It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could solve one of the great mysteries of our time, which would it be and why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The secret of the Oak Island Treasure. How can your soul rest without that knowledge?!

Zip

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
Hmmm interesting question - there are so many.
1) What really happened to make the Red Sea part?
2) What really happened when Jesus was on the Cross?
3) What are the mysterious objects that so resemble UFO's carved in ancient stone?
4) How did the Egyptions carve the tombs in the Valley of The Kings in solid rock - hundreds of feet into the mountains without the aids of light - to my knowledge there is no soot on the ceilings which means no torches.

I think i could answer your fourth question, I heard that egyptian were pretty advance than we had previously thought, some people believe egyptian were the first to invented lightbulb or flashlight, and use electricity, though probably low powered, oh high, i dont know heres a link:

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The vases from ancient Egypt that are carved from very hard alabaster and similar stone are very puzzling. The long, narrow necks, and fully carved out, round hollow bodies are very hard achievements to explain. Even now, such a task would be very tough.
The megalithic structures around the world that contain stones weighing hundreds of tons, fit together so well that mortar was not needed. Somehow the ancients on opposite sides of the globe joined their stones in the same manner, which is noteworthy for its ability to withstand earthquakes that would destroy walls using stones of the same size.
Ed Leedskalnin's Coral Castles in Florida is another. Especially the revolving door stone. How did he manage to drill such a long hole through that huge stone, in the exact spot so it would be able to be balanced so perfectly that one finger could rotate it?

The ancient, longitudinally correct maps is another mystery worth finding an answer to.

My personal choice as the one (if this can be counted as one), I would like to know is how, when, by whom, and why was the great pyramid of Giza built? If that is more than one, then why was it built is my choice.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
been there, Really is something that leaves u mystified.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'd want to know to law of the universe, that, when applied, could solve everything!

Mebbe there isn't one *sniff*

Then I'd wanna know how to grant my own wishes!

Kushi_Master its a face!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Why are hot dogs sold in packages of 10, and hot dog buns sold in packages of 8...?
. We have crakced the atom, discovered secrets of Nature, taken pictures of Stars at the relative beginning of the Universe...and yet we cannot sell buns and dogs in equally numbered packages.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
actually the first spark plug..or what we think to be a sparkplug is 500,000 yrs old

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
hmmm i would like to find out

1) Who created human, and why? What for?
2) Are there aliens ?
3) What happened after we died? Do we got transported to our creator?
4) What is the far end of the galaxy?
5) when is the ultimate doom of human kind?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wait hotdogs are sold in ten, since when?

I fI could solve one thing it would be cough*how to enslave the humans* cough cough, I really must have that cough checked out, anyway I would choose Atlantis, simply because I love everything about it.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It would have to be the whole religion thing. Whos right and whos wrong.

I think that would be the most important discovery since fire or the internet

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think the greatest mystery of our time is:

why people believe in lots of unproved things and at the same time refuse to believe in other things.

But I think that it is better not to solve this mystery, the advertising agencies would use it to make us believe in anything they wanted.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I would solve the mystery of where one of my socks goes when i put it in the dryer. Whats up with that

Virtually unsolvable my friend, I've spent countless hours out of my
life on that one.

The Truth behind the JFK assination.

I would also have to go along with Amuk, the whole religion thing
is a true mystery I would like to see solved once and for all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join