It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian teen's feet, legs bloodied by mystery sea creatures

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Heh, Earth is readying bio-weapons against the aggressors. Be ready for clouds of razor toothed insects roaming the suburbs and little fishies who can strip the meat from bone in seconds.

FUN times!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Don't know why they are calling them sea fleas...they are bloody sea lice.....and they bite living things all the time.....just not usually this severely. Must have been a wild pack of lice....as hungry as a dingo near a baby.

In all seriousness.....they are sea lice. Google it.
edit on 7-8-2017 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I hope so....about time mother earth showed us who really rules the roost.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

Don't know why they are calling them sea fleas...they are bloody sea lice.....and they bite living things all the time.....just not usually this severely. Must have been a wild pack of lice....as hungry as a dingo near a baby.

In all seriousness.....they are sea lice. Google it.

News sells better and faster when it's mysterious .

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

Don't know why they are calling them sea fleas.....they are sea lice. Google it.

I took your advice and googled it and there is a difference between sea flea's and sea lice. In this incident it was sea fleas as determined by Museum marine scientist Dr Genefor  Walker-Smith.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
His toes are ok and looks like its just affected on top of his feet and round his ankles. Odd.

Not really, think about your feet in the sand at the beach, parts of your feet are submerged, and the longer i stand there the lower i goooooo

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Freaky case! If it's actually something so common, why hasn't anyone seen a case like this before? If it's new behavior, then why? If it's something else, what???

Very creepy! Hope he recovers fully, with no complications.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

From what I've heard, Sea Lice bites usually just leave itchy bumps, but since this kid was standing near a rotting fish, which Sea Lice feed on, for a little while, it was worst than usual.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Saw this kid on tv yesterday.
He said his feet were so cold that he didn't even feel it at all. Not until his feet warmed up later, after he got home, then it started to hurt!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just been looking for info on how this lad, Sam, was doing with his recovery. No news news from what i could find, but i did find a photo that wasnt seen here at the time that we wanted to see, and thats the cleaned up feet. From this article

There is also a bit more background story about the incedent:

"Sam Kanizay’s legs felt sore after playing a game of football on Saturday, so he decided to soak them at the beach. About 30 minutes later, the 16-year-old walked out of the water with his feet and ankles covered in what looked like hundreds of little pin holes that were bleeding profusely. Upon returning home, his parents promptly took him to the hospital."

I'm thinking he had a rash (hives rash or sweat rash whatever), scratched it or continual rubbing from socks to make it weep or start to weep/bleed, then the critters were in the right place for some feasting.

Thing is though, he cant be the only 16 year old to play football and then dip his sore and sweaty feet in the sea, so why hasnt it happened before, and might we see it again soon?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grik123
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

From what I've heard, Sea Lice bites usually just leave itchy bumps, but since this kid was standing near a rotting fish, which Sea Lice feed on, for a little while, it was worst than usual.

Possible, I suppose, but still pretty freaky. Bloodied by something he couldn't even see....the ocean is not a friendly place! Reminds me of those teeny jellyfish that can kill unseen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join