It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Trump, gains against ISIS have ‘dramatically accelerated’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The Globalists and the Deep State will not allow Trump to side with Syria and the Russians over the terrorists.

"They" will force us to support the terrorists until the Syrian government is illegally overthrown.

The agenda should be obvious and its clear that "they" are not going to allow the POTUS to get in the way.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Ohanka

Not surprised by this from you of course since your chosen candidate wanted to directly aid to the Islamic State by, in everything but name, declaring war on Syria itself.

Wrong this is what my chosen candidate said about ISIS.

A Global Threat That Must Be Stopped: ISIS is an incredibly dangerous, powerful, and barbaric organization. For the sake of people in the Middle East and all over the world, they must be stopped.

I supported Sanders not chairman Mao in a pantsuit.

Hmm yes, the guy that said terrorism is caused by global warming.

Thank god he didn't win.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: VengefulGhost

I never said anything about Trump getting rid of anything or having already dealt with any problem..

I just said it's good that he's taken the steps to.

I think they would've have spreaded regardless, unless you think this is all some pointless endeavor?

BS go over to Iraq and tell the Kurds that the fighting they have been doing for the last few years was all a rehearsal for the great Trump intervention!

I suspect you will be sent packing with a rocket up your rear end.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

And here I thought not using the words "Islamic terrorism" and staying out of the Middle East was supposed to work.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Exactly what a politician should do ... let the military handle it.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Sheet, this anti nation building mantra is just more BS posturing to placate the but hurt. Wouldn't want to influence anyone any where as if we could offer advice in the positive. Someone may break out in tears and start flying planes into buildings and what not.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: VengefulGhost

I never said anything about Trump getting rid of anything or having already dealt with any problem..

I just said it's good that he's taken the steps to.

I think they would've have spreaded regardless, unless you think this is all some pointless endeavor?

BS go over to Iraq and tell the Kurds that the fighting they have been doing for the last few years was all a rehearsal for the great Trump intervention!

I suspect you will be sent packing with a rocket up your rear end.

It will be of note, the reaction, when the poor Kurds find out they WONT be getting their own autonomous zone. Woops I mean nation state. Again to many but hurt walking around over there need someone to look down on.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

The. Kurds deserve their own nation. They have proved they deserve it. None of their neighbors will help them achieve it, we should support their Statehood, even if it means pissing off others there. The Kurds have been our only true Ally through all of this. They paid the price

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The fact is ISIS thrived under the Obama administration and spread like wildfire all across the ME and Asia over the past 6 years, virtually unchecked.

Someone has to clean up this mess.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

you seem to forget that Obama also promised to defeat isis within his term, he failed entirely.
if trump defeats them even if it takes longer then his "30 days" rhetoric it is still a huge success Obama couldn't accomplish....

shouldn't you be supporting the overthrow of isis instead of criticizing, just which side are you on?

idiots bringing left vs right conflict into this thread seem clueless that this thread is about US vs isis.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Trump in headline management shocker...takes personal credit for multilateral international effort. Jeez...the other countries didn't even get their condescending pat on the head as a footnote.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I've been following the war in Syria, and under Obama the US rarely did much of anything to fight ISIS. Occasionally we'd drop a bomb somewhere as a token effort, but it the fight against ISIS was about 99% hot air.

These days, well, it's still mostly the Kurds and the Syrian Army fighting ISIS, but now the US bombs something roughly once a day, as opposed to perhaps once every couple of weeks (until a few months ago). And the US supported the fight to retake Mosul, and is supported the fight to retake Raqqa.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Yeah, I agree. People are too idealistic, imperialism isn't bad per definition. And Russia and China do it too. It's good to be critical of our governments but we're still pretty damn free in the west. Of course the problem is nation building costs money and people want the troops to come back home, understandably.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join