It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with USA - Temporary Work Visa's (from Canada)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey there, folks!

I have a friend in the states that's offering me a position in his company (which he plans on expanding internationally, to Canada). I've been looking through a number of government websites regarding work visa's, and it looks like his company will have to apply for my Temporary Work Visa for me.

I'm curious to see how many people here have entered the US for work purposes (preferably from Canada), just to see what I can expect with the application. Time until it's approved/denied, things I can do that could help my approval short of getting more experience in the field, so on and so forth.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just come here illegally, its encouraged, just be sure not to assimilate! Seriously though, I I wish I lived there, Canada that is. a reply to: Ghost147

edit on 7-8-2017 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What field are you going into?a reply to: Ghost147

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well, Banana man can take your seat over there I guess. We love working people from other countries here. The bums and asshole refugees suck. Including internal refugees, like when Katrina hit. I would have happily drove a bus back to N'awlens around the clock.
Not sure on the visa other than it's done all the time. Mexico has a bridge you just check in and out of walking across. Kinda weird, I don't understand those that swim the Rio Grande. Maybe it's different from the Mexican side.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I remember seeing this poster at the Canada/usa checkpoint that said something about the riots in Vancouver if I recall right, anyway it had the pictures of about 50 different faces and it said something like these were the culprits, do you see what they have in common, they are all American duhdudduh!!! Anyway I thought it was funny because I thought Canada thinks Americans are assholes, which most are, and that they didn't want us there.reply to: TexasTruth

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
What field are you going into?a reply to: Ghost147

Business management. Which unfortunately may not be as specialized as the visa's seem to want. So I'm a bit nurvious I may not qualify

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

We have Ford Motor Comp employees that live here in Michigan and work the line everyday at the Ford-Windsor Plant across into Canada. Seems pretty easy.....

PS To add---they live here and work there...and I know a few Canadians work here and go back into Canada home every workday too.
Search it out! Good luck
edit on 7-8-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Hey there, folks!

I have a friend in the states that's offering me a position in his company (which he plans on expanding internationally, to Canada). I've been looking through a number of government websites regarding work visa's, and it looks like his company will have to apply for my Temporary Work Visa for me.

I'm curious to see how many people here have entered the US for work purposes (preferably from Canada), just to see what I can expect with the application. Time until it's approved/denied, things I can do that could help my approval short of getting more experience in the field, so on and so forth.

The Canadian situation is unique in that it's at the Canadian gov't's behest that green cards and work permits are delayed and even never issued for some. It is a decades long brain drain from doctors down to truckers. It can be done, but for some it can take years.

new topics

top topics

join