It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another look at the icbm, s from North Korea by James Kiessling.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What would be the theoretical result of him getting 10-15 actual nuclear capable ICBM's and launching them at China ?

What do people with intelligence think China's response would be?

What could the world's response to that response be?

NK doesn't have to start a fire, they only have to provide a big enough spark.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thirtyeightnorth
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Not sure China has as much control over NK as you think. I believe if the US attacks NK then China will move in and seize control of NK. Partially because it will prevent any flood of refugees into Chinese territory.

I don't believe China would attempt to invade SK. Just not in their best interest.

Perhaps you are right. I just feel that China would be much more trepidatious and forceful if NK a rogue regime, on their border, were acquiring Nuclear Capabilities and threatening their neighbors. Who has been propping NK and the Kim's up all these years? China.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker
This is what I worry about with North Korea. Everyone laughs at the nut and does nothing. That allows him to build whatever he wants. I don't think the US has a really good idea of what he has or is capable of building.

Don't we have detectors? Can't we detect nuclear emissions?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Methods exist.

One is to detect airborne elements via a plane, as far as I know you cannot detect nuclear materials from range, I could be wrong though.

They test underground, a nuclear warhead tends to be cased too, North Korea has very hostile terrain, it's perfect for hiding things, I mentioned they're good tunnel builders too.

It would be difficult to locate all their nuclear materials, even if we could detect them from afar.
edit on 6-8-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Who is James Kiessling ? I havent found anything of note . So , why should I care ?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It is said that as power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

If that be true, why not use Kim's corruption to bring him in line?

Let him build his nukes, Russia has more, China has more, and both of those countries are not exactly friendly toward the US.

And yet, neither one has ever launched a nuclear warhead at the US, even though Nikita Khrushchev claimed he "would bury" us.

The world continued to turn, and now, in place of Mutual Assured Destruction, we have global economic interdependence.

Kim is not immune.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: dianajune

The problem is that the only way to stop him, is a military option. If we assassinate him, it destabilises everything and leads to a military resolution. If we attack, he hammers South Korea and probably Japan. There is no good way to stop him that doesn't lead to disaster.
Once you take out the top command structure the lower echelon has no one to take orders from.. their screwed, - with no communications N-Kor won't know what hit them-it's time to use the remaining 12 - 21k lb MOABs. china knows a resolution is near.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think the US and others figured out how to build camera drones the size of fly's and mosquito's long ago.

they know exactly whats happening in North Korea

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Its not what i believe. Its what others make of it. I just share. To see what people here think.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

And then you have a power vacuum. Bad Things happen when you have a power vacuum.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
NKs closest friend is China, ok a bit stretched at the moment. Now use your intelligence. China at this time is buying massively into US companies and land. So why would they allow NK to destroy their investments. I've already put to you why you shouldn't worry about China attacking or invading the US. Why damage the goods? They'll do what they are doing now. BUYING YOU.
But you believe the doom merchants "NK s got this. NKs going to do this". They tell you that with their left hand. But what's their right hand doing behind their backs?
Kim might be a megalomaniac, but he aint insane. He knows that if he launches a single warhead the retaliation will be complete annihilation and China will sit back and watch it happen cos they don't want a nutjob on their borders either.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The way i see it, is that China is better off staying quiet as Kim Wrong-un has his anger and military focus on America and its allies, SK and Japan.

Should Kim start war with nukes and destroy some US or SK military assets like bases, China gets the power gain of the area, which is what they would love right now, with them building little islands and wanting more sea territory.

Japan need be silent where Kims concerned, if one of Kims nukes hits the Fukushima nuclear plant, its game over for them.

China comes out best in this and any scenario and i would not be surprised if they have a very sly hand in what Kim is up to, America and its allies in the area need to be very careful.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

Every outcome is dangerous. A coup would be the best. Regime change. But who would dare?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I could go on, but I think it's foolhardy to dismiss the threats. Repeated sanctions do not work with Kim but only serve to make him more angry and determined to keep working on his nukes.

This threat needs to be dealt with now, not while his missiles are headed for us, South Korea, Japan or wherever.

He can be determined as he wants, but sanctions will absolutely have an effect. Bringing in 2 billion instead of 3 in a year is huge to a country like NK. It will impact them. They can't create a nuclear program on pixie dust. If he continues to bring down his country develop nuclear capabilities, he will reach a tipping point.

Sanctions do work - and these would be the harshest sanctions put into place yet. Considering that SK and Japan could be at risk of losing a lot of lives in a war situation (in addition to U.S. lives), and they are both allies, you -have- to do all you can economically first, before you take the steps you are suggesting.

Did Kim respond to the sanctions with another missile test? Nope. He might.. but he also might getting info from -everyone- under him that pushing it further would be a dire mistake for the health of his country.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
do people seriously think north korea has the ability/know how to create icbm and nuclear waepons.lol. come on tell me americans are not that naive. this is another similar case of saddam weapon of mass destruction. his general keep telling him they have nuclear weapons and icbm that can hit america because they are scare of their fat kid in a candy shop leader. if north korea really could built icbm and nukes they would have already been put down by the usa.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join