It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 California counties have more registered voters than voting-age citizens.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
Hasn't this already been debunked? I thought part of the reason was due to folks under 18 who are able to register early and also a large amount of deceased individuals not being taken off the books.

and......apparently this SHOCKING DISCOVERY!!!!.......doesn't take into account people that move from one address, location, town, or state to another......what the hell do you people on the right think?......voters don't go down to the registrars office, cancel their previous voting address, and give their new address....it simply doesn't happen.......

say if someone voted for Hillary last year, and was renting an apartment in L.A. county at the time and that's where they voted....then in January 2017, moved to orange county (next door), or Ventura county (next door) or riverside county (next door) for a new job, family, money problems, etc....all of these counties are connected by side by side neighborhoods, freeways, etc....they could be registered in both counties, and not be aware of it, and/or even bother to cancel their previous location....this is right-wing BS, because this has been happening for decades all across the U.S.....but to all the righties here, California, as well as every blue state, is the enemy of the right......and why is "zerohedge" and "judicial watch" being used as some kind of non-partisan websites????......they are extremist right-wing, go through their back pages and it becomes obvious in no time.
what if all of us lefties started using Noam Chomsky as our non-partisan, factual, go to expert on everything that's wrong with conservative thinking......trumpsters would be apoplectic with rage.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: charolais
Hasn't this already been debunked? I thought part of the reason was due to folks under 18 who are able to register early and also a large amount of deceased individuals not being taken off the books.

and......apparently this SHOCKING DISCOVERY!!!!.......doesn't take into account people that move from one address, location, town, or state to another......what the hell do you people on the right think?......voters don't go down to the registrars office, cancel their previous voting address, and give their new address....it simply doesn't happen.......

say if someone voted for Hillary last year, and was renting an apartment in L.A. county at the time and that's where they voted....then in January 2017, moved to orange county (next door), or Ventura county (next door) or riverside county (next door) for a new job, family, money problems, etc....all of these counties are connected by side by side neighborhoods, freeways, etc....they could be registered in both counties, and not be aware of it, and/or even bother to cancel their previous location....this is right-wing BS, because this has been happening for decades all across the U.S.....but to all the righties here, California, as well as every blue state, is the enemy of the right......and why is "zerohedge" and "judicial watch" being used as some kind of non-partisan websites????......they are extremist right-wing, go through their back pages and it becomes obvious in no time.
what if all of us lefties started using Noam Chomsky as our non-partisan, factual, go to expert on everything that's wrong with conservative thinking......trumpsters would be apoplectic with rage.

Several points.

First, I agree with you that incorrect voter rolls are not proof of vote fraud. But it makes potential fraud easier, and therefore I am sure you agree it is a problem that should be addressed. And yes, I mean in right leaning states too.

Secondly, lets not act like voter fraud doesn't occur. There have been several arrests this year. We have people on the one O'Keefe video admitting that the bus voters from poll to poll. And yet for some reason, some states fight tooth and nail against having any look at potential voter fraud. Why is that?

Lastly, you call outs of conservative sites is funny. You only mention Noam Chomsky on the left; but what about the NYT, the Wash Post, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, or any other of the litany of left wing media ojutlets. I assume you will be calling out any persson who uses them too, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
We have people on the one O'Keefe video admitting that the bus voters from poll to poll.

We're 6 pages in so all the good discussion is already gone and the point about the inaccuracy of the report is moot at this point but I wanted to mention the O'Keefe video is probably fake or falsified.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Judicial Watch has been doing some investigating.

judicial watch also think oral sex cancels out anyone to be president, not exactly a very good source.

Nope, that was sex with a young assistant who worked for the POTUS under the Oval office desk. Way different.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

We have people on the one O'Keefe video admitting that the bus voters from poll to poll.

We're 6 pages in so all the good discussion is already gone and the point about the inaccuracy of the report is moot at this point but I wanted to mention the O'Keefe video is probably fake or falsified.

Rachel Madcow is that you on ATS? Are you serious. If you wanted to know the truth you already would. Okeefe does have the whole unedited video's. Your masters are telling you that because he shortened it he lied. You can't make this stuff up. The people on the tapes did make the statements that Okeefe brought to us/
edit on 9-8-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

So what the frick kind of database do we have that cant correct addresses? Youre telling me the system doesnt require enough information to prove who I am that it cannot tell that i have the same BD, Name, SSN, etc when I move to a different county>? Youre telling me that No one is maintaining or updating the information? Dont we pay people to do just that job? If they cant keep it accurate, they are derelict in their duty.

There is a very good reason for Democrats running these very positions that deal with voters to leave these people on the Rolls. They can just blow it off as, oops we're behind on this, when in reality they have access to a whole list of individuals that they can use to change the outcome and secure their jobs.

When the Democrats started bussing in paid protestors, thats when you realize that theyre willing to spend millions if not billions to illegally change the outcome of elections.

If I put my email in this website twice trying to get a second account and forgot the first, it will tell me, sorry you have already registered, please retrieve your password and log in the old account and update it. How can the most important aspect of our democracy be left to lesser capabilities than a freaking website.

edit on 9-8-2017 by ChrisM101 because: txt

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

You can make this stuff up. I think, of the various videos O'Keefe has release prior to this they were all later proven to be false or highly inaccurate.

He does this every few months. Push out a 'groundbreaking' video with damning evidence, collect a bunch of donations and speakers fees for appearing on various media outlets, watch the subjects of those videos (usually liberal organizations) suffer and squirm and lose funding only to come out later and release the full videos which show nothing of what the original shows.

By that time it's too late, the story is over, the organizations shut down or suffer some funding loss and no one cares anymore. It happened with ACORN and Planned Parenthood.

O'Keefe goads people into saying something dumb and then suggesting this is standard operating procedure for the organization and moves on to the next hit piece.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

O'Keefe is a convicted criminal

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Time to do some serious house cleaning. What would California be like if all of the illegals were removed, I wonder?

I'd sure like to know!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
I just wonder what the national average is for this. It certainly sounds bad, and I do believe that illegal aliens in California voted in the last election. But is this an isolated problem for California? Or are other states in the same mess...more registered voters than voting age citizens? If so, how many and are tjey red or blue states? Or possibly both?

Excellent question. I know this. We live in a red state, and changed our address between the last to elections. All three of us changed our registration at the exact same time, in the DMV, which is the simplest place to get it done. Well, that was quite some time before the election. When we went in to vote, my registration was changed, as it should have been, but both the hubby and our grown son were told theirs was NOT changed. Both had to cast provisional ballots. The comments from the lady at the polling place made it clear they were far from isolated cases, as they'd has many others already, early that morning. Red state, yes, but the town itself is more than a bit liberal. Makes you wonder.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I just wonder what the national average is for this. It certainly sounds bad, and I do believe that illegal aliens in California voted in the last election. But is this an isolated problem for California? Or are other states in the same mess...more registered voters than voting age citizens? If so, how many and are tjey red or blue states? Or possibly both?

Excellent question. I know this. We live in a red state, and changed our address between the last to elections. All three of us changed our registration at the exact same time, in the DMV, which is the simplest place to get it done. Well, that was quite some time before the election. When we went in to vote, my registration was changed, as it should have been, but both the hubby and our grown son were told theirs was NOT changed. Both had to cast provisional ballots. The comments from the lady at the polling place made it clear they were far from isolated cases, as they'd has many others already, early that morning. Red state, yes, but the town itself is more than a bit liberal. Makes you wonder.

Conservatives control about 70 percent of the legislature across the US. So at some point you'd have to look at the real reason both parties want illegals.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Conservatives control about 70 percent of the legislature across the US. So at some point you'd have to look at the real reason both parties want illegals.

I agree with tis. Republicans have paid lip service to contolling immigration, but have done nothing, just like they talked a big game about repealing the ACA, and did nothing.

Many republicans like cheap labor, hence they like illegals. Trump won the primary because he spoke on this issue, which is massively popular among people.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I agree with tis. Republicans have paid lip service to contolling immigration, but have done nothing, just like they talked a big game about repealing the ACA, and did nothing.

Many republicans like cheap labor, hence they like illegals. Trump won the primary because he spoke on this issue, which is massively popular among people.

It's true but it worries me his plan wasn't focused on employers. Those are the real massive cheaters. I would probably swim across the river too if my life sucked and I was guranteed a job and my wife and kids benefits.

I moved down to Texas (from east coast) during a massive boom because they had a massive shortage of carpenters. The solution was apparently to just let in herds of illegals.

Pretty sure Rick perry knew what was going on considering g he lived as governor in a sanctuary city.

Eta..the worst part is just make work visas or let people immigrate to positions you can't fill. That way you aren't competing with jobs and exploited wages of Americans.
edit on 9-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Definitely! Up till the current administration, none of them anted to really fix the border and illegal issues!

Globalism, I suspect, is the key.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Why do you think Trump wants to fix illegal immigtation?

He certainly isn't going after the main source which is employers

Haven't heard a word about making e verify mandatory

Sounds like a gimmick to get votes or a lack of ideas to me. Especially since he didn't expand the immigration courts to handle more deportations

More arrests do not equal more deportation. It means more tax payers paying to hold them in prison. Eventually they will have to build new prisons to house them if they continue to increase arrests without a plan to process them faster. Which is what I suspect the real plan is, especially with Jeff sessions being so connected to private prison builders.

I think it's probably just your standard greed. The boom cities couldn't get enough labor and instead of making visa programs they allowed illegals to come and the employers were able to skirt taxes, workman's comp, ssi, etc which allowed cheaper prices for consumers aiding the already booming growth in some sw cities.
edit on 10-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Why do you think Trump wants to fix illegal immigtation?

He certainly isn't going after the main source which is employers

Haven't heard a word about making e verify mandatory

Sounds like a gimmick to get votes or a lack of ideas to me. Especially since he didn't expand the immigration courts to handle more deportations

More arrests do not equal more deportation. It means more tax payers paying to hold them in prison. Eventually they will have to build new prisons to house them if they continue to increase arrests without a plan to process them faster. Which is what I suspect the real plan is, especially with Jeff sessions being so connected to private prison builders.

I think it's probably just your standard greed. The boom cities couldn't get enough labor and instead of making visa programs they allowed illegals to come and the employers were able to skirt taxes, workman's comp, ssi, etc which allowed cheaper prices for consumers aiding the already booming growth in some sw cities.

Why? Simple; it's a fact.

Deportation orders increase under Trump; fewer migrants prevail in court

Federal immigration courts ordered 57,069 people to leave the United States in the first six months of the Trump administration, up nearly 31 percent over the same period last year, the Justice Department announced Tuesday. Additionally, 16,058 people prevailed in their immigration cases, or had them closed, allowing them to stay in the United States, according to the data, which tallied orders issued from Feb. 1 to July 31. That total marked a 20.7 percent drop from the 20,255 immigrants who prevailed at the same time last year.

Unlike the traditional federal court system, which is independent of the executive branch of government, immigration courts are administered by the Justice Department. That agency said that from Feb. 1 to July 31, judges issued 73,127 final immigration decisions, an increase of 14.5 percent over the same period in 2016. Of those decisions, 49,983 were deportation orders, an increase of nearly 28 percent from the same period in 2016. The rest were orders to leave the United States voluntarily, a process by which immigrants generally face fewer barriers if they wish to apply to return to the United States in the future. Federal officials attributed the increase in case completions to Trump’s Jan. 25 executive order dispatching more than 100 immigration judges to immigration jails across the country. More than 90 percent of cases heard in jails have led to orders to leave the United States. The department has also hired 54 new judges to work in immigration courts since Trump took office. More are being hired every month.

Trump increases deportations of formerly protected DREAMers

Deportation orders increase under Trump; fewer migrants prevail in court

Trump calls for deportation, national E-Verify

WASHINGTON, Aug. 16, 2015 - Donald Trump, the frontrunner in the Republican presidential race, called for nationwide use of the E-Verify system to check the legal status of workers and deportation of illegal immigrants, policies that could have far-reaching implications for agriculture, which relies heavily on immigrant labor in fruit, vegetable, meat and dairy production.

Trump likely to eye treaties, E-Verify as part of immigration strategy

That didn't take long at all to research.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join