It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could solve one of the great mysteries of our time, which would it be and why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Atlantis,Pyramids, colony at roanoke???? I personally think Atlantis would be our greatest find if it hasnt been found yet. We could learn from their mistakes and not repeat them with ourselves. If they were advanced as we think they are, they would have to hada hand in their own demise. Are their any other less known mysteries u would solve, maybe the nazca plains? Please feel free to sound off and voice your opinion.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
All of them....Atlantis, yes. But what if it doesnt exist ? then would be kinda a waste.

One question is though, if you could know the meaning of life would you want to find that out ?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hmmm interesting question - there are so many.
1) What really happened to make the Red Sea part?
2) What really happened when Jesus was on the Cross?
3) What are the mysterious objects that so resemble UFO's carved in ancient stone?
4) How did the Egyptions carve the tombs in the Valley of The Kings in solid rock - hundreds of feet into the mountains without the aids of light - to my knowledge there is no soot on the ceilings which means no torches.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I didnt mean to limit it to the topics i listed, i wanted to leave it open to any.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'd like to know who built the pyramids and why. I think that's the key to understanding our past and maybe even our future. Is it just good old fashioned human ingenuity or a relic of an alien civilization, and are we those aliens?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
4) How did the Egyptions carve the tombs in the Valley of The Kings in solid rock - hundreds of feet into the mountains without the aids of light - to my knowledge there is no soot on the ceilings which means no torches.

I think the theory is that they used mirrors to get the light in there.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I also really believe that theory made popular by the mummy movie.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
I'd like to know who built the pyramids and why. I think that's the key to understanding our past and maybe even our future. Is it just good old fashioned human ingenuity or a relic of an alien civilization, and are we those aliens?

I'm with mythatsabigprobe. Lately the pyramids(all of them) have been in my interest.
Perhaps in the future this might change and I would like to solve a different mystery like the caramilk bar mystery.
Truly I think unlocking the mystery of the pyramids may solve many mysteries. From Atlantis to Aliens to religion.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I think the theory is that they used mirrors to get the light in there.

I've actually heard the hypothesis as well, but I would still like to know for sure. Those tombs are amazingly ornate and detailed. Here are a couple of interesting links. I am just as enthralled with these tombs as i am about the Pyramids.

www.crystalinks.com...

members.aol.com...

members.aol.com...

It would take an awful lot of mirrors to get the light into the far reaches of these tombs.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
1. I agree, the pyramids. Somethings in 'em and I want to know what it is.
2. Is Elvis really dead? Just because I'm a hunka hunka burnin' love.
3. What's with the Bermuda triangle? Somethings gotta be going on.
4. Bigfoot/Abominable Snowman, are they real? I've seen some good evidence.
5. Aliens/UFOs, are they real? I believe, and I'm ready to get this party started!!

That's just off the top of my head.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Anyone think that the bermuda triangle haws something to do with Atlanitis? I have hear that bimini road is not far from the triangle. Could it be a system of protecting their position so as to not be discovered? Maybe taking people who wander too far and assimilating them? your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
none of them ! because as soon as you solve the mystery, it becomes just another boring fact, and the thrill is gone....

the pyramids would become like the eiffel tower
atlantis would just be another pompeii

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
...the pyramids would become like the eiffel tower

As far as I'm concerned, they're already like the Eiffel Tower, that's the big joke you see. Most of humanity doesn't recognize their possible importance to all of mankind. Governments are protecting what's inside and under them, that's for sure.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Now the question should be which one would be the most feasible to be solved in our lifetime?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
One of the great mysteries? Like metaphysics or 'why is there something rather than nothing"?

But no you must mean ancient and lost civilizations.

Intersting question.

I'd like to have more concrete answers on prehistoric societies and how they spread and resulted in the immeadiately pre-'historic' socieities.

Like who were the people making harrapa or where'd the sumerians come from what were the basque doing whats the details of the spread of the indo-european language, the large scale movements of groups of people across the globe and their cultures and languages, that sort of thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogger26
Are their any other less known mysteries u would solve, maybe the nazca plains? Please feel free to sound off and voice your opinion.

If I could solve ANY one mystery, it would be "willful ignorance".
To me, that is the greatest mystery of all.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
"Atlantis" was not as evolved as us. The pyramids are really that interesting. I think its more like a civilization with lots and lots of people, with nothing but time on their hands. Bigfoot? Its possible, but whats the point? Gorrilas in America. Not really a big deal.

The 2 things i would want to see solved are (in order): What happend in New Mexico. What is really going on in area 51, and JFK. Who and why. That would shut me up.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogger26
Atlantis,Pyramids, colony at roanoke???? I personally think Atlantis would be our greatest find if it hasnt been found yet. We could learn from their mistakes and not repeat them with ourselves. If they were advanced as we think they are, they would have to hada hand in their own demise. Are their any other less known mysteries u would solve, maybe the nazca plains? Please feel free to sound off and voice your opinion.

If I only had the choice to solve one mystery, I think I would choose to solve they mysteries of the Bible. That would pretty much solve the rest.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I would solve the mystery of where one of my socks goes when i put it in the dryer. Whats up with that

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Antigravity.

Solve this, and you have the Universe. Hey, that's what brought me to ATS in the beginning! I almost forgot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join