It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Hunting the Fast Movers*... back to the past!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Nope no contrails. Zaph an correct me but i think contrails from 25k to 40ish-k .
edit on 12-8-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeedFanatic

originally posted by: GrumpyBollocks
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

From the events described to me, yes both platforms were manned, during one landing of the larger platform he mentioned aircrew being swapped, no other details really apart from there always being other US aircraft in the vicinity during recovery / takeoff

While telling about 'larger platform' do you mean about this bird? :

I'm going with that pic being a Blackbird just purely because of the time of day it's taking off its too light for a hidden black project.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks Bass

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: nelloh62

Nope no contrails. Zaph an correct me but i think contrails from 25k to 40ish-k .

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Average is 30-42 or so, but yeah, that's about right.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What is it drier air the smaller the envelope for contrails so like 30-40k. More humid air and the contrails form lower into the mid 20k range.

Oh well, im not going to get into why they are red or what that means. Fun to see if others can figure out on their own.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Exactly. The more humid the air, especially with newer engines the lower they form. They did a study with an A330 and 707, and watched the Airbus leaving a big beautiful contrail, and the 707 leave the standard light brown exhaust trail.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Would it happen to be that picture that some idiots were using as proof of Chemtrails on Twitter a while ago?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

What is it the A380 thats that massive behemoth? Saw one taking off from lax last week and thought to myself that thing is huge.

I gotta wonder how huge the plums are off those massive bypass engines.

Wonder if you had enough of them you could produce enough cloud cover to reduce global warming.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Yeah, that's the one. I've posted it here more than once to prove engine tech has changed contrail formation radically. The "I never saw those as a kid" comments get old.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Well, some past ATS members had pictures of undisclosed jets taken during daylight hours..

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Depends on conditions, but some of the contrails left by even twin jets are incredible. There was a gorgeous 787 trail seen a few weeks ago that was one of the bigger ones I've seen a picture of.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Black projects are flown during the day only if there is absolutely no humanly possible way to avoid it, or for deliberate reasons.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Haha I like I said I came across it on twitter with people saying it proves Chemtrails. I got blocked for saying the "chemicals would be better off in petrol or diesel rather than planes".

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

That's common. Go to some sites and bring facts and evidence in and you'll be blocked stop fast your head will spin.

Contrails are useful sometimes though. I've caught a couple unknown demonstrators (they weren't going into production and were proof of concept stuff) along the I-80 corridor because of contrails.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hey zaph. I saw that one flying fairly low over los angeles a few years ago. Real pretty. You think that was on purpose or because it may go grey in the future. I hope it does it looks badass. But again los angeles is a city full of foreign denizens that would love to report back to their masters a photo of some new scary looking american bird. Not a bad place to fly one deliberatly. Fairly low...at noon.

Personally i hope its because that ones hopefully going grey soon.
edit on 12-8-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
FWIW, The following quote is from an interview with then Secretary of Defense Robert Gates on April 11, 2010 on the program "Meet The Press":

"We have, in addition to the nuclear deterrent today, a couple of things we didn't have in the Soviet days. We have missile defense now, and that's growing by leaps and bounds every year; significant budget increase for that this year, both regional and the ground-based interceptors. And we have prompt global strike affording us some conventional alternatives on long-range missiles that we didn't have before. "

Source:
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Off the 80? Like along the wyoming leg?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Between the Utah line and Rawlings.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Black projects are flown during the day only if there is absolutely no humanly possible way to avoid it, or for deliberate reasons.

Zaph, by saying this are you suggesting that the bird from below photo is just SR-71?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Yep exactly where i figure.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join