It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Passenger Reads Man's Chilling Texts, Alerts Crew

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
This is a tough one. What right did that woman have to read someone else's private messages? What about his freedom of speech?
He put it in the public domain, that's when she got the right. He sent the texts, so his Freedom of Speech was not curtailed.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You have no right to privacy when writting typing or reading in plain view of the public. If im sitting on a bus behind soneone and they are texting within easy view of my eyesught i can read what they write. No law aginst it.

Also F all child molesters. They deserve worse than whatever the inmates will do to them once theyre locked up. Molesting a child literally can ruin that childs life forever. Its heinous.

Augustus is absolutely right.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The thing is there's no freedom of privacy when using a device in public being it can be easily viewed by the public. Damn glad he was caught by someone. I really if there are others involved this leads them to it. I doubt the teacher was snooping but could rather see that such as out of the corner of their eye due to the big text as mentioned on the cell.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

He wasn't keeping them private obviously or she wouldn't have seen them. It's not like she got into his phone. He wasn't careful enough to make sure they couldn't be seen so there was no invasion of privacy.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

This is a tough one. What right did that woman have to read someone else's private messages? What about his freedom of speech?

Well that was an unexpected turn...

Try google for the word "private" and wiki for freedom of speech..

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: silo13

Good on her.

I feel there is a cosmic force that puts us in a position to help others and do good. Like a "quantum leap" type situation.

She will never have the doubt of not following her gut instinct with this.

I have one doubt that I wish I would have done something crazy and maybe been wrong at worst. I still think about it years later. I wont miss another.

What if we are supposed to be each other's angels? What if we are supposed to come in and save the day somehow. However humble we are, we can still change the world by being in the right place at the right time and by doing what our hearts tell us needs to be done.

The world needs angels.

Well then that same cosmic force puts these children in these situations in the first place so what the #?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Plane Passenger Reads Man's Chilling Texts, Alerts Crew

An airline passenger is being hailed as a "hero" after she helped stop two suspected child predators—whom she uncovered by glancing at text messages easily read over a fellow passenger's shoulder.

According to police, the unnamed Seattle-area preschool teacher became alarmed after spotting "certain words" in the large-font texts of a man seated in front of her on a Southwest flight from Seattle to San Jose.

(snip)

The woman read on as the man allegedly instructed his correspondent to molest children. "That's the moment when she decided to preserve the evidence as best as she could," an officer says. The woman took photos of the man's screen, then notified the flight crew. Once the flight had landed, the man was questioned by the FBI and San Jose police.

On the other hand - that she stepped up and didn't just let this sick-o slide? That's all good!

It's just a slippery slope to me. When does freedom not become freedom anymore and who's to judge when the line is crossed?

Conspiring to commit a crime isn't free speach. Geesh.
edit on Mon Aug 7 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote Quote Crash Course

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
"If you see something, say something." Not much different then reporting any other suspicious activity IMO.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Did you really just say that hacking a phone is worse than pedophilia?
Wtf is wrong with you?

Jaden

top topics

<< 1   >>

join