It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Hunting the Fast Movers*... back to the past!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: wirehead

I cant speak for his sightings but in my case no.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

no, not like that. it's a strange effect. the light had 'arms' that would twist around the light and the 'arms' were all different lengths and were always straight and if light could have weight i would say they had weight

mostly blue with some white and colors in between

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Holy Sheezad,
wirehead,
That is what the 'twinkling" or pulsating light I've written about looks like.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Thats intriguing. Wonder what it woukd be caused by in relation to an aircraft.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It moves so fast, that my initial thought is that it is directly related to propulsion. Given, that its still over US teritory, it would not make sense that it was sort of CM.
So its either some sort of envelope being generated around the airframe or its the propulsion itself.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What would cause coronal discharge like that on an aircraft.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Some sort of em field i would say.
Drag reduction or boom silencing maybe?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
With this weekends events in Korea, now would be good time to watch the skies of the west coast

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Was watching all night. Saw iss but nothing else. Id imagine weve had most of that stuff closer to where the action is for a few months now.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
What would cause coronal discharge like that on an aircraft.

It happens when you pack too much charge in one place, preferentially where your geometry is pointiest. Would be pretty strange for an aircraft to generate and maintain such voltages, but I've heard it can help with drag reduction.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

no need, you can generate a plasma field with microwaves at relatively low voltages that will significantly reduce drag.
edit on 3-9-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Makes a lot of sense to me to create huge voltages in aircraft.

(Erased naughty stuff)

Would that be useful. I dunno. at best my thoughts hazy, best known for driving zaph crazy. Im demented and deranged. I request a middle seat on an aeroplane. Im a weirdo. But i guess youve known i even use a banana as a telephone! What! I use a banana as a telephone!!!

(Left that part in because im trying to get a rap deal and i need feedback on my syphering skillz)
edit on 3-9-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

One could also generate an EM field to ionize the air and create a vacuum bubble in the direction of travel. Remember Fleischman and Pons, when a "vacuum bubble" collapses it gives off photons.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yes good point and something to think about.
However we can use plasma as an aero spike and shove a good amount of the air out of the way. Giving it a much lower drag coefficient.

But my way also allows you to tell russias optically guided anti air missiles to eat chode. Allows for dynamic radar and optical stealth. Allows higher angle of attack on fuselage and wings giving better lift. Helps mitigate sonic booms (not completly) and gives all the ions a magnet could gobble up for ...other....uses....n stuff.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Yes good point and something to think about.
However we can use plasma as an aero spike and shove a good amount of the air out of the way. Giving it a much lower drag coefficient.

No need to shove the air out of the way if you are not actually moving through it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Another aspect that nobody has hit on, is the ability, shown by the fusion people, to be able to control the shape of an electromagnetic field using various methods.
We know electromagnetic fields have been succesfully used to manipulate airflow around amd vehicle.
Now lets take that a step further and generate a "virtual airframe" around a vehicle that can be manipulated to provide what ever aerodynamic profile needed.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Another good point of yours. Plasma can be used as virtual airframe componants. Want more air for the engine intake. Plasma bloom below and just infront of engine intake cowling. Now more air shunted into engine.

Ever look at the quiet boom demonstrators. Although most of the magic is in the shaping. One of the things you want is a long skinny airframe. Want to make a fighter jet have a long skinny virtual airframe? just use plasma as an air spike and dictate, by how far ahead of the nose you place it, how long the airframe seems to the airflow.

Also notice quiet boom demonstrators are thicker on top of the fuselage than the bottom near the nose. This is to push the bow shockwave up and away from the ground where sonic booms can be heard. Using plasma to change the virtual shape of the forward end of the aircraft can also help push the sonic boom up and away from prying ears.

Of course crazy bass would insist on plasma blooms inside the intake too....

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Or you could use your virtual airframe in transformer mode, turning that generic lifting body into a highspeed dash mobile or a long loiter platform depending of the need.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Seamless hingeless variable geometry is fairly mature. Id use a combo of both.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Ima gonna wander a sec;
Wichita, what was that all about?
It is pretty obvious we showed that off, but to what end? Just showing we have some new un acknowledged airframe isnt that scary, its not in production. Then I was thinking maybe we showed it to them in the visible spectrum to show off that it is invisible to other spectra? Possible.
Now what if you take your virtual airframe amd turn that decidedly subsonic platform and make supersonic. It was seen by the peeping boris over wichita, then maybe again, some where it shouldnt be seen, cause it aint that fast. And maybe it still doesnt show up in those other spectra.
How intimidating would that be, an extremely stealthy loitering bomber that has supercruise?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join