It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air India vs FAA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: F4guy

This was an over-reaction on the part of the FAA, unless Air India has been in violation of these standards on multiple occasions...have they?

Air India has a long history of safety deficiencies, probably party related to the laxity of India's air safety regulatory scheme. It was only 2 years ago that the DGCA of India was finally certified as meeting IICAO standards, and the FAA only signed off with 4 conditions relating to safety recertification. There is no public record of Air India meeting even 1 of the conditions. Air India crashes have resulted in more than 500 fatalities. The last non-fatal crash occurred when a fauly part caused a 747 engine to fall off the wing, causing a fire which destroyed the aircraft. It happened on landing so the passengers could eacuate. During my flying career I have had the occasion to work on contract for several Asian carriers.JAL is great but a lot of the others, not so much. Cockpit Ressource Management can be non-existant and there appears to be a culture of deferring to management on all issues, even those relating to safety. An example is Asiana 162, 214, 731, and 991. Or the 11 KAL crashes.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

While technically FAA was correct in pointing out the missing TSO tags, we told them that new seat belts have been ordered and the old ones will be replaced very soon.

That says it all. I wonder how soon is soon? Could it have been going on for months maybe?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
My big problem with the FAA is their lack of consistency.

I agree but a violation is a violation. I'm betting it was a tip off from a disgruntled employee recently fired or otherwise.

Ive had them pick through our King Air before...........

new topics

<< 1   >>

join