It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump holding meetings with religious leaders

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Those televangelists say that their private jets are to get closer to God.

You be the judge.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Religion gives people a sense of identity and belonging. One can have morals and be a good person without ever having exposure to organized religion.

People also find the community inviting. People like belonging to groups.

I don't care if you want to believe magical cockroaches rule the universe, just don't use your religion to push an agenda on me. Just like you don't wag your privates in my face, don't wave your religion in my face.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well duh, heaven has...like...lots of clouds and stuff, and God lives "up there" (points to sky).

So naturally you're gonna need an airplane to fly up there to be closer to God...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yeah. They're really working hard trying to justify their personal jets aren't they???

I love it when they start talking and narrating in God too. When they do it like God is speaking directly to them like another person in the room and about the most unimportant topics too.

Ken Copeland is one of the king daddy liars of all time. I swear there are a couple times where his BS was so far out there even he almost started to laugh but resisted enough to get away with it. I've seen him do it a couple times and have pointed it out to my wife.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Well duh, heaven has...like...lots of clouds and stuff, and God lives "up there" (points to sky).

So naturally you're gonna need an airplane to fly up there to be closer to God...

and take part in the angelic bowling league??
by the sounds of things last week, someone was having one heck of an awesome game!! sounded like they managed to get a strike on every lane with just one throw!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

a reply to: dawnstar

Frank Amedia. Trumps Christian policy advisor. The same guy who likes to tell his story about how he, with Gods help of course, stopped a Tsunami from hitting land where his daughter was while she was on the phone with him.

Because it's always good to have a Wizard that thinks they can control the weather as an advisor to the President.

Lol, you really want to go there?

No. I'm just here to listen to myself talk.

Of course I want to go there. By all means, let's go already. Do I have to draw everyone a map or what???

Al Gore.

But obama showed him up by stopping the rising oceans.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Absolutely. In fact for most people that's what it is. It's a community thing where you belong to something bigger than yourself and where you interact with people on a very personal level. Which is totally understandable too. We're social animals and we live in a society and culture which makes those things super difficult to find. We live surrounded by more people than ever now. More people living than ever in our recorded history and yet many people feel so isolated and insignificant that they're committing suicide and seeking therapy and crying for help because they're so alone somehow.

That and other reasons is why I oppose the idea that I'm just anti-religious. I'm not. There are some aspects of it that I know can be healthy and good for people. However it's not the only method to achieve those benefits. I also often don't think that those benefits which sometimes happen for some out weigh all the horrible things which have also come along with it overall.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Leading the prayer was “Holy Laughter” pastor Rodney Howard-Browne, who later claimed that the prayer was meant to avert a “planned attack” that Luciferian forces were concocting to remove the president from office, which Howard-Browne said he had learned about from a member of Congress.

It turns out Howard-Browne’s talk of this supposed “planned attack” drew the attention of the Secret Service, but they were out of luck when they asked him for more details. In an interview on End Times broadcaster Rick Wiles’ “TruNews” program on Thursday, Howard-Browne said that he had been visited by members of the Secret Service who wanted to know more about this supposed plot to take out the president, but he refused to provide them with any information.

www.rightwingwatch.org...

ooops!!! guess one shouldn't talk about those demonic forces when you hear them making plans to attack the pres??

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I'm not familiar with either of them invoking God to control the weather.

Can you point me to a link or something so I can hear their story???

Also, if what you say is true, why wouldn't I want to go there??? You think I wouldn't find the same joy in making fun of Obama or Gore for telling stories about them invoking God Magic as I do anyone else for doing it???

I thought you knew me better than that after all the time we've been talking.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
my religion is no one's business!! wish other's would feel the same way about theirs!!

Yeah well good for you!

I wish the people with no religion would mind their own bizness too.

Dawkins is getting a lot of crap for dissing islam, from the prog left, pretty funny because he is a hero when he disses christianity.

He was disinvited from a radio show in cali.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You know I've often wondered that myself. I mean some of the stuff these people say and claim is so extremely delusional you think to yourself how can anyone not only believe this crap, but how the hell can they even say it. I mean it's so damn ridiculous any normal person wouldn't even attempt saying it.

But then I realized something. Many of these people aren't rational to begin with. Nor is the environment in which they live requiring them to be in order for them to succeed. So it not only doesn't harm them to make this stuff up but actually rewards them for it.

Now, that's not to say they all believe their own BS. Some I'm sure just simply have no shame at all about what they're doing. Or perhaps might just be compulsive liars or something too. But some of them, probably more than you'd think actually believe their own crazy BS. It seems strange to you and me for example because the rational part of us at the very least understands reality from a rational perspective so there are limits to what we will accept just on someone's word alone. But these people aren't rational, nor are they pressured to be rational. In fact they are conditioned to told to not trust that kind of thinking from early on.

I imagine it would be like a cult leader. You're in a position where all around you people DO believe the crazy stuff you say and the crazier the better most times. You're treated as special and unique and revered for it. After a while you probably start thinking, "Hell, I am special. Maybe I really am magic. Maybe God really does listen and create miracles upon my request." I mean who knows. But some I honestly do think believe what they are saying. Which is scary as hell too. Someone who knows they're lying knows there is a limit somewhere that they can't go beyond or they'll be found out. Someone who believes their own BS will be able to quite far and do it with confidence which also attracts others to believe in them as well.

Interesting how much you have to say about something you think (or give the impression) of thinking is 'off'...

What are you searching for?

Because if you're not searching for something? That is by far the saddest post I've read on ATS since I first arrived.

peace

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Dawkins is getting a lot of crap for dissing islam, from the prog left, pretty funny because he is a hero when he disses christianity.

He was disinvited from a radio show in cali.

have no idea what, or who really, you are talking about here, sorry..

but it seems to me that there's a portion of followers within both christianity and islam that should be criticized some...
quite frankly, those two portions seem to have more in common with each other than either would care to admit, and you can add the fundies within the jewish and a few other religions in there also...
in other words, I think the battle lines are drawn wrong!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

OMG, they're such liars and opportunists it's unbelievable!! To just claim to know of a Terrorist attack against the president and act like you actually have first hand knowledge of it and promote such ideas so you can then use your fake "laughing magic of divinity" to then counter your made up claim is just sick and shameful to a degree that it's hard to even comprehend.

I've seen this very same tactic used by others too, even recently quite a few times in fact.

Any sane and moral person wouldn't be able to something like that without some major guilt issues but these guys do a couple times a week. But of course they're also rewarded for doing it. It gets them more money, more fame, more followers and more applause from those like them. So of course they keep doing it and of course the lies get bigger and more outrageous. I mean after you invoke God to change the path of a hurricane or use God magic to defeat a demon horde attacking America your next story has to be bigger or nobody is gonna care.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Oh please do explain more about what exactly you mean.

I love being told about myself by people online.

What do you mean "What am I searching for?" and how does that fit in with what I wrote exactly???

What do you find so sad about me in the context of whatever it is your saying???

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Are you actually defending the rich televanglists who have been fleecing their followers for years?
Don't you think it's sad that they have been swindling them for years?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Make America Great AGAIN.

How is that hard to understand? The "again" siginifies that america was once great and that's the time we need to get back to. So why are you even saying this?

These people already have far too much power in America and have had for decades, why are we bringing them into the white house and focusing on outdated, unproven and regressive beliefs and cultures?

More importantly what is regressive about the beliefs or religion? Or phrased differently, what progress has been made that would be undone by having meetings with the people who have made america great before?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The christians I know, disown televangelists at every turn. Yet the CAGW believers I know, don't disown al gore... That's pretty telling.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

However it's not the only method to achieve those benefits.

I know, right? Facebook can replace it all, just ask zuckerberg.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

The christians I know, disown televangelists at every turn. Yet the CAGW believers I know, don't disown al gore... That's pretty telling.

Not sure how many of them actually believe or follow Al Gore. They tend to follow and try to understand the scientists, not the non-scientist Al Gore who supposedly invented the Internet. Not even remotely the same as people believing and following the televangists without question.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

"Make America Great AGAIN."
Ask MLK what he thinks about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join