It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This video pulled me out of the matrix

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have been recently very interested in what this guy Stefan Molyneux Has to say. He has been around for quite a while although I just got unlimited data on my phone.

Anyway this video is one of the most powerful things I have ever heard, I am hooked on this guy, I especially like his idea on a anarchist free market society.

I can't seem to imbed using my phone, the button is gone? I'll post the link and if someone could imbed that would be awesome!

m.youtube.com...

What are your thoughts ats?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
I have been recently very interested in what this guy Stefan Molyneux Has to say. He has been around for quite a while although I just got unlimited data on my phone.

Anyway this video is one of the most powerful things I have ever heard, I am hooked on this guy, I especially like his idea on a anarchist free market society.

I can't seem to imbed using my phone, the button is gone? I'll post the link and if someone could imbed that would be awesome!

m.youtube.com...

What are your thoughts ats?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Thanks smurfy a reply to: smurfy

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Cant say I agree with everything he says (I've watched a lot) in his videos but he is pretty smart and a lot more eloquent than many you tubers.
You might also like Jordan B Peterson.
He's doing a series on the origins of religious thought and mythology that I've just started.

Another good one is philosophy insights which features short videos by various smarty-pants folk talking about different subjects. You might not like them all but they're short so...

Stefan is one of the people currently threatened with being sidelined by you tube so I'm guessing he's on to something!

Make the most of it before he's censored altogether.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Sigh....

Can we get a synopsis on what the **** this video is about?

I wasted a full two minutes skipping through, five minutes into the video (that's over 30% of the full length) I heard him say "that's what I'm going to try and explain in this video" and I shut it off.

His video is about as well put together as your post.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I really, really cannot believe such outright BS coming from this mans mouth. Listen very, very carefully what I am about to tell you about voting. Any voting, local or national.
Oh, you can think that not voting is a protest or it assuages your pride, but not voting is one of the most stupidest things ever. Firstly a lot of people DIED for you to have the right to vote.
Right, now the nitty gritty. You think if you don't vote it will be recorded somewhere as an objection. It wont.
If there are 10,000,000 people that can vote and 9,000,000,000 don't vote it makes not the slightest bit of difference.
If only 3 people voted it would carry the vote. Now let that sink in.
Just because the person you voted for doesn't get in is no reason not to vote. Ok, say the only choice of people to vote for are rotten then it's up to you to find some-one who is responsible to stand. Don't say that's impossible, it's not, if you believe that then you have just given up and lost the only chance you have of changing things.

edit on 7-8-2017 by crayzeed because: change word

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Not voting is an objection. How it is counted isn't the point. I don't buy from Walmart. That is an objection. It doesn't put Walmart out of business but it keeps me from participating. I personally don't go with the lesser of two evils approach.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Dude should stick to taking his meds.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I understand you're position and why many feel the same way as you.

But, I look at it this way.
Why should I have to choose "a lesser evil"? If I have no confidence in any of the candidates on the ballot, why would I compromise my values and integrity to cast a vote for someone who I may dislike less but still don't trust to do the right thing?

I refuse to lower my standards just so I can say I participated in a nationwide scam that's rigged from both ends.

Oh vote 3rd party you say? Gary Johnson has had the 3rd most votes in the last two presidential elections and still hasn't gotten more than 1%. But more importantly he showed that he's nothing more than bought and paid for controlled opposition.

The sh!t show he and Jill Stein but on last year set 3rd parties back a decade.

So pardon me if I refuse to ask to be crapped on.

Now, with that said. Voting in local and State elections is important and much more likely to produce favorable results and enact productive changes. I encourage everyone to be more active in their local elections.

But as far as the national elections? It's nothing more than bread and circuses.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TacticalStats

Not voting is an objection. How it is counted isn't the point. I don't buy from Walmart. That is an objection. It doesn't put Walmart out of business but it keeps me from participating. I personally don't go with the lesser of two evils approach.

Why do people think it's the "lesser of 2 evils"
Go vote, and pull a lever for a third party candidate. That's making a point!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Cant say I agree with everything he says (I've watched a lot) in his videos but he is pretty smart and a lot more eloquent than many you tubers.
You might also like Jordan B Peterson.
He's doing a series on the origins of religious thought and mythology that I've just started.

Another good one is philosophy insights which features short videos by various smarty-pants folk talking about different subjects. You might not like them all but they're short so...

Stefan is one of the people currently threatened with being sidelined by you tube so I'm guessing he's on to something!

Make the most of it before he's censored altogether.

Heard Jordan B Peterson was already sidelined.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

He went from an objective start to blabbering his own opinion and preaching at his viewership.

Candy this candy that...I couldn't stand this guy talking nonsense. Baaaah

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

He vexes me greatly.

I find it unfortunate that a man possessed of significant wit, has none the less found himself unable to fight off the programming he has been afflicted with, unable to put down his hatred for those who are not like unto him, according to his narrow world view.

He speaks well, has fluence, but his positions are, at their core, rooted in distrust and dislike of the "other". All persons who fall into that trap, are, though it pains me greatly to say it, the problem with the world, not the solution to it.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well what else is he going to talk about? The whole point of watching the video was to hear the mans opinion, what were you expecting a bed time story?

Let me ask you this? if you were in hell but it felt like heaven, would you want to know you were in hell? I think you would not, because if you believe anything your government is doing for you is in your best interest, it's not, it's just for more power and control. a reply to: Skywatcher2011

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Sorry for the lazy post, i only have a phone for internet right know and it's a chore. At least hear the man out, he uses a lot of parables to set up his ideas, that's kind the point of philosophy, to make a intangible idea tangible. a reply to: lordcomac

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

There was "a bit of blowback" from what I heard so they've repented and he's back.
Don't know how long they'll let him stay.
My guess is that the religion/mythology series will be OK but his anti SJW stuff may get sidelined.
He's got a few good ones up which are other people interviewing him about free speech, funnily enough, and there's a couple about the deconstructionist philosophers/activists and Marxist intellectuals (and the damage they've caused).

I would also recommend the 2003 Reith lectures by Vilayanur Ramachandram. The Emerging Mind. I listened to them first time round but I can listen to him anytime. His books are great, too.
Had to give him a plug here.

edit on 7-8-2017 by Tulpa because: Clarified

edit on 7-8-2017 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TacticalStats

Unlike the US canada has 3 parties to choose from and they are all the same . I say 3 but there are others that are as equally useless imo .I would sooner save the planet from (climate change lol ) and not waste the gas .We have a deep state or shadow Govt. just like all western Governments anyway . Why empower them into thinking I voted for any of them . Hasn't really gone well for Trump ...just saying

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That is kinda of a rude remark to people that have problems, you know kinda like calling something retarded. Just a heads up.a reply to: ZeusAdur0

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
How is that right that people are getting censored for videos like this? Nore of his videos promote disobedience, just philosophy. What gives? a reply to: Tulpa

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Listen, don't vote then. Even if you don't vote you will still get the same crap people, they'll still crap on you from a height.
You don't step out of the world just because you don't vote. And I'll say again if you don't vote they wont give a damn, really they would like you not to vote that makes it easier for them to remain in power.
The ONLY power you've got is the vote and you want to give that up for your pride, to make you feel good. "Oh I didn't vote so I can't be blamed for the crap". Well Me and thousands of others WILL blame you for not giving our votes a chance to count.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join