language), you have to remove Tina Tchen’s name because there is a hard ask in the e-mail (“help raise much-needed funds”) and WH officials covered by the Hatch Act cannot engage in soliciting funds. For the e-mail blast from yesterday (Gloria Allred Blast language), you can include Tina’s name. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Her name can't be mentioned in the email because the text "help raise much-needed funds" is a "hard ask" and that would be a violation of the Hatch Act. So the text for the one from "Gloria Allred" is fine but she has to be removed from the text of the other blast (Robbie Kaplan I think it was?).

What I'm curious to know though is what the "dummy" accounts are about. Clearly from context, these are accounts from which the blasts are to originate. The question is whether these people gave their permission to have their names used. If they did, "dummy account" is really just a poor description for a mailbox/alias that will be used expressly for sending the email blasts.

If these people didn't give their permission, that would be unethical.

Yea, the Hatch Act isn't really one of those "laws" that are important, more of a "guideline", those kind of laws are easy to skirt around and therefore, not something to worry about. Perhaps later, the left will produce a list of Laws that should be enforced. What a nice show of support from you.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join