It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This video pulled me out of the matrix

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That is really not the only power we have, we have each other, we have the freedom to exchange ideas and band together and make change not though policy but though open dialogue and changing our view points and avoiding propaganda and coming to our own unadulterated truths.a reply to: crayzeed

edit on 7-8-2017 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
How is that right that people are getting censored for videos like this? Nore of his videos promote disobedience, just philosophy. What gives? a reply to: Tulpa

You tube seem to be more left leaning in their views these days so a lot of people are getting their platform pulled.
Some, possibly, deservedly. Some not so deservedly and some may just end up getting caught in the middle.
A few folk are not too happy about it but there's not a great deal that can be done apart from finding alternatives.
Its been pointed out that they're a private company and free to do as they wish but I suspect they may live to regret it if all the most popular people object and find a new platform.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If ticking a box every few years is the only chance anyone has of changing anything then the system is irrevocably broken and not worth participating in, let alone legitimising through active consent.

I can't think of a single government since I became old enough to vote that has improved my life in any tangible way: I see the spending power of the money I earn rapidly dwindle, services diminish and wealth being systematically aggregated by the already wealthy.

Policy is formulated around lobbyists, donors, think tanks and corporate consultants to benefit them. Policy aimed at the electorate is just a vapid sales pitch to be reneged on once they get to be the new poster boys of the franchise, backed up by endless excuses and spin with juggled figures to give the illusion of success. Every time a new beacon of hope is rolled out for the suckers to buy into, promising change and the masses continue to buy into it like an abused girlfriend that keeps taking their man back because this time it'll be different.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Listen, don't vote then. Even if you don't vote you will still get the same crap people, they'll still crap on you from a height.
You don't step out of the world just because you don't vote. And I'll say again if you don't vote they wont give a damn, really they would like you not to vote that makes it easier for them to remain in power.
The ONLY power you've got is the vote and you want to give that up for your pride, to make you feel good. "Oh I didn't vote so I can't be blamed for the crap". Well Me and thousands of others WILL blame you for not giving our votes a chance to count.

You're not making any sense.

My choosing not to vote for a scumbag doesn't make your vote not count. The two party monopoly and msm collusion makes your vote not count.

You can blame me if it makes you feel better. But I didn't vote for the scumbags, you did.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Refusing clients due to your company's political stance always works out great.[sarc]a reply to: Tulpa

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You are missing the point completely, it's not about making a difference or not making a difference, it was not just about voting, it's about not participating (as much as we can)in a culture that centers itself on violence, and that it doesn't matter because the system will not change, we have to change,to create change it's going to take us spreading our own truths and integrity to create changes, no amount of voting will change the fact that we are human livestock. a reply to: watchitburn

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Exactly the point! But there's hope, the one thing we can't do is give up, and become Sweden. The canary in the coal mine.a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter
I agree it's not the only power you have, but you can have your ideas, your view points and your unadulterated truths. THEN WHAT. They don't give a damn about your group. So how do you actually, truthfully go about change the status quo?
If you get a big enough following you will be classed as a political party or a rebel group. They in lies your other power. If you get enough people involved you could take up arms and revolt to change the system.
There are ONLY two choices, the ballot box or the gun. All other power is illusory.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If there is a revolution, it will be a peaceful one, I am not saying I am trying to start one , or promote any kind of disobedience or radicalism or violence, or overthrow the government. only to say, use your mind for good, get off of twitter, talk to people, make them understand why it's important to be ethical and have integrity and to band together and make things better. if you have a idea powerful enough to change everyone's mind then there is no stopping that, good always prevails, when the ruling class becomes to small and too powerful it toppels, history had shown us that time and time again, the next time it happens it will be interesting to see it topple with no violence, but more of I quiet exchange of thought and a shift in consciousness. I say it will be a revolution of rational thought. reply to: crayzeed

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: crayzeed

But, I look at it this way.
Why should I have to choose "a lesser evil"? If I have no confidence in any of the candidates on the ballot, why would I compromise my values and integrity to cast a vote for someone who I may dislike less but still don't trust to do the right thing?

Politics lives to bring out the deepest evils in each candidate. Even the squeakiest clean candidate can be made to look like an untrustworthy mook with the right inflection. Plus we are all "evil" to some degree. So literally any choice you could ever make will always be the "lesser of two evils". That reality is a totality. And by doing that you justify your poor decision to not vote.

Why should you have to choose "a lesser evil"? Well you could always look at it this way, at least you get the option TO choose. Your options may suck but its better than not having the choice at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Damn Plato and Aristotle for filling his head with the programming if rational thought and the true laws of ethics! a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

This is what it is and what may be in store for the future ...choose carefully because it will effect you and your loved ones most of all

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Or maybe, just maybe...if a person keeps trying to dine at the only restaurant in town but all they ever have on the menu is the same old soggy sh!t sandwiches...that person might just decide to save time and energy and simply dine at home. I personally don't care for sh!t sandwiches; therefore I've never cared to dine at that particular restaurant, and I likely never will.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Its good to see that not only older folk understand the political situation we are in but the younger pups do too . The great thing is they have the energy to shift this train wreck into a more conducive future

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Anti-American Apathy brought to you by a Non-American who derides 300 years of an experiment in freedom by destroying the dictatorship known as Kingship?

What needs to happen is action not Apathy not voting is exactly why countries are finally run by dictators, kings, drug lords, and corrupt Presidents. Apathy is not an answer, inaction is a choice! You are choosing to let your future be decided by the politicians who actually LOVE that you do not stand up, that you do not vote! It is sense and reason to make known you will not just consciously object, that you will take back what you gave them by force if needed...

But not voting you might as well go fold your arms and pout about your candy being taken away from you, because everyday you bring candy and CHOOSE not to speak up! CHOOSE not to fight back! That is another day you will be stripped until there is nothing left to take.
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 07 Aug 2017 16:11:58 -0500pm4America/Chicago by abeverage because: pouting

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I always confuse that guy with Peter Molyneux.

Another blowhard who promises more than he delivers.

But at least Peter's failures have better computer graphics.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Just going to add that Jordan Peterson has 246 full videos on his channel at the moment and a few hundred short clips. Probably countless other contributions on other peoples channels, too.
Over 370,000 subscribers if you tubes figures can be trusted (hint- they can't) so that's a big chunk of content just from one guy.

I can't imagine the amount of quality content that's at risk of being sidelined. I don't really subscribe to many channels but I'm sure you tube will suffer if they get too heavy handed.
To be honest, I can't really think of anyone worth watching who isn't under threat.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
well .. i'm disappointed. Thought this was going to be about questioning the very nature of reality.. it's just another rant about social programming.. ?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Definitely not his best video but for those who haven't seen him before it might make them look him up.

Better than some. Kind of reminds me of Max Headroom sometimes.

edit on 7-8-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Sigh....

Can we get a synopsis on what the **** this video is about?

I wasted a full two minutes skipping through, five minutes into the video (that's over 30% of the full length) I heard him say "that's what I'm going to try and explain in this video" and I shut it off.

His video is about as well put together as your post.

They (the government) milk you (the tax payer) for money to bribe their friends and kill their enemies. And all you do is vote back and forth for which side is going to offer you the most amount of pitiful scraps of what's left of what they have stolen from you.

Have some decency and stop begging for what's already rightfully yours by voting. DON'T VOTE.

That's the gist of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join