It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sweet nectar of Anti-Trump Schadenfreude

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

You asked a question I replied, what do you want...blood?
And no, I don't play down the other side, it speaks for itself. Like I said, you never look, just preach.

Like I said, you just pass around what's given to you by your ideological handlers, and pretend you're a better person because of it.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Its a german word, my mom is german. The germans, more than anyone, take malicious glee in the suffering of others.

They only started two world wars last century, resulting in the deaths of tens of millions and a holocaust to boot, in WWII alone.

Schadenfreude is borrowed from German; it is a compound of Schaden 'damage, harm' and Freude 'joy'.
Wiki

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Its a german word, my mom is german. The germans, more than anyone, take malicious glee in the suffering of others.

They only started two world wars last century, resulting in the deaths of tens of millions and a holocaust to boot, in WWII alone.

I'm quite aware of that. However I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Re reads my first post.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Gryphon66

Cannot formulate your own thoughts?

I save my own thoughts for things that are meaningful.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You googled and copied and pasted a response as if it pertained to the subject. It didn't. It is what it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Re reads my first post.

Re read my first response.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
While Trump is perhaps not deserving of -all- the venom directed at him, you have to ask yourself.. why does he receive as much as he does? I think his supporters are just as blind to his mishaps, follies and ignorance, as they claim the anti-Trump are to his successes.

Perhaps he receives the amount of heat that he does because.. he is deserving of it. Keep in mind it is not just American citizens who speak out against him. There are allies around the world who have supported our left and right Presidents in recent history, seem to have troubles with Trump.

So far he is right where I pegged he would be. I thought he would do decent things for our economy and jobs, and so far that is holding true. As far as all the other supposed great things he has done, you can keep believing they are great - I'll believe otherwise.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I don't think this means what you think it does.

And you probably meant "exacerbated" instead of "exasperated."

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I don't think this means what you think it does.

And you probably meant "exacerbated" instead of "exasperated."

False.

Edit: you are correct about exacerbate, however. Good eye.
edit on 7-8-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Re reads my first post.

Better choice of word might have been enmity.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

How can you call a comedy routine schadenfreude?

How do you know the alleged pee tape actually causes Trump any suffering? Well every critical word apparently hurts Trumps ego but is that the same as suffering?

How do you know Colbert or any other person giving critique, mockery or satirizing is taking pleasure in any potential suffering?

If Trump is suffering, I have a few techniques I'd be happy to share that I use to transform suffering...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

To be a victim of a witch hunt is quite the tyranny. To be reviled and burned in effigy by roving mobs for reasons that are false and made of lies is to suffer an injustice. To have your life threatened with assassination for puritanical reasons is an injustice. To side with and to instigate and fuel that injustice, and laugh the whole time, is the epitome of evil.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Re reads my first post.

Better choice of word might have been enmity.

You might be right.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

God I know, what they did to Hillary is evil.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

God I know, what they did to Hillary is evil.

Mocking someone's health and looks? Absolutely. That's Schadenfreude.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I don't know, perhaps in the USA there is stuff going on that americans are faced with daily, that people outside are not aware of.
My observations come from this site, the exchanges I see happening between my own family members and friends on social media, and some discussions in private with them.

It doesn't feel, to me, like anything new is going on.

The attitudes of the Anti-Trump side seem exactly like those of the Anti-Obama sides when he was president.

In any case, we all know that being in a position of power means you are under more scrutiny for every move you make- that is normal. In the highly polarized and emotional dysregulated American public, this is all routine.

Some Presidents have seemed to present less opportunities for critique, being more careful about their movements and actions; striving for impeccability, bragging less and hoping to prove themselves more through action than word.
So Trump is perhaps an easier target for criticism than some of the last presidents were.

If Obama made the same sorts of visible behaviors, I have no doubt that his haters would have used them in exactly the same way, and reveled in ecstasy at his misfortune to the same degree. He was just better at not giving them as much easily accessible fodder.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

You googled and copied and pasted a response as if it pertained to the subject. It didn't. It is what it is.

LOL ... I know it's impossible for you to append your statements "in your opinion" but that's all your response is.

I don't have to "Google" the quote from St. Matthew or the quote from "Buckaroo Bonsai" which is pointing out, gently, the rank hypocrisy of your post. Second, using quotes to respond to this ... screed ... was intended to avoid the tedium of direct interaction.

Admittedly, that didn't work out.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

To be reviled and burned in effigy by roving mobs

...and the Oscar goes to

for reasons that are false and made of lies is to suffer an injustice.

When did all the investigations end?

To have your life threatened with assassination for puritanical reasons is an injustice.

What?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: Wardaddy454

For the love of God. The fact that you cannot appreciate the corollary speaks volumes and underscores my point perfectly.

I don't think you fully understand the meaning of corollary.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join