It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. May Begin Airstrikes Against ISIS in Philippines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ok, I most be very behind in recent news, but darn how in the hell did ISIS got in the Philippines

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Muslim extremist groups have been fighting in the Southern Philippines for many years. Abu Sayyaf is the main group, but other groups have provided support to them, both in terms of training, and in sending fighters.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Even Filipinos can't travel there, been like that a long time. My wife's father has to go for business. He needs guards and a very strict curfew to stay safe. He's Filipino.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, I am very surprised to know this things now, I know Isis has been recruiting all over but darn in the Philippines now fighting?, is hard to take that one.

Specially when I was in Hawaii when the Marcos where all over the news and moving to Oahu.

Is been a long, long time.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Every once in awhile something happens in Manila, but that's extremely rare. It's pretty much concentrated on Mindanao, so it's ignored a lot unless something pretty significant happens.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Usually the only time you hear about it are the rare cases of things happening in Manila or the times some stupid white person travels to Mindanao and gets kidnapped.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
True, their equipment is extremely dated. However, I read that their actual infantry training is ok. Or basically, I dont think they would get humiliated the way the Saudi coalition is daily humiliated by the Yemeni armed forces and the Houthi rebels even with top notch gear sold to them by Canada, USA, UK and others.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
HEY now ,THERE is CLEVER excuse to open Clark AFB again....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join