It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Hunting the Fast Movers*... back to the past!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GrumpyBollocks

classic case of telling everyone they're thinking about it way after they first had it working .

How many times I've heard about it... lol

On the other note, very nice info when it comes to Taranis cousin. It shows technological chellenges and how advanced it was.

Check out your inbox in the other place, btw

edit on 24-8-2017 by SpeedFanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
mbkennel wrote :

"I agree that there is no opportunity to turn around. On the other hand, at high enough altitude and with moderately maneuvering missiles and bombs, wouldn't you be able to target perhaps 2 or 3 locations, as long as they were part of the allowable kinetic envelope?"

Yes, absolutely you could, just from the physics of the situation. However, the question is whether there would be any secondary targets worthy of what amounts to a silver bullet.

A piloted hypersonic glider would cost a whole lot more per warhead delivered than, for example, a simple cruise missile; there would have to be a very good reason to use one. The obvious candidates would be WMD on the top of ballistic missiles, Command and Control Centers, or decapitation strikes--all targets that are time critical. You would only launch a hypersonic glider at one of this kind of target.

If there happened to be a secondary target within reach after the primary target was prosecuted you could always direct surplus ordnance at it. However, it would probably be an uncommon event.

But, in any case you would probably not want to land with unexpended ordnance.

a reply to: mbkennel

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

cool old hand drawn pictures

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

ugh do those look small and cut off?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yes they do. They look cool though. Why don't you just upload them and post them directly into the thread?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Hey Penroc,

Great selection! BAE still love those nested configurations

Would be great if you could upload the full size pics. Definitely some fast movers there.

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

i have the pictures in q folder on my computer, where is the upload on ATS?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Postimage is easier. postimages.org...

just upload the whole folder.

however if you want to upload to ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Thanks Grey, sorry Penroc....I was out last night. Pub quiz!

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

s26.postimg.org...

s26.postimg.org...

s26.postimg.org...

s26.postimg.org...

apparently ATS doesnt like one of my chrome extensions so i had to use this

then there are these

s26.postimg.org...
edit on 30-8-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

as you can see the nasa power point and the drawings and testing done in the 60's dont jive. as most of not all of the first page flew in some way

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Notice on the second to last pic in your post its a lockheed chart of hypersonics. The final generation of hypersonics says ready by 2040. Reusable/persistant -isr,strike. Notice it looks a lot like lockheeds "sr72". Notice in the lockheed commercials they show the same type of aircraft but not apparently doing isr.

What if that and the depiction of the "sr72" isnt the "sr72" but something else and that its ready now. Not in 2040ish.

Wouldnt put it past lockheed to depict a spyplane but instead show depictions of some hypersonic bomber. As if to tacitly admit two things are operationable that russia and china has to worry about.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Interesting note. The last pic of the tr....uhhh....the triangle has a hump in the top center. Thats very similar to the one i saw except the hump was smoother and more rounded.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Very cool. Boy what I would have given to be in the meeting or briefing that Powerpoint slide was from.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

lol it was the best i could do with a trackpad and ms paint, i even got the scintillating 'lights' in there.

as far as the hypersonic stuff, something that was at the VERY least in wind tunnel testing late 50's early 60's is showing back up in 2017...if i were them i would just say to the public that we had the shape down but didn't have the materials and other technologies to make them a viable platform. and that is why they are showing up now.

then there is reality, there is at least 2 things flying right now that are sub orbital heck maybe orbital and FAST that have been flying for a good amount of time.

and as for the black thing, well i don't even really know how to classify that. They exist and are all over the place, so why use the other stuff? right tool for the right job? compartmentalized projects/air frames? I clearly don't know the true operation envelopes for these craft, if i were going to try and scare Russia or China i would just hover over their house at night and say hi.

At this point i don't know why north korea is even a issue other than stage shows.

ughh rabbit holes

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The XB 70 in my eyes was too advanced for its time and may be linked to the fast movers maybe they stored it for a while till tech caught and then changed some bits.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

It seems like a logical progression of technology but then we CHOSE to go slow again? doubtful. NASA was using them so why wouldn't the CIA/NSA etc. want something that could launch small payloads into orbit, or do some nice photography and have the ability to strike anything deemed necessary for a bomb.

we are(if you go by what LH is pushing in there adds)looking to go fast again.

i say we never stopped going fast and everything we see or think is coming out, is well .... pretty old.

and i think this is where the other stuff comes along. The REAL projects.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
as far as the hypersonic stuff, something that was at the VERY least in wind tunnel testing late 50's early 60's is showing back up in 2017...if i were them i would just say to the public that we had the shape down but didn't have the materials and other technologies to make them a viable platform. and that is why they are showing up now.

All of this has happened before and will happen again... and again...

In the early 1980s the Air Force Space Command was looking at the possibility of building a manned spaceplane. “Because they’ve got something called a Space Division, they have to have something to fill it. It’s like Parkinson’s law of airplanes,” Cunningham said, referring to the old adage that work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.

At the time, John Parangosky was consulting for an aerospace contractor and got word of the Air Force’s interest. According to Cunningham, Parangosky heard about the project and got the ISINGLASS files pulled out of storage and “sort of on a disembodied basis” let the Air Force know what would happen if they tried to mate certain kinds of high-temperature metals. “‘Where’d you get that?’ they’d ask. Well, that was research that was done about 1965.”

www.thespacereview.com...

whats another 10 billion and another generation of enginieers he?

and as for the black thing, well i don't even really know how to classify that. They exist and are all over the place, so why use the other stuff? right tool for the right job? compartmentalized projects/air frames? I clearly don't know the true operation envelopes for these craft, if i were going to try and scare Russia or China i would just hover over their house at night and say hi.

At this point i don't know why north korea is even a issue other than stage shows.
Compartmentalization obviously. The Air Force has no need to know. Triangles probably belong to some alphabet soup agency and thats the end of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

that is all kind of my point, this is where we WERE, not where we're GOING.

it's a fair assumption by my own observations that all this stuff is already operational, unless its aliens lol.

at the end of the day the CIA,NSA,DIA etc i hope all plays for America. or at least her people, conspiracies aside.

the contractor's sell to the highest bidders, maybe in different forms but NSA wants a triangle, they get a high orbital one that focus on data harvesting, A.F gets fighter sized ones for that good fight etc.

and thats not even getting into the plasma balls....i can't believe i am talking about this and hoping i get taken seriously.

there was a PROJECT PALLADIUM that the NSA/CIA/NAVY owned that used balls of various sizes to fool enemy RADAR and other neat tricks, what was there propulsion? they were mobile and launched out of subs... maybe thats where the plasma balls get there start?! but if any of the stuff flying around is 'E.T' it would be these.

link]

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

lol it was the best i could do with a trackpad and ms paint, i even got the scintillating 'lights' in there.

Would you say the "scintillating lights" looked like a corona discharge? Like this: youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join