It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sweet nectar of Anti-Trump Schadenfreude

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Just my opinion, but when a person continually brags or advertises them self as the best at everything, and how all the free world fawn's over his greatness..it's a tough thing to back up convincingly.
He..(I'll put in the kindest term's)..bends the truth a bit too much..that is hard to back up as well.
That is what I mean by "painted into a corner"
Humility goes farther IMHO

JM2C
Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think the OP misspelled Farfegnugen.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That's a fair assessment.

I would argue that those are fairly common human qualities, as well, and many of them got him to where he is today. It's much better than someone who changes their accent according to the setting, or who hides behind a cloak of speech writers and vast public relations contracts. That's a greater lie than talking about crowds or ratings. Whether or not these qualities are permissible, which they are, the slander, the smears and the attempts to bring him down do not fit the crime.
edit on 6-8-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Thank's
I would agree for the most part but I'm not sure either is better though, fake is very unappealing and cannot be trusted..very true.
He is who he is, I agree it's his true persona.. I like a bit more middle of the road I guess.
I hope he can do some good thing's whether I like him or not.
Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: smurfy

Ooops! I misread the heading, I thought you were talking about Trump as the culprit, he likes to spit on human rights too and gloat....amongst many other things, except that you don't hear much about that, there are too many distractions.

I like the way you maintained the concept almost entirely in political thought and deed though, very crafty.
Anyway, the concept works much better in a lovers setting, in itself a concept that can be very complicated.
Trump doesn't work at all there...here today, gone tomorrow...WTF was he all about, Oh! yes, himself.

Please enlighten me. Which rights has he spit on?

Cuba Cuba Cuba! ...he even lied to Cuban/Americans on that one, and of course typically a hypocrite. Aberdeen, tried to take away peoples land and nearly got away with it, even after he used bare-faced lies and threats, immigrant workers, (some illegal) on Trump Tower site..got help from a New York union there.
Even the UN Human rights have their beady eyes on him...but then, you don't look things up so good...you should go to specsavers.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Right some old crank wouldn't sell his property for a large sum of cash and a job. He seemed to be able to play hardball with Trump. Big deal.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
but he has painted himself into a corner.

This is what we keep hearing as the reasons for the attacks against him, but the endless attacks against him stared about 30 seconds after he hit 270 votes. Hollywood, the media, multi million dollar add agencies all against Trump for winning is what fueled all of this. CNN has committed 93% of ALL their news to the Trump/Russia crap, as example.

I don't agree with Trumps tweets and comments, but geez....it is not life the left has been just sitting around and all of a sudden Trump made them mad.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I wouldn't disagree, they did pile on..such a divisive time though, the campaign as well..no one is innocent but the Democratic part is not what it used to be by any stretch. Two not so good candidates in my humble opinion..I understand why he won though.
Too bad Bernie got screwed..would of been interesting.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yes. He speaks his mind. So do we. Why is it schadenfreude when we speak our minds? And what do you call the portion of Trump voters who claim to have only done so to piss off liberals?

Personally, while it's confirmation of my bias against Trump every time he confirms something he denied the day before, dribbles off some stupid lie... whatever, I don't wish anything negative on anyone and I don't enjoy others suffering.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Great read Les Mis.

When looking a bit into this, we find that there are
strong correlations between Schadenfreude and
the feelings of envy.

Brain-scanning studies show that schadenfreude is correlated with envy in subjects. Strong feelings of envy activated physical pain nodes in the brain's dorsal anterior cingulate cortex; the brain's reward centers, such as the ventral striatum, were activated by news that other people envied had suffered misfortune. The magnitude of the brain's schadenfreude response could even be predicted from the strength of the previous envy response.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

So how many of those who really delight in the media's promulgation
of Trumps "certain and swift" downfall are in reality just mighty green eyed?

Media included!

edit on 6-8-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Schadenfreude—In a soul as malicious as it is tribal resides the resounding pleasure in the misfortune of others. Understandably, schadenfreude increases when it involves one’s enemy, ideological or otherwise. It is more pronounced, still, when that enemy is named Donald Trump [defenders](edit mine)

Sounds like many Trump apologists here at ATS tribe, no? Not all ,but many.
FTR I still support him too, kind of one foot in and one foot out, but nevertheless.

People want nothing more than to see him stumble, knocked down a peg or two, because "he deserves it". But this in its self is a form of arrogance, one that is far more malicious.

Again, sounds like political loudmouths , from both sides, that enjoy a supercilious position...knowingly or not.
My answer? Check the ego, step off the soapbox and utilize respect and forbearance without retribution.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
this is not the first thread I have read by members of the right claiming to know why people are anti-Trump and as usual it misses the big points.

This idea that we take joy out of Trumps gaffs and misfortune is utter nonsense, sure its amusing when Trump makes a fool of himself during one of his twitter storms but thats not why I oppose him. I oppose him for reasons that I have honestly now got fed up of listing, I think he is sexist, racist, elitists, I strongly oppose several of his policy decisions, I believe he may have been compromised by a foreign state I could go on. Taking joy out of his misfortune is utter crap!.

I actually get a bit fed up of this annoying practice by the right claiming that anyone who opposes Trump is doing so for quite trivial reasons. This thread comes form the same OP who also tried to claim that people didn't like Trump due to snobbery, a idea that was pretty much trashed at the time so now we have this new idea. Its "Schadenfreude" (looks like the OP swallowed that thesaurus of his again), well no OP that is not why I dislike Trump nor do I think its why most people who are anti-trump dislike him either.

This is a massive problem for the right, you guys need to wake up and smell the roses, lots of people have legitimate reasons for being anti-trump.

Now there are several other points in the OP I think that need to be addressed, firstly there is one thing I can kind of agree with the OP on and that is regarding trumps successes. I do not think anyone can deny that since his inauguration there have been positive signs in the economy. I would like to point out however that what some on the right might call "successes" others would call Trump being a "moron" for example, his stupid big glass wall, his stupid Tweet about transgender military personnel and lets not even start on his travel ban or attempts to reverse Obama-Care.

The OP also hints about those leaks coming out of the White House, again this is something that amazes me. I think if Trump supporters were honest they would admit that they only really get upset over the leaks when the leaks damage their pro-Trump world view.

Like I say, a lot of people on the right need to wake up and realise that people who are anti-Trump have some very legitimate reasons for holding that view.
edit on 7-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

Wikipedia

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Jesus of Nazareth (Matthew 7:5)

Wherever you go, there you are ...

Buckaroo Bonzai

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Sorry, what was all that? I'm still giggling like a school girl about the social justice warrior's lord and savior Hillary the blood sucking, fraudulent witch thief losing an unlosable election and enjoying the schadenfreude from that.

You say there's more to be had but from the other side?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
If Trump reached inside a Lion cage and saved a toddler from the jaws of death the headline would be, " Trump steals food from kittens".

And if Trump molested a 5yo boy on national TV in Prime Time the Trump Cultists would say he was showing this lonely boy affection. Give me a f'ing break.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Any president that wants to be treated like a king and rule by decree (issuing executive orders instead of compromising and working with both sides of government) deserves to be ripped apart by the media and the population.

This is America. We don't do kings over here.

You say that, but I'm sure you think Obama did just fine while being completely unaware of the irony.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: 727Sky
If Trump reached inside a Lion cage and saved a toddler from the jaws of death the headline would be, " Trump steals food from kittens".

And if Trump molested a 5yo boy on national TV in Prime Time the Trump Cultists would say he was showing this lonely boy affection. Give me a f'ing break.

Hardly comparable scenarios. You act as if the people that support Trump (myself included) are devoid of morals. Just because you think you're in the moral right on hot button issues doesn't make it so.

How about you give us all a f'ing break eh?
edit on 7-8-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

If Trump could just contain his megalomaniacal continual boasting and self adoration there would be a much smoother ride for him.
Some people just cant stand a braggart , and I guess some lap it up.

But they will allow a world to burn and life to be a continous joke over the fact some media kooks and religions tell everyone he is a braggart. lOl.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I just wish he'd shut up and get on with it..he should quite talking about how great he is and just do great things..the accolades will come if deserved..well, most of the time I would think so but he has painted himself into a corner.
JM2C

Wishes are for those who have no understanding of how things work.

Let those who DO know how to repair this world do the thinking for you...aka GET OUT OF THE WAY.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

For the love of God. The fact that you cannot appreciate the corollary speaks volumes and underscores my point perfectly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join