It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sweet nectar of Anti-Trump Schadenfreude

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You are a monster.

As always, its a delight to read your ideas.

You have a unique and wonderful mind.

edit on 8 6 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Yes, I would receive great pleasure in seeing Trump out of office, so I guess I am guilty of Schadenfreude.

I think that's alright. The point I'm trying to make, and the question I'm asking is, how far are we willing to go to do so? Is the destruction of democracy, the hindering of the political process, and the dissolving of journalism worth the price?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I learned something new. Now I know what's behind Trump's desire to let Obamacare fail and let millions go sick or die. Nobody does a Schadenfreude like an arrogant old man.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Any president that wants to be treated like a king and rule by decree (issuing executive orders instead of compromising and working with both sides of government) deserves to be ripped apart by the media and the population.

This is America. We don't do kings over here.

Unless Trump has changed laws at his whim and fancy, he is not acting like a king, but like a president.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Thank you for reading

The last wall of text and run on sentences deserved an apology IMO. Saying thanks took the edge off.

Every hit-piece, every “bombshell”, every joke and satire, whether it involves his appearance and mannerisms, his past, his words, his relationships, his business dealings, but mostly the fantasy and conspiracy theory, is meant to discredit and dehumanize rather than inform the public.

Don't make him a martyr when he did all the # talk about Barry "Soweto" and the birther claims.

Special offer on a Trump pillowcase. Jus' sayin'.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I learned something new. Now I know what's behind Trump's desire to let Obamacare fail and let millions go sick or die. Nobody does a Schadenfreude like an arrogant old man.

To be fair he does seem to love the old Schadenfreude. But the argument that obamacare failing equals millions dying is absurd.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

The last wall of text and run on sentences deserved an apology IMO. Saying thanks took the edge off.

I'm not sure you know what a run-on sentence is but I thank you again for trying.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

Who is Barry Soweto?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: redtic

Yes, I would receive great pleasure in seeing Trump out of office, so I guess I am guilty of Schadenfreude.

I think that's alright. The point I'm trying to make, and the question I'm asking is, how far are we willing to go to do so? Is the destruction of democracy, the hindering of the political process, and the dissolving of journalism worth the price?

I'm not certain all of those 3 things is the end result here regardless, but *if* he's guilty (understanding that's a big if), then I'd submit to you that we're upholding democracy, bettering our political state, and justifying the journalism in all this. But I understand your point.

I am of the opinion that Trump is a horrible leader and terrible representative of our country to the rest of the world. So, personally, I would love to see someone else at the helm - anyone else, really. If being guilty of obstruction, coordination or whatever-tion is what rids us of him, then so be it. If not, then 2020 couldn't come soon enough.
edit on 6-8-2017 by redtic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Ooops! I misread the heading, I thought you were talking about Trump as the culprit, he likes to spit on human rights too and gloat....amongst many other things, except that you don't hear much about that, there are too many distractions.

I like the way you maintained the concept almost entirely in political thought and deed though, very crafty.
Anyway, the concept works much better in a lovers setting, in itself a concept that can be very complicated.
Trump doesn't work at all there...here today, gone tomorrow...WTF was he all about, Oh! yes, himself.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Any president that wants to be treated like a king and rule by decree (issuing executive orders instead of compromising and working with both sides of government) deserves to be ripped apart by the media and the population.

Unless Trump has changed laws at his whim and fancy, he is not acting like a king, but like a president.

I just think in your evaluation of the environment of hostility surrounding Trump you're leaving out an important part of the equation.

Namely, a big part of the American character. Its almost an innate instinct in a lot of us to resist anyone that tries to rule over us in a certain way. I know from your past posts you're from Canada, so this may not be something that is apparent.

No offense intended. Down here we're raised to praise our founding fathers who gave people like Trump the middle finger and stood tall and proud.

The president works for us. All of us. People of every race, religion, sexuality, whatever. He'd do a lot better if he remembered that and acted accordingly.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Six months in and we're approaching a thousand lies or misleading statements, he acts like the President of his base not the US. He makes policy on Twitter without notifying any of the people he should be. He as the head of government attacks individuals, the press, Congress and his own administration. His ego makes him utter ridiculous, easily fact checked lies.

He brings this on himself. The press, with all its flaws, is doing it's job and we haters are well over the fact the Trump won. Russia Gate is far from over and when there are more developments in the investigation we will have a whole knew slew of articles to dissect and discuss. So far General Kelly is doing a great job keeping Trump under control but rest assured if Trump goes off the rails again it will be discussed, why shouldn't it be?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Trump doesn't make the laws.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Still haven't figured it out yet I see.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I just think in your evaluation of the environment of hostility surrounding Trump you're leaving out an important part of the equation.

Namely, a big part of the American character. Its almost an innate instinct in a lot of us to resist anyone that tries to rule over us in a certain way. I know from your past posts you're from Canada, so this may not be something that is apparent.

No offense intended. Down here we're raised to praise our founding fathers who gave people like Trump the middle finger and stood tall and proud.

The president works for us. All of us. People of every race, religion, sexuality, whatever. He'd do a lot better if he remembered that and acted accordingly.

which people like Trump? Again I think you are assuming Trump is taking the role of king or dictator, when that clearly isn't the case. The "take care" clause still stands as far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I said his "desire". Put your thicker glasses on.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Right, it's all Trump's fault because he tweets and speaks his mind.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Ooops! I misread the heading, I thought you were talking about Trump as the culprit, he likes to spit on human rights too and gloat....amongst many other things, except that you don't hear much about that, there are too many distractions.

I like the way you maintained the concept almost entirely in political thought and deed though, very crafty.
Anyway, the concept works much better in a lovers setting, in itself a concept that can be very complicated.
Trump doesn't work at all there...here today, gone tomorrow...WTF was he all about, Oh! yes, himself.

Please enlighten me. Which rights has he spit on?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Presumably... you are primarily talking about Obama, yes? EO's are pretty common these days... although President Obama kind of bragged about it. I also recollect he was critical about the practice, when he was running.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

So why was Obama's butt kissed so much? He had a pen and a phone, apparently that's all he needed for his many executive orders. *Sigh* People have short memories.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join