It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump holding meetings with religious leaders

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Sure it is. Televangelists sell a belief system for power and money. Al gore sells a belief system for power and money.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

That's a complete non-sequitur. Slavery/segregation/etc is an evil pockmark on our past. That doesn't mean everything from the era was wrong and evil.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Not a non-sequitur. MAGA implies that it has gotten worse before it got better. At what point has it gotten worse?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: mOjOm

However it's not the only method to achieve those benefits.

I know, right? Facebook can replace it all, just ask zuckerberg.

If that's what you really think that's on you. I certainly never said anything like that, nor would I.

But it's interesting to me how you just imply that it's me who's saying such a thing. You don't ask me what I think first or anything. You just make up a stupid statement and throw it out there as if it's what I'm thinking in order to discredit me when I've never said anything at all close to that and I never would.

But because it's easier for you to just make up a lie rather than actually take the chance and listen to what someone else has to say, that's what you chose to do.

Are you really that afraid of what I really think that you have to try and discredit me with a lie before you even find out what I have to say???

Do you actually feel like you've done something good and honest with that statement???

Are such tactics in a simple conversation really honorable in your opinion???

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Sure it is. Televangelists sell a belief system for power and money. Al gore sells a belief system for power and money.

If you want to include Al Gore with thousands of televangelists then sure. Al Gore is not a scientist.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

It was a big headline a few days ago. It was just a snarky response, nothing more.

Here's a link to the zuckerberg article.
www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Well that depends on what you mean. Morally? a lot in the last 5 years, but slow steps over the last 50. Economically, since about 2000.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Al gore is just the big one. There are others, like DiCaprio, most everyone on TYT, etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Ok, I guess.

I'm not sure why you thought I deserved a snarky comment though. Especially out of nowhere and in response to me saying that Religion isn't the only method for people to find healthy personal communal relationships.

But over the years I've had others choose to be snarky to me for reasons unclear to me on many occasions. So now I just accept the fact that it's going to happen now and then. But I do find it interesting in some ways.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I am afraid to ask you what you mean by "morally", partially because I think I know the answer.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

It wasn't a targeting of you personally, your phrasing just sparked the memory of zuckerberg wanting to replace church and little league with his mass profit enterprise that gives literally nothing back to the community. No need to read too much into it.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The degradation of the nuclear family, the assault on our founding documents, the assault on religion in general, moral relativism, etc

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Wow. That's a pretty dumb thing to say even for him.

He obviously thinks much more highly of his Creation than is justifiable IMO.

But then again he's been rewarded for it far beyond what is justifiable too IMO. When the world treats you like a king or demi-god for creating a social media platform I guess you might eventually start believing the hype after a while. He isn't the first and won't be the last to get caught up in such self admiration.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well, what a surprise. Trump is having a bunch of meetings with religious leaders, but is he having meetings with atheist leaders, or humanist leaders, or agnostic, or scientific leaders? Somehow I don't think so. These people already have far too much power in America and have had for decades, why are we bringing them into the white house and focusing on outdated, unproven and regressive beliefs and cultures? Not to mention the government isn't supposed to be espousing any religions, so it could be unconstitutional as well if he makes policies based on these meetings.

www.christianpost.com...

Sorry, you couldn't be more wrong. Religion has been banished from schools, gatherings and replaced with transgender and trans humanist agendas. Back off Trump religious leader meeting. It's all part of a free society. You should be more concerned about the lobbyists writing your laws on capital Hill than a few religious meetings.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Well, what a surprise. Trump is having a bunch of meetings with religious leaders, but is he having meetings with atheist leaders, or humanist leaders, or agnostic, or scientific leaders? Somehow I don't think so. These people already have far too much power in America and have had for decades, why are we bringing them into the white house and focusing on outdated, unproven and regressive beliefs and cultures? Not to mention the government isn't supposed to be espousing any religions, so it could be unconstitutional as well if he makes policies based on these meetings.

www.christianpost.com...

Sorry, you couldn't be more wrong. Religion has been banished from schools, gatherings and replaced with transgender and trans humanist agendas. Back off Trump religious leader meeting. It's all part of a free society. You should be more concerned about the lobbyists writing your laws on capital Hill than a few religious meetings.

you just believe everything alex jones tells you?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

www.christianpost.com...

you just believe everything alex jones tells you?

I don't listen to Alex Jones, but I do have a brain. You should try using yours before you post! You're new here. Don't start it out making enemies. Unless you work for MI6 you should know that the UK has already been subverted by the Deep State. I feel sorry for you Brits. Apparently others there agree with me or there wouldn't have been a Brexit. You read ATS, I'd thought you'd be better informed.
edit on 8-8-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Jesus was not 'against' the ten commandments... He came to replace the law as there is no way by living in the law you can ever truly become righteous. But, we are still to adhere to the ten commandments.

peace

He wouldn't be against them. He would be against putting monuments to them up at courthouses.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

just when was america great?? how far would we have to go back??
economically we were great for awhile after WW 2, but once the world got over saturated with our innovative products and companies in other countries managed to tear those product down and redesign them, we lost that edge some. and well, then we stopped being so innovative, we lost the edge...
but, much of that greatness had far more to do with the US entering the war late, being so far away from the major players, and walking away as the big winner.. the keeper of the world trade currency!! it had very little to do with how religious the people were, how moral they were.. but, now that our bankers and wall street wizards have shown the world just bogus their world currency and our economy is... how do we make america great this time?
just how was america great in the past, besides it's economic advantage? was it the large families that many of my childhood friends were a part of that made it great? was it all those great stories on tv, the leave it to beaver, the my three sons, the mayberries, the brady bunches, that seem to have convinced so many that life in those days were oh, so much better, with moms at home baking cookies while dad was off earning paychecks big enough the afford those sweet houses big enough to house their many, many children?
yes, in some ways, things were better.. you could send your five year old child to school in the morning and be pretty sure that they would have managed to walk and arrive there without being kidnapped or hit by some lunatic driver, you cold give them a little money and send them to the store when you noticed that you didn't have a needed ingredient to finish the supper, heck, you could send them off to buy you your cigarettes...
but in other ways, well, the old worn down schools with their ceilings that had a tendency to drop dust into your food in the cafeteria, with housing that wasn't any better, the rats that lived in the alleyways, the overly polluted streams and rivers.. in some ways, we are much better off today!!
I lived in the downtown of a small city, it was my playground, I can tell you right now...
most of the cashiers in those stores, the servers at their soda fountains were working women, the working women were in the major factories, they were in the fields picking produce, they were in the gov't offices typing away, in the schools working, the idea that they were all like little beaver's mom, staying home all day in their nice big home was not the norm!! the tv shows were just an illusion, presented to us courtesy of the more fortunate, their view of the perfect way of life, which was unattainable for the many!

so, have to ask, just how far back was it that you wanted to go??

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

it's my understanding that the ten commandment monuments, along with the "In God we Trust" on our money came about in the late 40's or early 50's... a propaganda campaign against the soviets.
ya know, the evil, godless communists against the Holy, godly Americas..
it was our god given duty to protect the world from these evil people!! so, well, we took part in the wars, the destruction of quite a few countries, killed a few economies and sentenced their people to starvation, assassinated a few elected leaders and put in our puppets...
all in the name of the god who's ten commandments commands 'THOU SHALT NOT KILL"

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't think there was a golden time from the vantage point of all aspects of the nation. Economically, any time we've had above 3% sustained growth and full employment. Socially, well it's scattered throughout our history based on which social policies you're talking about. Foreign policy, Probably between post WWII to pre WWI.

One thing is for sure, right now, we are not a great nation and haven't been for over a decade. We've been declining for probably two decades.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join