It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's on the news today: President Trump and the Russian invovlement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: ilikenotebooks
a reply to: xuenchen

quit trying to bait me. the source is trump jr. this is his own quote. anyone can find this info on multiple sites with a quick search. i know any source i give will be met with "fake news". also i am aware that context matters as occamsrazor pointed out. but this is an actual quote.

Then source it.

Dude, it doesn't matter if you have the sources or not. You'll cry FAKE NEWS anyway. Why anyone would bother to show you a link to anything is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: underwerks

To say Russian money makes up a disproportionate cross-section of their assets is putting it lightly, given the decades of financial support Trump has received from Russian oligarchs and the mob. Which I would like to add, are basically part of the Russian government.

I was waiting for that subtle piece of sophistry to rear its head. Now the Russian mob is a part of the Russian government. This is the result of the insinuation that every Russian is a part of the Russian government, a Russian spy, a russian oligarch. A lie, of course.

Why would you be "waiting" on that? It's common knowledge the Russian Mob is an extension of their government, in a lot of ways.

That's a basic fact that's in any book about the Russian Mob.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
IS it important ? What did the man say ? Make america great again !!! So what did they do ? Bikkering about Trump and the Russians ? America is one sick puppy ... i've had it... russia is not a banana republik it's the greatest country on earth. 10 times older than the USA. USA should work together with Russia to fight the injustice of this world . The greatest threat of america are it's own inhabitants...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
So, when Trump Jr said they see a lot of money pouring in from Russia, he didn't mean they see a lot of money pouring in from Russia?

When I am selling you my car and tell you it runs like new does that mean it actually runs like new? Fluff. Meaningless.

Even though financial records show Russian money has been pouring into the Trump organization for years?

Awesome show me the records and why they are nefarious.
edit on 6-8-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Why would you be "waiting" on that? It's common knowledge the Russian Mob is an extension of their government, in a lot of ways.

Nonsense. Name one book that contains this information.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

So, when Trump Jr said they see a lot of money pouring in from Russia, he didn't mean they see a lot of money pouring in from Russia?

When I am selling you my car and tell you it runs like new does that mean it actually runs like new? Fluff. Meaningless.

How is it just "fluff" if the Russians have actually been pouring money into the Trump org for years?

What Trump Jr said there, is verifiably true.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Can't wait to see the usual plethora of Trump supporters turn up and call this fake news and then ask about Hillary for 20 pages

Trump said it best on the campaign trail, "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters." Now just substitute voters with "supporters" and it still rings true. Troubling to say the least.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I know what you actually want is a trial and conviction in the court of public opinion whether he is guilty or not, but sorry, I will never back that.

for someone that constantly cries others 'put words in your mouth'(As little as a half hour ago) you constantly claim to know what others want, think, say, and do.
edit on 6-8-2017 by LooksLocked because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

To say Russian money makes up a disproportionate cross-section of their assets is putting it lightly, given the decades of financial support Trump has received from Russian oligarchs and the mob. Which I would like to add, are basically part of the Russian government.

I was waiting for that subtle piece of sophistry to rear its head. Now the Russian mob is a part of the Russian government. This is the result of the insinuation that every Russian is a part of the Russian government, a Russian spy, a russian oligarch. A lie, of course.

Even if we assume you are right, it's a logical fallacy anyways. Just because SOME work they do is for the government does not mean everything they do is for the government.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

How is it just "fluff" if the Russians have actually been pouring money into the Trump org for years?

What Trump Jr said there, is verifiably true.

The words are fluff, meaningless, you keep saying we have tons of actual evidence, I keep asking for it .. you keep refusing to show it.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

I think someone on the news might be spying on ATS and found the link. Now it's on the news.

We have our own Sillyolme to thank for that little bit of investigative journalism, me thinks.

a reply to: Sillyolme

I did send a link to this sight to Rachel Maddows blog. www.msnbc.com... Invited her to join.

Confirmation Madcow gets her "hot tips" from ATS.

edit on 8 6 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Even if we assume you are right, it's a logical fallacy anyways. Just because SOME work they do is for the government does not mean everything they do is for the government.

It's ridiculous. Russian authorities, an actual extension of the Russian government, arrest members of various Russian mobs all the time. This sophistry is an attempt to connect this witch hunt with the other witch hunt.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Here is Fox News Shepard Smith, calling trump out again, and the media did not lie.

Shep ... ha ha ... what a great example.

Shep hates President Trump because President Trump hates 'people like Shep'. See how I said that?

Ahhhhhahahahahahahaha!!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

actually if you read what you quoted me as saying, you would realize that i said that i am aware that context matters. you didn't debunk anything.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

a reply to: xuenchen

quit trying to bait me. the source is trump jr. this is his own quote. anyone can find this info on multiple sites with a quick search. i know any source i give will be met with "fake news". also i am aware that context matters as occamsrazor pointed out. but this is an actual quote.

Then source it.

Dude, it doesn't matter if you have the sources or not. You'll cry FAKE NEWS anyway. Why anyone would bother to show you a link to anything is beyond me.

LOL

So the "Sources" said.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

actually if you read what you quoted me as saying, you would realize that i said that i am aware that context matters. you didn't debunk anything.

Yet still no "Sources" coughed up.

A Gem.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Sorry, I did. In context the quote is meaningless. People keep saying we have evidence .. I keep saying ok great show it .. then they say but the quote! I then say meaningless .. they say but we have evidence, I say great show it .. they say but the quote ..

Rinse and repeat.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Nonsense. Name one book that contains this information.

As a starting point I would recommend Nothing is True and everything is Possible, by Peter Pomerantsev.

I've read everything about any and every mafia in existence since I was a kid. I figured it was common knowledge how the Russian mobsters with loads of cash bought into the government when the Soviet Union fell. Or how it isn't coincidence that most enforcers employed by the Russian mob are ex Spetsnaz.

The money, illicit and otherwise, began to rain in earnest after the Soviet Union fell in 1991. President Boris Yeltsin’s shift to a market economy was so abrupt that cash-rich gangsters and corrupt government officials were able to privatize and loot state-held assets in oil, coal, minerals, and banking. Yeltsin himself, in fact, would later describe Russia as “the biggest mafia state in the world.” After Vladimir Putin succeeded Yeltsin as president, Russian intelligence effectively joined forces with the country’s mobsters and oligarchs, allowing them to operate freely as long as they strengthen Putin’s power and serve his personal financial interests.

newrepublic.com...
edit on 6-8-2017 by underwerks because: Link

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is just the beginning....

Attacking the source just shows you ain't got nothin...

A refresher course perhaps....#5 and #19

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Yet still no "Sources" coughed up.

A Gem.

Man tells woman he has a lot of cars. She imagines this.

The truth is this.

Fluff doesn't matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join