It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proctor and gamble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hey Ats. Saw this video being spoken about on the news. Give a watch and share your thoughts.

www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/inspired-life/wp/2017/08/04/you-are-not-going-to-let-that-word-hurt-you-proctor-gamble-ad-tak ing-on-racism-is-met-with-praise-and-outrage/

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wonder what they think about this video??

Same basic ideas right?? Black Power, White Power, Brown Power, Yellow Power....

Why isn't it just human power??

Both these videos divide....just in different ways.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hey OP...how about you give us your thoughts first. I mean, you are in charge of this thread so let`s hear you out!

Personally...did I miss the soap bar anywhere in the video?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Not hard to understand!

edit on 7-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
P & G is just looking for publicity and to show what SJWs they are-so above us white people.

Well, this is economics. If they want to portray more than 60% of their customers as racist, there are plenty of other companies products that make the same soap we can buy-I don't care to help promote more racism-like Obama did.

Thanks for the heads up-going shopping tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Regardless of ATS member opinion on this video (which will undoubtedly be overwhelmingly negative), it portrays a very real conversation my friends have had to have with their kids.

I remember the first time a friend told me about talking to her son about this and the fact it was necessary had a huge impact on me and I hope this ad does, too, with other people.

If PSA thingies have to come from cold, heartless pharmaceutical giants, I'll take it. Maybe they are trying to improve their karma.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Abysha because: Goddamn me...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I can understand the reason for the video. But i also think that there needs to be more of a macro view on racism.

Also i know procter is spelled wrong.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Somethingsamiss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
P&G sells a lot of product to African Americans. When it comes to beauty products, no blacks do not necessarily use the same products as whites. Our skin and hair needs are different hence the "my black is beautiful" campaign. P&G understands this. They've long viewed the african-american market as valuable.

Every African-American family has had these kinds of "talks" before. It is only controversial to whites who maybe are shocked black families have these conversations.

I can argue maybe the videos went a little too far, but at the same time being black myself, I also understand. Personally, I would have stopped with the little girl at the beginning who was clearly having the talk about hair, skin color, etc. Going into how to respond when cops pull you over really isn't relevant imho.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sorry ... Did I miss something?

What is the product being advertised

Or is this simply a 'soft' information policy type of thing? pushing diversity?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

First, all parent should talk with their kids about how to act around police.

But I wonder if there is also a talk to let black kids no that they are much more likely to be murdered by black people, and how to act around them?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SomethingsamissMy take on his particular commercial, nothing outrageous.
That being said remember what it is referred to as.....A commercial.

It was produced for the sole purpose of selling product and making money,
As cynical as that may sound I feel, deep inside you must all know the truth in this.

Corporations are in the business of profit. Endearing a group of new prospective customers (probably discovered via market research) through a sappy family piece playing on racial fears of police violence and white bigotry seems right for times.

new topics

top topics

join