It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sweet nectar of Anti-Trump Schadenfreude

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Any president that wants to be treated like a king and rule by decree (issuing executive orders instead of compromising and working with both sides of government) deserves to be ripped apart by the media and the population.

This is America. We don't do kings over here.

So who IS king there?

Mega corps...demons and angels are not doing better.

You think you won't see kings...you have NOTHING BUT KINGS...oh deluded child.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

You've nailed it with that statement

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

It's comforting to see justice every now and then. Karma is a bitch!

I have to also say that I derive to joy from the suffering of others, not even Donald Trump. But, just because one will suffer from it, that doesn't mean that we should not apply and rejoice in justice served.

The fall is not of the one who has pride.

But of the ones who fail to PROTECT the pride.

The days of falling are over...as are your silly books written by puppet-masters.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: redtic
Yes, I would receive great pleasure in seeing Trump out of office, so I guess I am guilty of Schadenfreude.

Oh, btw, replace "Trump" with "Obama", and "Russia" with "whatever thing you all hated Obama for" in your OP. Go on, try it.

Mark of the Beast...we see who everyone is.

And we shall uncloud your eyes...that's just the way that it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Imo, appplying the german word schadenfreude to Trump misses the mark.

Taking pleasure in the misfortune of others, is reserved for deviants who take malicious glee in the suffering inflicted on others.

I doubt very much Trump is suffering at the hands of anyone. He is protected from that by leagues of angels who bear him up lest he dash one toe against a stone.

The proverbial cross and the real one are two entirely different things.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

According to a study by the University of Kentucky, party affiliation and the intensity of in-group identification strongly predicted schadenfreude in politics, even when the results meant objectively negative misfortune for innocents and society at large—economic downturn, the lives of soldiers, for instance. Political gain, once again, has proven more beneficial to tribal solipsists than the success and failures of their own societies.

Man, there is horrid truth in that. Identity politics has resulted in this society having devolved to base tribalism and that is extremely dangerous. We have seen the result of that in Rawanda. And its the reason it seems that we aren't building to a brighter future, we are simply deconstructing as one tribe seeks advantage over the others. I dont see this getting better any time soon. In fact, I would guess it will only get worse with each election cycle. And the really scary thing is to know that the "active" component of schadenfreude is.......revenge!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: smurfy

Right some old crank wouldn't sell his property for a large sum of cash and a job. He seemed to be able to play hardball with Trump. Big deal.

Which one? which crank? No cranks, I'm afraid just ordinary people, some not all that old, some were, and described by Trump as living like a pig...that he didn't want his customers to see them, that's how much he thinks of the plebs, notwithstanding almost tricking the former first minister for Scotland, with deliberate lies. And this is the guy who will look after ordinary Americans? I think not.

I tell you what, why not create a story depicting real people's lives such as in the video, not about this whacko Trump who lives in an Ivory tower in New York, while living off ill gotten gains, not off the land. You might get more attention, rather than being a sycophant for the likes of Trump.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

Any president that wants to be treated like a king and rule by decree (issuing executive orders instead of compromising and working with both sides of government) deserves to be ripped apart by the media and the population.

Unless Trump has changed laws at his whim and fancy, he is not acting like a king, but like a president.

A lot of people have never seen someone act as presidential as Trump.

They are used to the scripted mealy mouth BS lies of the professional democrat politician. I'd narrow it down but both sides are all like that.

Oh yeah, and that every one of the schadenfreuder's could do a better job while dodging Chuck Norris's spinning back kicks.

The collusion between them and the media is sedition bordering on treason.

If any laws are broken, justice must be served.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

originally posted by: underwerks

Presumably... you are primarily talking about Obama, yes? EO's are pretty common these days... although President Obama kind of bragged about it. I also recollect he was critical about the practice, when he was running.

Yes he did.

Trump has a pen and a phone too, probably nicer than what obama had.

lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

As if trump would reach into a lions cage to save anyone.
Pluheeese.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Right some old crank wouldn't sell his property for a large sum of cash and a job. He seemed to be able to play hardball with Trump. Big deal.

Which one? which crank? No cranks, I'm afraid just ordinary people, some not all that old, some were, and described by Trump as living like a pig...that he didn't want his customers to see them, that's how much he thinks of the plebs, notwithstanding almost tricking the former first minister for Scotland, with deliberate lies. And this is the guy who will look after ordinary Americans? I think not.

I tell you what, why not create a story depicting real people's lives such as in the video, not about this whacko Trump who lives in an Ivory tower in New York, while living off ill gotten gains, not off the land. You might get more attention, rather than being a sycophant for the likes of Trump.

Quit bellyaching and do something about it.

Start a hashtag movement on facebook with maxine, maybe that will get him impeached, then you two can sleep at night again.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Imo, appplying the german word schadenfreude to Trump misses the mark.

Taking pleasure in the misfortune of others, is reserved for deviants who take malicious glee in the suffering inflicted on others.

I doubt very much Trump is suffering at the hands of anyone. He is protected from that by leagues of angels who bear him up lest he dash one toe against a stone.

The proverbial cross and the real one are two entirely different things.

LOL

The OP is very melodramatic.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

this is not the first thread I have read by members of the right claiming to know why people are anti-Trump and as usual it misses the big points.

This idea that we take joy out of Trumps gaffs and misfortune is utter nonsense, sure its amusing when Trump makes a fool of himself during one of his twitter storms but thats not why I oppose him. I oppose him for reasons that I have honestly now got fed up of listing, I think he is sexist, racist, elitists, I strongly oppose several of his policy decisions, I believe he may have been compromised by a foreign state I could go on. Taking joy out of his misfortune is utter crap!.

I actually get a bit fed up of this annoying practice by the right claiming that anyone who opposes Trump is doing so for quite trivial reasons. This thread comes form the same OP who also tried to claim that people didn't like Trump due to snobbery, a idea that was pretty much trashed at the time so now we have this new idea. Its "Schadenfreude" (looks like the OP swallowed that thesaurus of his again), well no OP that is not why I dislike Trump nor do I think its why most people who are anti-trump dislike him either.

This is a massive problem for the right, you guys need to wake up and smell the roses, lots of people have legitimate reasons for being anti-trump.

Now there are several other points in the OP I think that need to be addressed, firstly there is one thing I can kind of agree with the OP on and that is regarding trumps successes. I do not think anyone can deny that since his inauguration there have been positive signs in the economy. I would like to point out however that what some on the right might call "successes" others would call Trump being a "moron" for example, his stupid big glass wall, his stupid Tweet about transgender military personnel and lets not even start on his travel ban or attempts to reverse Obama-Care.

The OP also hints about those leaks coming out of the White House, again this is something that amazes me. I think if Trump supporters were honest they would admit that they only really get upset over the leaks when the leaks damage their pro-Trump world view.

Like I say, a lot of people on the right need to wake up and realise that people who are anti-Trump have some very legitimate reasons for holding that view.

I know why you're anti-Trump, and it is the result of a steady diet of propaganda as it was bought and payed for by political operatives and the media orthodoxy. Of all your machinations what have you or anyone in the media gotten right? Absolutely nothing. Trust me, I too am fed up with your dissemination of lies, much of which has lead to the attempted assassination of the president and members of his party, political withchunts, a climate of censorship and silence, all so you can throw an epic hissy fit and signal back and fourth to each other that you're a part of the status quo.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

There you go taking your moral cues from the media, while at the same time suppressing the other side of the story and evidence that refute your claims. This is the modus operandi of your orthodoxy: you let the media think for you and dictate what is right and wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Cannot formulate your own thoughts?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes. He speaks his mind. So do we. Why is it schadenfreude when we speak our minds? And what do you call the portion of Trump voters who claim to have only done so to piss off liberals?

Personally, while it's confirmation of my bias against Trump every time he confirms something he denied the day before, dribbles off some stupid lie... whatever, I don't wish anything negative on anyone and I don't enjoy others suffering.

Trump has a little taste for schadenfreude, as I already admitted. But if you want to see an addiction to schadenfreude, try watching Stephen Colbert. He just did an episode where he went to the "pee gate" room at the Cartlon in Russia, and he walked around looking for a "pee tape". A man has been slandered with unsubstantiated claims pertaining to hookers and urine, and Colbert is soaking in glee to the giggles of a right-thinking audience.
edit on 7-8-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Thanks Kali, making you laugh makes my day.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

According to the study I posted, that simply isn't the case.

Political campaigns are often characterized by the various events occurring that move the tide in favor ofone candidate or another. Each event, depending on which candidate it favors or harms, produces either happiness or sadness for those who care about the outcome. This research examined whether such reactions would hold for events that are misfortunes for other people and even when they negatively affect society more broadly regardless of political party affiliation. Ingroup (i.e. political party) identification was examined as an important moderating variable. In four studies, undergraduate participants gave their emotional reactions to news articles describing misfortunes happening to others (e.g. poor economic news and house foreclosures). Party affiliation and the intensity of ingroup identification strongly predicted whether these events produced schadenfreude.

Politics, schadenfreude, and ingroup identification: The sometimes happy thing about a poor economy and death

edit on 7-8-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: formatting

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The lack of free will amongst the populace is that of a worker ant a honey bee. These mortals try everything in their souls to try to correct his mistakes as if their lives are on the line.
I wonder would Obama fit under this thread he definitely fits except he didn't do scandalous stuff to bring heat and disrespect to him self like trump.

This thread is so out of touch with common reality its scary, scary to a point in which you wonder where is the Queen ant.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

There you go taking your moral cues from the media, while at the same time suppressing the other side of the story and evidence that refute your claims. This is the modus operandi of your orthodoxy: you let the media think for you and dictate what is right and wrong.

You asked a question I replied, what do you want...blood?
And no, I don't play down the other side, it speaks for itself. Like I said, you never look, just preach.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join