It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Atheist turned Born Again Christian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

S&F

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

A little something to chew on...

FACTS CAN'T CHANGE.

What scientists claim about evolution is in CONSTANT flux.

Hence there are no "facts" to be found.
edit on 7-8-2017 by StandingTallForChrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Well, your demon example is also another personal experience so that won't work. I'm asking for anything other than a personal experience since those really only mean something to you. Unless you can repeat it on command or something, that kind of thing isn't any help to anyone else. You see what I mean??? I mean it's great for you and all, but not much use to anyone else other than just a story to entertain them.

The Calendar thing is closer to what I meant. Although that still doesn't really prove anything other than we used that point to establish our system of tracking the days and years. There have been others used by other cultures too and are various ones today as well. We've also adjusted our current one at times as well when it needed it. But it certainly does establish that at one time Religion did play a very dominate part of society as a whole.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: StandingTallForChrist
a reply to: Dudemo5

That's a whole lotta prayer talk for an atheist.... you might lose your membership card if you keep that up. They are very sensitive...

I don't have a membership card. Atheists aren't "joiners," at least not in the religious sense. There are a few atheist groups out there and I roll my eyes at all of them. The goofiest one is the Church of Satan, which contrary to popular belief does not actually believe in Satan nor worship him.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The demon possessions were witnessed by groups of people not just myself.

But more on that later.

Beddie bye time...
Happy Wife Happy Life

Night yall

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Ok. Looking forward to it.

Good boy. Keep the woman happy!!!

Goodnight.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Thank you randomtangentsrme!

I didn't figure to meet many folks I did agree with here, but my friend Dante told me about this site and look forward to the conversations....

On the contrary, you'll fit right in.

Welcome and all that jazz.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

A little something to chew on...

FACTS CAN'T CHANGE.

What scientists claim about evolution is in CONSTANT flux.

Hence there are no "facts" to be found.

If you keep this crap up, this thread will have to be moved to the Evolution/Creationist forum, where it will die a quick death.

For the record, there is not much correct about anything you just posted.

First, some terminology.

A FACT is something quantifiable -- a measurement. For example: The constancy of the speed of light is a fact. It can be measured objectively, repeatedly.

A THEORY is a framework that explains a collection of facts. The Theory of Relativity is the FRAMEWORK that explains the constancy of the speed of light.

The more facts that support a Theory, the more STRONGLY supported a theory is. The Theory of Relativity is one of the most strongly supported Theories in science.

But one day, Relativity (with any luck) will be supplanted by a Quantum Theory of Gravity. This will not render Relativity invalid, but it will supplement it, in much the same way that Relativity supplemented Newtonian Physics.

As far as EVOLUTION goes, it's even more well supported than Relativity. Speciation on planet earth is the result of Evolution via natural selection. There is no doubt about that.

In order to supplant EVOLUTION with something else, you'd need to find a scientific framework that explained hundreds of thousands of individual observations BETTER than evolution does. I think you'll find this to be quite impossible.

But you're welcome to try. If you can do it, you'll be both rich and famous. Of course, you'd better have a background in the sciences if you're going to do this, as the peer reviewed journals you'd need to talk to aren't interested in your tales of personal religious epiphany.

By the way, Evolution is a scientific concept, and therefore can only be refuted scientifically. Refuting it with religious fairy tales might impress the members of your church, but isn't likely to impress anyone else.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

The Bible was mean’t to reveal the truth of God to people all over the world, you do not need a degree in science or theology to arrive at the truth

Your truth anyhow, and you're right..you certainly don't need any degree to arrive at that version of a truth..actually, I would suggest any sort of education or understanding will certainly slow down such indoct..erm..."truthseeking"

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The anti-intellectualism grows daily.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

They do not oppose each other. The act of evolution is shown, and therefore based upon facts. It describes the world in a very fitting way. Unless a better theory is found, this is state of the art. It is not a law.

They do not oppose each other. Saying otherwise is based upon nothing but faith. Do you have proof that evolution is not based on facts?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

*applauds*, bc no stars possible

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I went through that cycle myself in a less, or less obviously, supernatural way;
How an atheist became a Christian
I am not an American, so I don't share in the more "American" features of modern fundamentalism.
I've been writing in the Theology forum here since 2010. You may see the threads in my profile. I look forward to you doing the same.

As a former atheist, do you get irritated when fellow-Christians pull the "atheists don't exist" line on you? I know I did.

edit on 7-8-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

Well you have known me for ... what about.... zero seconds... and you already have drawn conclusions about me? This is going to be fun.

Ok. let me see here. You present yourself as an ex atheist and then proclaim a long long 'list of beliefs that you hold. Do I have it right so far? Ok?

You then proclaim in a very very bold type that you are a firm Trump supporter. Later on you even announce that having Christ AND Trump in ones life brings great joy. Am I following here?

You list of a list of arch-right, ultra conservative fundamental Christian beliefs. You call yourself StandingTallforChrist.

Right?

So one member asks you a simple question about your beliefs and you reply with a cloaked insult about that member being judgmental.

After a long long list of information about yourself, telling us all about your beliefs and your faith and your studies. Why would you want to tell us so much about yourself OTHER than wanting us to know you. To form some level of conclusions as to your nature.

So my conclusion is simply this. Either you are a complete fraud, or you are all that you say you are and, from the simple little tactic with that member, a bully to boot.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist So exciting to see another fellow Christian, and welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

What exactly happened during your apparent life altering experience

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Oh Terry, if you cant play with the adults

try this
www.stardoll.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Oh Terry, if you cant play with the adults try this www.stardoll.com...

So thats where Christians hang out?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Welcome, StandingTallForChrist.

I was just watching the film about Lee Strobel's "The Case for Christ" where he goes from atheist to Christian. But so did C.S. Lewis and his wife, Joy, Nicky Gumbel, Malcom Muggeridge, Alexander Solzhenitsyn and Peter Hitchens amongst many others. You are in fairly good company.

I'm a fairly conservative and traditional Christian with a background in the sciences.

I believe that science is a revelation of God. It is an investigation of His handiwork, because there is discoverable order in the universe it couldn't arise from randomness as some have foolishly suggested.

I'm not exactly driving a wedge between being a young earth creationist nor a deep time believer. I think that there are certain conditions where different views of the same events are on different time scales because of the Lorentz contraction (especially close to the singularity or possibly from God's perspective).

Here's my thread on it: One answer to the dilemma of a seven day creation vs Scientific views of creation.

I also don't say that God does not use evolution as a mechanism for biological change, I believe evolution can shed light on biodiversity. I just don't believe that God is limited to only that method of introducing biological change. As far as actual origins go, evolution really doesn't explain how life started, only how it might change once it exists, but even then, I don't think evolution explains biodiversity fully. IMHO there are lots of mechanisms of biological genetic change that aren't covered in evolutionary processes.

Evolution also does not encompass co-operative defences against natural selection (as Julian Huxley said of the MES, "natural selection is red in tooth and claw"). Nor does it encompass future directed biological change through genetic engineering. I feel that some Christian interpreters as well as scientists are limited severely in believing that what we are now is all there is and all there will be. God's plan has got to be 'mind blowingly' bigger than that.

The truth is, if life arises through chemical abiogenesis and changes through evolution (and somehow speciation is overcome), then it is a miracle from a wise and creative God anyway. The whole universe tells of His glory.

edit on 7/8/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Atheism is absurd. I lived with blinders on for most of my life and cannot believe the tom-foolery I fell for... It's a nice religion (atheism that is) and has some staunch support from nearly every campus across America and most of the white lab coats walking around. But still absurd nonetheless.

I had one Atheist look at me dumbfounded and said, "you can't really believe all those animals fit on the Ark???"

To which I replied, "I got better, I used to believe the entire universe fit inside the tip of a needle."

He chuckled then we grabbed a cheeseburger.
Ridiculous! Delusion!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join