It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Atheist turned Born Again Christian

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

welcome to ATS can you explain your life or spirit changing experience so we can maybe understand your journey ? and greetings from Australia cheers

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: andrewh7

How rational is the thought that no one could become more enlightened by personal experience?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DL432
What do you say about the existence of say, Neanderthals? They are proven to have existed and to be a separate species of hominid than Homo-sapiens. What about all the other hominid skeletons/fossils that have been recovered?

Has All Life Descended From a Common Ancestor?

DETERMINING INTELLIGENCE BY BRAIN SIZE

▪ Fact: The brain size of a presumed ancestor of humans is one of the main ways by which evolutionists determine how closely or distantly the creature is supposed to be related to humans.

Question: Is brain size a reliable indicator of intelligence?

Answer: No. One group of researchers who used brain size to speculate which extinct creatures were more closely related to man admitted that in doing so they “often feel on shaky ground.”48 Why? Consider the statement made in 2008 in Scientific American Mind: “Scientists have failed to find a correlation between absolute or relative brain size and acumen among humans and other animal species. Neither have they been able to discern a parallel between wits and the size or existence of specific regions of the brain, excepting perhaps Broca’s area, which governs speech in people.”49

What do you think? Why do scientists line up the fossils used in the “ape-to-man” chain according to brain size when it is known that brain size is not a reliable measure of intelligence? Are they forcing the evidence to fit their theory? And why are researchers constantly debating which fossils should be included in the human “family tree”? Could it be that the fossils they study are just what they appear to be, extinct forms of apes?

What, though, about the humanlike fossils of the so-called Neanderthals, often portrayed as proof that a type of ape-man existed? Researchers are beginning to alter their view of what these actually were. In 2009, Milford H. Wolpoff wrote in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology that “Neandertals may have been a true human race.”50

Honest observers readily recognize that egos, money, and the need for media attention influence the way that “evidence” for human evolution is presented. Are you willing to put your trust in such evidence?
48. The Human Fossil Record—Volume Three, by Ralph L. Holloway, Douglas C. Broadfield, and Michael S. Yuan, 2004, Preface xvi.

49. Scientific American Mind, “Intelligence Evolved,” by Ursula Dicke and Gerhard Roth, August/September 2008, p. 72.

50. American Journal of Physical Anthropology, “How Neandertals Inform Human Variation,” by Milford H. Wolpoff, 2009, p. 91.

So not that "seperate" as earlier claimed. But now it's suddenly "may have been" and falling back on the 'science does not deal with absolutes'-programming (philosophy), which if that were true, nothing has been "proven" (conclusively) in the sciences. Don't worry, it's not true and plenty has been proven (conclusively) in the sciences and by scientists. See earlier presentation by Michael Behe for some examples (or that entire playlist from the start to figure out what really has been proven and what hasn't been proven). You can find the link at the end of my last comment in this thread (previous page).

I recommend reading the rest of the article regarding the question:

"And why are researchers constantly debating which fossils should be included in the human “family tree”?"

I skipped that part when focussing on Neanderthals.

“To take a line of fossils and claim that they represent a lineage is not a scientific hypothesis that can be tested, but an assertion that carries the same validity as a bedtime story—amusing, perhaps even instructive, but not scientific.”—In Search of Deep Time—Beyond the Fossil Record to a New History of Life, by Henry Gee, pp. 116-117

Henry Gee is a British paleontologist and evolutionary biologist. He is a senior editor of Nature, the scientific journal.

Source: wikipedia

Hypocrisy, my biggest turn off for evolutionary philosophies and philosophers or so-called evolutionary biologists (or evolutionists).

“The vast majority of artists’ conceptions are based more on imagination than on evidence. . . . Artists must create something between an ape and a human being; the older the specimen is said to be, the more apelike they make it.”—Science Digest, April 1981, p. 41.

Who cares right? Not the biased believer or promoter like this one:

“For those scientists who take it seriously, Darwinian evolution has functioned more as a philosophical belief system than as a testable scientific hypothesis. This quasi-religious function of the theory is, I think, what lies behind many of the extreme statements that you have doubtless encountered from some scientists opposing any critical analysis of neo-Darwinism in the classroom. It is also why many scientists make public statements about the theory that they would not defend privately to other scientists like me.”
― James A. Shapiro (professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Chicago, and another evolutionist, he likes to sell his own version of the myth he refers to as Darwinian evolution or neo-Darwinism as if his version of philosophical naturalism and evolutionary philosophies is any better than the last one, or other ones)

It's a house of cards this supposed "evidence" or claims regarding things having been "proven". Of course you didn't ask me for my opinion. But that could be a reason for someone to not believe in evolutionary philosophies and mythology that are based on philosophical naturalism (often boiling down to 'Nature did it', 'Nature found a way...', 'The organisms or species found a way to evolve a...',"'The universe can and will create itself...", quoting part of Stephen Hawking's contradictory claims that are promoting philosophical naturalism; or hiding behind phrases such as 'Nature leaves nothing to chance", quoting from Chaperonin-assisted Protein Folding: Nature Leaves Nothing to Chance and...).

Note Newton's commentary on an older variation of the phrase "nature leaves nothing to chance" at 2:45 in the video below (and possibly the follow-up videos):
Isaac Newton's science/scientia/knowledge about reality
edit on 9-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: StandingTallForChrist
My name is Keith, I am a former atheist of 35 years, who had a supernatural experience 11 years ago that revealed the true nature and identity of God... in the fully human and fully divine person of Jesus Christ. Politics, UFOS, conspiracies, I have enjoyed MANY MANY MANY of these types of discussions my whole life and look forward to actively participating here at ATS. As for my politics...

GO TRUMP BABY!!!!!

I am very Conservative... Pro-Gun, Pro-Life, Pro-Religious Freedom.
I believe evolution (as far as human origins) is completely absurd and a lie created by the devil himself.
I believe in the inerrant Word of God.
I believe God came to Earth in the form of man 2017 years ago, and died on the cross only to resurrect himself three days later to save mankind.
I believe that UFOS are in all likelihood fallen angels in disguise, another tool of the enemy to separate man from God.
I believe all spirits and ghosts are what the Bible describes as unclean spirits, or demons and not your long lost granny speaking to you from the dead.
I believe the end times described in the book of Revelation are very close and will probably be seen in my lifetime.
Let's see what else....

I believe Marriage is designed by GOD to be between one man and one woman.
I believe the current Pope could very well be the false prophet described in Revelation.
I believe Catholicism is the largest cult in the world today (at least Islam is out of the closet with their cultism).

Anyway, I am a Christian author, blogger and defender of the faith. I do not shy away from debates on any topic of interest.

But come prepared...

Homey don't play

WHY DOES GOD LET CHILDREN GET RAPED????

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I had one Atheist look at me dumbfounded and said, "you can't really believe all those animals fit on the Ark???"

To which I replied, "I got better, I used to believe the entire universe fit inside the tip of a needle."

He chuckled then we grabbed a cheeseburger.

it is called big bang theory, is noah's ark story passed down as theory or word of ur god?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: andrewh7

How rational is the thought that no one could become more enlightened by personal experience?

honestly I think it depends on what your definition of enlightened is. For those who think they can find truth by simply thinking things through in their head, The word means something completely different than someone who thinks of enlightenment as gaining an education in the sciences.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SweatyChestnuts

My name is Keith, I am a former atheist of 35 years, who had a supernatural experience 11 years ago that revealed the true nature and identity of God... in the fully human and fully divine person of Jesus Christ. Politics, UFOS, conspiracies, I have enjoyed MANY MANY MANY of these types of discussions my whole life and look forward to actively participating here at ATS. As for my politics...

GO TRUMP BABY!!!!!

I believe evolution (as far as human origins) is completely absurd and a lie created by the devil himself.
I believe God came to Earth in the form of man 2017 years ago, and died on the cross only to resurrect himself three days later to save mankind.
I believe that UFOS are in all likelihood fallen angels in disguise, another tool of the enemy to separate man from God.
I believe all spirits and ghosts are what the Bible describes as unclean spirits, or demons and not your long lost granny speaking to you from the dead.
I believe the end times described in the book of Revelation are very close and will probably be seen in my lifetime.
Let's see what else....

I believe the current Pope could very well be the false prophet described in Revelation.
I believe Catholicism is the largest cult in the world today (at least Islam is out of the closet with their cultism).

Anyway, I am a Christian author, blogger and defender of the faith. I do not shy away from debates on any topic of interest.

But come prepared...

Homey don't play

You have to understand that Lucifer is present on this world who influences weak people and is the cause of many bad things that happen, not God.
edit on 9-8-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Hi,

How can you be pro life and pro gun ( life ending ) ???

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SweatyChestnuts

We live in a fallen world. We wanted free will, that means we get it - that also means we take the consequences.

BUT I can assure you God abhors child rape, any rape of any kind. And He will restore these babies who've grown if they ask.

Been there, done that and I can also assure you - no one can 'make it all better' (I'm a Survivor of childhood rape) other than Christ. You can talk to all the psychologists, take all their medications, ruin your life with all that crap - but, if you ask, Christ will heal you.

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: SweatyChestnuts

We live in a fallen world. We wanted free will, that means we get it - that also means we take the consequences.

BUT I can assure you God abhors child rape, any rape of any kind. And He will restore these babies who've grown if they ask.

Been there, done that and I can also assure you - no one can 'make it all better' (I'm a Survivor of childhood rape) other than Christ. You can talk to all the psychologists, take all their medications, ruin your life with all that crap - but, if you ask, Christ will heal you.

peace

Thank you for sharing and your perspective.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Do you believe that the Earth is flat? And that humans walked alongside dinosaurs? How old do you think planet Earth is? A good portion of my family believes the bible to be the infallible word of god. The beliefs they hold spit in the face of many proven scientific facts. Biblical literalism is lunacy. I feel very sorry for you and your reliance on superstition to cope with reality.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: InspectorGadget13

You misunderstand. Not all Christian religions reject scientific guesses to our beginnings and the possibilities of evolution. In fact many credit God for the physics underpinnings to our Universe. I don't pretend to have all the answers, but you seem to feel you do. For all we know God could have breathed the earth into existence or created an evolving model of creation. Get off your high horse like you know it all. You don't. None us of do. And, I doubt your religious family thinks the world is flat.
edit on 10-8-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Dudemo5

That's a whole lotta prayer talk for an atheist.... you might lose your membership card if you keep that up. They are very sensitive...

Their feelings are hurt. They think the factt suffering exists means there is no God or he doesn't love us. Like an impetuous child who doesn't get what they wanted, got spanked and sent to time out who then screams to mommy and daddy "i HATE you!! If you love me you'll let me do whatEVER i want!"

They point to starving and sick and dying people and ask "if there's a God, why is he DOING this to us?!"

Meanwhile, there's plenty of food on planet and plenty of humans to do something about it. But, why should humans have to solve problems like this? Can't I just, play XBOX and God can just, snap his fingers and give those poor folks some food?? Why do we have to do all the work?? I promise, we will still learn a valuable lesson and become better people, even though we didn't actually put in the work...
edit on 8/10/2017 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SweatyChestnuts

GO TRUMP BABY!!!!!

Let's see what else....

But come prepared...

Homey don't play

Why do humans let children get raped?

Why do humans rape children?

Perhaps, in answering and solving this on our own, we can learn a thing or two.

Or maybe you think we should never have advanced beyond caveman? Dark ages? You tell me where do we/God draw the line? We can go back to being cavemen and lay around in our caves. No need to hunt and learn how to use fire, we have a god who WONT ALLOW things like child rape and starvation and etc etc etc... Why stop that wood tic from burrowing beneath your skin? God "loves" you so he won't let anything bad happen.

No fire that means no mettalurgy, no technology, no knowledge, no books. I love books, personally... But, lets face it... How many generations of hard work, experimentation, trial and error, how many failures etc, before paper and ink were even invented? Thats a LOT of work. Id rather lay here in comfort while God magically feeds me, keeps me safe and healthy.

We might get bored of that and go learn stuff? No no no... God loves you WAAAY too much to allow you to experience boredom! The very INSTANT you get bored, your mind will be flooded with entertainment. Of course, at your level of intelligence, that will mostly just be floating shapes and colors pleasant sounds... Like a mobile. Dont worry, you'll love it as much as any giggling slobbering baby (oh a little spittle on your chin there, here let God get that for you).

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Congratulations!

Your thread has now proved that ten pages of nonsense can be written by complete buffoons.

"Welcome friend!"

"Catch ya' on the flip side!"

Your Friend
Jenkinswasher

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Welcome to the madhouse

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If God created a universe that appears as older than it is, He will be deceiving us.

I believe that God created us to evolve (at least in micro ways). Why not? If you think creation or evolution only, you are an extremist.

You are arrogant or perhaps fearful if you think that science can explain most if not all things.

Have you or someone you know had an out-of-body / near death experience? There are sites and books where you can read about these experiences. Of course some are fake.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes I did...

"The Book of Isaiah, written HUNDREDS of years before Christ CLEARLY describes his crucifixion in stunning detail, long before the Romans even used crucifixion as a means of punishment."

and Yes it does.

And the same crucifixion story was described 1,500 years earlier by the Egyptians about Horus, before it was plagiarized later by the Christians.

Osirus was the only god who died and was the only Egyptian god who could, therefore, be resurrected.

Osiris was killed by dismemberment.

Crucifixion and impalement were invented as a state decreed capital punishment, thousands of years after, by the Persians.

Horus is often depicted with arms outstretched holding a ankh (the symbol for a sandal meaning life) and a tet-sceptre (indicating rule or diminion). There is no indication that this depiction related to death in any way.

Theire is a stele where Horus is stung by a scorpion as a child and was revived by Thoth. The spells Thoth used are against snakebite and scorpion stings. There is no suggestion there that Horus died, merely that he was made unwell.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyonedies
If God created a universe that appears as older than it is, He will be deceiving us.

God could have easily created the universe MATURE, just like he did Adam and Eve. Otherwise no stars would be shining for Adam to use to measure the seasons... as mentioned in Genesis. This is not deception, it would have been necessary.

Now humans today with our science that is a few hundred years old... can look at the evidence and make all sorts of proclamations about what we THINK happened... but the Bible is pretty darn clear on the subject.

We are only deceiving ourselves.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Sorry but religion won't solve your problems.

There is no hope.

Best of luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join