It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-117 Nighthawk Flight Manual (Partial) and other documents.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Found this.

Includes:

T.O. 1F-117A-1A OCIP Supplement to the Flight Manual F-117A Aircraft

TO 1F-117A-1 Utility Flight Manual F-117A Aircraft

TO 1F-117A-1 Flight Manual F-117A - Appendix A - Performance Data

AF Instructions 11-2F-117 - F-117 Aircrew Training

AF Instructions 11-2F-117 - F-117 Aircrew Evaluation Criteria

AF Instructions 11-2F-117 - F-117 Operations Procedures

I'll probably make this thread a compendium of random information I find online that's interesting but doesn't fit into anther thread or its own.
edit on 7/8/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

Pretty cool find
It has been my favorite plane since I was a kid.

A lot of people think it's ugly, I think it looks awesome.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The primary reason it was thought possible to go to war with Iraq was stealth.

If they can't spot the plane on radar (at night), the 'smart' weapons could find their targets (at night), blinding the Iraqi air defenses, paving the way for invasion of the greater Middle East.

Yaaay. Hows that working for ya?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Theres just something super sexy about a secret black jet based out in the middle of the desert. I`d love to see one do an airshow tour again but I dont think the flyable ones are black any more.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

They're in flyable storage, but that just means all the parts are still there and they haven't been stripped. Most of them are in pieces sitting in their hangars.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
.... I dont think the flyable ones are black any more.

Yes, they are. At least the two, possibly three that we were as of last summer.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I agree seeing one at an air show would be very cool.

Nice find C0bzz and thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Gulf War - Air Power Survey Summary Report

Interesting document, will have to read soon.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The F-117 is often held up as an example of the way the aircraft should be designed, built, and implemented. It was developed in a fairly short period of time for low cost, it's a single-role aircraft with no compromise, and many components are shared with those from other aircraft. Its operations were wildly successful, despite a single loss. That's the F-117. In other words, in many ways it is the complete opposite of the F-35 which you have bashed elsewhere.

Yet you find someway to complain about it. Secondly, rarely is any single aircraft type instrumental in winning or losing a war and indeed the entire way DOD tends to function is "Top Down", that is the F-117 was created to help fight wars, as opposed to "we somehow have obtained stealth therefore we can invade Iraq" as you are implying.

I think it's pretty obvious by now that you simply hate the geopolitical interests and methods of the US, so you will do anything to criticize or undermine them. The way this manifests itself is for some reason in the "Aircraft Projects" forum. If you can do it against the aircraft itself you will use a simplistic argument against it (like you did with the F-35). If the aircraft project is mostly exceptional and you can't then you'll simply go about a hundred steps higher in the food chain and then criticize why some jackass government decided to invade Iraq, then blame it on the Aircraft Project.

Rather than simply complain about everything, why not explain in detail what you are for?
edit on 23/9/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

I think it's pretty obvious by now that you simply hate the geopolitical interests and methods of the US, so you will do anything to criticize or undermine them.

I'm an anti war protester, warmonger.

Especially aggressive wars waged against Sovereign nations under false pretenses.

Particularly not sorry you don't like that.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
double post
edit on 24-9-2017 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The primary reason it was thought possible to go to war with Iraq was stealth.

If they can't spot the plane on radar (at night), the 'smart' weapons could find their targets (at night), blinding the Iraqi air defenses, paving the way for invasion of the greater Middle East.

Yaaay. Hows that working for ya?

You should start every post with "I hate America, the military, the govt because they have never had a victory, never done anything right are 100% the reason why the dinosaurs went extinct."

new topics

top topics

join