It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The silkiness of reality.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

There is a saying in Spanish that says " you can dress a monkey in silk, But no matter how well you do it a monkey will always be a monkey.

This is how absurd us Humans have become, not just now but way back we have been toying with the absurd.

Trying to con ourselves and others that we are more.Sure there is nothing wrong with a fancy dress and a bit of fun, what pulls us into the absurd is when we actually believe our very own disguise.
Hollywood pumps us with all these amazing people, with amazing rich lives full of glamour. But do we really buy into that? or are we ready to be happy just as we are? Silk or no silk our best definition is our happiness our true kindness.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Bad ape

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
interesting as I wrote this the joker came to mind, especialy your joker.a reply to: robbeh

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Hollywood pumps us with all these amazing people, with amazing rich lives full of glamour.

History of Flammable Clothing

The definition for flammable clothing came about in the 1940s, due to the highly flammable Gene Autry cowboy suits, which were made of rayon. The definition was then reinforced when girls began being burned by highly flammable cotton sweaters, nicknamed “Torch Sweaters”.

Rayon is made of nitrocellulose aka gunpowder(smokeless not blackpowder).

I remember a saying from a science fiction book I read circa 1970, "You have the chance of the proverbial nitrocellulose dog chasing the asbestos cat in hell".

Silk IS flammable

More Info: All fabrics, including silk, can burn. However, some fabrics are more combustible than others are. For example, untreated silk and cotton burn more readily than wool, which is difficult to ignite. On the other hand, silk is much less flammable than rayon, which ignites easily but burns slowly.

Silk or no silk our best definition is our happiness our true kindness.

I've seen pictures that would suggest that nudists have great times. I'm sure that that applies to special places and events. I've seen pictures of people in silk having a good old time too.

It boils down to when the happy pictures are taken. The reason I brought up the flammability of silk, is that I attended a fire event when silk was burned, no pictures of that ended up in the last page of a wedding album.

And, not to leave out the nudists, I've had skin cancer as well as other people I've known.

Now allow me to balance out my cynicism. Good times, oh yeah! Happy times. Oh yeah! Kind times. Oh yeah!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So you are a cynical that likes a bit of libra? Or am I miss reading you? Or maybe saying anything superficial doesn't last?a reply to: pthena

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

I just thought that what I had written may have come off as cynicism. I'm not really a cynic. Libra-esque. Balance, with the beam non-static, ebb and flow, back and forth.

The scale is the opposite of the proverbial clock that is correct twice a day.

I'm pretty sure that the proverbial nitrocellulose dog quote is from Skylark DuQuesne, by E. E. Smith, 1965.

anything superficial doesn't last?

Even the superficial lasts in memory. Through remembering we know of balance. The Only Now Exists crowd is a crowd I do not run with

To emphasize the value of the superficial and memory of the superficial as reflecting reality, there is a story which I wrote recently:
Theist Meets Heathen
edit on 6-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sounds good nice to meet you around here. Two feet better than one a reply to: pthena

top topics

join