It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we wean Elon Musk off government support already? (opinioin piece)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Tesla Powered Mercedes B Class

Example of how Tesla is moving the technology forward.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hitparader

Looks more like Mercedes playing catch up. The B-class was a pathetic "compliance car," in the same league as the i-Miev. They didn't actually want you to buy one; they just needed to have it available.

With them buying the drivetrain from Tesla, the newer B-class will almost certainly be priced out of the low-end segment, so it'll still be a compliance car. (Especially if it still looks like that lame Ford Focus ripoff.)
edit on 8-8-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I have to agree with you that the aesthetics aren't there in many of the other production EVs. Hopefully in time, we will see a more modern car representation emerge from these other manufacturers.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hitparader

There seems to be a certain aesthetic for EV's that they mostly look like small hatchbacks, and I honestly think that's one of the key factors holding back their acceptance. Make the damn car look like something people want to drive.

Of course, auto designers are as prone to groupthink as everyone else. Remember a few years ago, when seemingly every Japanese auto designer forgot how to draw curves? We got an entire genre of boxy abominations like the Nissan Soul and the Scion xB. They looked like cars from a 1980's video game.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Why? So the US can buy more war instead?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join